tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Having played around and practiced it enough, I think I can finally say what my beef is with the Granite Energy Storm. It's the dang Coalesced Energy. The Storm center itself is whatever, it fires from a weird spot above its normal hitbox, but I hate the fact that when I pop a single Energy, I need to quickly dispatch the coalesced energy, meaning I need a higher-tier piercing weapon, or else the Coalesced Energy moves so fast and hits so hard that it's basically a death sentence right there for the rest of the boss. Then when it charges it adds another layer of stuff you have to micromanage, and it basically becomes a fight I generally do not enjoy for being pre-hardmode.
Heck, while I'm on the subject, Buried Champion and Granite Energy Storm share something in common that annoys me personally, but I can kind of understand: They spend a lot of time inside the walls, where they give off no light so you can't really track them. It's not something I needs fixing more than the damage values on the coalesced energy, but it's something I've noticed a lot. Especially when RNG decides to be mean to my Expert thrower and forces me to fight Buried Champion like 12 times to get the dang Champion's God Hand >->

I really enjoy this mod. I especially like the attention to the summoner class which is extremely lacking and hard to play in normal terraria. By far this mod adds the most content that feels like terraria. A lot of other mods stray too far from terraria's style. I think an important thing a lot of people miss is the development throughout terraria where lower Teri items are more normal, where as you progress farther, the items begin to be more magical, even throughout pre hard mode you have the wand of sparking to the bee gun which is much more out there and magical seeming. Or even with Merle you go from a copper sword to a weird purple sword that glows. I think that this mod in particular keeps up that feeling of not only a progression of strength but also of the magical properties of the items.

I recenty regained my Terraria, long story, but stolen account on steam adn other things, anyways, I decided to download this mod and Tremor, as they seem to eb the most well recieved. For some reason, in the mod loader thing, it lists Thorium as an Old Mod, is there a reason for this?

I recenty regained my Terraria, long story, but stolen account on steam adn other things, anyways, I decided to download this mod and Tremor, as they seem to eb the most well recieved. For some reason, in the mod loader thing, it lists Thorium as an Old Mod, is there a reason for this?
well heres the story
1-when terraria updates for 1.3.5 it was neccesary that the entire game code need a change.
2-this code change drastically affects the modloader devs so they need 2 months..... yes two months to update to 1.3.5
3-when modloader was released (version 0.10 onward) all mods need to change their code to 1.3.5 in order to work.
Any attempt to play with old mod versions that arent for modloader 0.10 displays on their description mod too old, and since the code is old its not gonna work.

So, that means i wont be able to play it then?

that sucks. Guess i will jsut have to be satisfied with Tremor, for now.
They are quite close to finishing this update anyways, so you wont have to wait much longer. They are working really hard to get this out for us so stay patient.

Tmodloader just updated and broke the big mods. Calamity, Tremor, and Spirit need updating. so i guess that means the thorium mod update is either getting pushed back a bit or this will be easy to fix and Thorium will continue on schedule.

How we can help speed up the update? No, seriously
By not asking every fifth post.

I'm serious, imagine working on a mod like this while people are nagging at you to release it when it's not ready. It'd get bloody annoying.

And, if it were me, it'd make we want to throw my arms up and call it quits.

By not asking every fifth post.

I'm serious, imagine working on a mod like this while people are nagging at you to release it when it's not ready. It'd get bloody annoying.

And, if it were me, it'd make we want to throw my arms up and call it quits.
Ok, ok
There are too much people what talking about "WHEN UPDATE?"WHERE UPDATE?" and it's really annoying.
People, just wait another two days, update is close.

I know there's an update waiting, but whenever I try to search for Thorium in the mod loader, it just doesn't list it. Not under "most popular" or anywhere, it's just not there. Is that related to the update or anything?

I know there's an update waiting, but whenever I try to search for Thorium in the mod loader, it just doesn't list it. Not under "most popular" or anywhere, it's just not there. Is that related to the update or anything?
It's an old mod, therefore its not on the mod browser. When the update comes out the mod will go back on the browser.

I'm glad to see that you're working on updating it. i really love this mod. I think I may donate in the near future. you deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom