tModLoader The Thorium Mod

i'm trying to update the thorium (and another) mod, but when i press the "update" button, this appears
bug.png

is there something happenig or is just a bug/glitch?

So having played pre-hardmode as a healer I can say it's pretty interesting! Buuuut...I'm noticing some incredible problems so far. While the healing -works- it is incredibly frustrating to get much healing done. With how fast people move around during combat the healing spells available to you are very hard to manage well. The Good books healing range is far too low to be of any use in combat which leaves the life staff. Now this thing heals pretty well!...but only if you get hit by all the healing things when they collapse in. Also because they don't heal instantly you have to sorta predict where your partner is to hit them with it.

This is pretty hard to do if you're both dodging and weaving a boss though I have yet to try out the Prophecy yet. Might I suggest that for healing there be more easy ways of doing it? Perhaps something like a healing beam that works kinda similar to how the full power Last Prism works? Or maybe something that heals while your cursor is placed over the target?

Also I'm not entirely sure if its working properly or not but I don't think the cure book did as intended? I'll try to investigate it a little more if possible though just to confirm.

Decided to try building with Thorium Bricks. Turns out that the sprites don't quite match up when you connect single and double-thick pieces. Also the hammered bits look...off, somehow. Here's a picture to try to illustrate what I mean.

Capture 2016-06-10 20_42_11.png

After actually getting multiplayer to work, and checking the items out myself, I've been able to fix almost all of those issues. Healing is a lot easier to do, trust me. The items actually work. The staves actually work. Cure, Ancient tome of revival and liberation actually work. The list goes on for healer fixes...

After actually getting multiplayer to work, and checking the items out myself, I've been able to fix almost all of those issues. Healing is a lot easier to do, trust me. The items actually work. The staves actually work. Cure, Ancient tome of revival and liberation actually work. The list goes on for healer fixes...
Wonderful to hear! Hope the next time I play with my brother it'll make our odd duo work easier. A thrower + healer combo. Tis interesting to battle things to be sure.

1) This mod is awesome. ^_^ I especially love the throwing class support, and the new night's edge-equivalent weapons.

2) Dunno if this bug has been mentioned before, but the summon item dropped by the Grand Thunderbird (I forget its name; it summons vultures) seems to be bugged in multiplayer. Specifically it causes a really weird bug where to the other players you appear to be riding a reindeer, and also stuck in the floor. :?

lol that's not the only thing buggy thing that happens. In multiplayer, the hatchling staff makes the caster look like they have lovesick buff, while the Starfish staff has the look of the inferno buff when casted. (these only appear non client sided, so u will see it on others and not yourself)

is it just me, or waiting for like 15 minutes for this, to the point i gave up and F4'd out

PqTtOW6.jpg

Current Version 1.2.7.16
World Size: Large
World Type: Expert

is it just me, or waiting for like 15 minutes for this, to the point i gave up and F4'd out

Current Version 1.2.7.16
World Size: Large
World Type: Expert

It's a known, and sadly unavoidable issue. The game will hang there, but it's usually not actually frozen. It'll work if you wait long enough, or if you keep just trying until one goes through.

Out of curiosity, though, what are you naming your world? This may not be accurate, but my personal experience has been that worlds with shorter names generate with greater success, while those with longer names seem more likely to genuinely freeze.

since i had it in Expert on large, i named it "2hard4me" but usually, playing alone on a large expert world, didn't take this long xD, i'll give it another shot, whiles i'm doing some aweful house work haha

DivermanSam when i updated your mod the weapons i had on the weapon racks changed. I had the Sparking Jelly-ball on one and turned into the The Queen Jellyfish Bag.
Also i had the Obliterator on one and it turned into Eye of the Beholder. I hope this can be fix of at least tell me why this happen to my stuff?

Hi, I have to say I just love the Lunatic Cultist's expert magic weapon, it works amazing! And yeah, speaking of Lunatic Cultist - he deserves more fun drops... I wish we could have weapons with his spells effects, I'd love to fire something like that Frozen Orb. Anyway the Ancient Light is just great!

Hi, I have to say I just love the Lunatic Cultist's expert magic weapon, it works amazing! And yeah, speaking of Lunatic Cultist - he deserves more fun drops... I wish we could have weapons with his spells effects, I'd love to fire something like that Frozen Orb. Anyway the Ancient Light is just great!
The cultist drops a weapon in Expert mode?

Back
Top Bottom