tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Do you have cloud saves enabled? Cloud saves are known to delete any modded tiles you may have in your world.
I do have cloud saves enabled! Just tried it on a new world without cloud saves and the aqautic depths was there! I'm assuming this means opals will be underground too, along with life quartz, who my healer friend on my server had not been able to find.

Many thanks to you, good sir!

Guys I have a problem with the file aqua song my terraria does not want to load it what should I do ?

This is what I see when I try to load the thorium mod

The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/Aqua.mp3 failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
at System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity(Int32 value)
at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.Stream.CopyTo(Stream destination)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WAVCacheIO.CacheMP3(String wavCacheFilename, Byte[] data)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
The tModLoader team really needs to have this problem stickied somewhere, because it's so common. But I'll continue to post this as people continue asking:

Frustratingly, this isn't exclusively a Thorium problem. For many people (myself included) this will happen with any mods that add custom music. Spirit, Tremor, Thorium, Calamity, Joost etc. Since this is a real problem with tModLoader 0.10.0.0/1/2 that still hasn't been addressed, there's no actual "fix" for this once it starts happening. Nobody was getting this specific error before 0.10.0.0, and now many are getting it all the time.

The good news is, restarting does help me and most people who experience this. Just make sure once you restart, you don't mess with installing/uninstalling/enabling/disabling any mods whatsoever -- because once you do that, you won't be able to play again until another restart. Therefore this solution isn't permanent.

But even with restarting, sadly we're still going to happen sometimes while using any large mods that add custom music, until they either fix this in tModLoader (since again, this was never an issue before tModLoader 10.0.0), or Terraria gets 64-bit functionality on Windows machines. Either one would be nice.

Feel free to report your problem there (in tMod's main thread) -- while they're already aware of it, that's the best you can do for now.

i was playing around in a test world and when i spawned ragnarok in prehardmode it spawned 3 of each boss, is that supposed to happen?!

i was playing around in a test world and when i spawned ragnarok in prehardmode it spawned 3 of each boss, is that supposed to happen?!
the boss is not meant to be fought in PHM so no, its not supposed to happen and its unlikely to be fixed unless it happens when in PML

Hmm, the Kelp Planter Box doesn't actually seem to be a planter box. Swinging anything near a planted kelp seed destroys it, as do projectiles of any kind, and nothing but kelp can be planted in it. I don't see any difference in herb function between the planter box and ordinary marine rock.

Speaking of tweaking things, I feel like the defense penalty on spellbook - renewal needs to be more strict. While it's fine for most classes, summoners can easily spam it with the mana cufts and defense-increasing accessories to be nigh-unkillable short of super high damage sources... While still retaining the high damage output of their summons. The fact that said combo is available shortly after the game starts (in a corruption world) dosen't help.

Also for yoyos, I'm still confused as to why the sick throw deals less damage than the Eye of Cthulhu. There is the terrarium effect but it's still 25 base damage lower. (90 vs. 115), which the side damage from terrarium mix is not enough to make up. If it had a projectile attack like the eye of the destroyer does I could see the lower power, but it dosen't.

Last edited:
Hello :) The Cyberpunk Bard set glitches out whenever I ride on my wyvern buddy. It appears as if some of the pixels are off center. I have it set to the blue setting at the moment

When giving feedback like this, it's useful to include concrete information about *how* it is unbalanced, in your opinion, and why changing those things would improve the enjoyment of the game. Just "too unbalanced" isn't useful, because nobody knows what your experience is unless you tell us.
The laser beam projectiles do too much damage and spawn too frequent, just too high DPS in comparison to other weapons at the same progress stage

please help me? how to fix this?
unknown.png

How much damage is the Omega Drive supposed to be doing, and is that damage boosted by any particular set bonuses or accessories? I'm not complaining if it's supposed to be doing this much damage but I didn't expect it to be flat out murdering basic zombies like it's been doing since I got it.

So that is why i wasnt spotting any ores or the aquatic depths that this mod adds.

Hopefully the cloud save issue will be fixed in a future version.

So that is why i wasnt spotting any ores or the aquatic depths that this mod adds.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think it can be fixed... Cloud saving is only really designed to work with what is in the game. This is why it deletes blocks and whatnot since they are not something that is normally in a world. So unfortunately if you want to play with mods you can't use cloud saves. Most of these larger mods do mention that cloud saves cause problems though.

What @AbyssalDragon13 says is correct. This isn't a problem mod creators can fix, because it's a tModLoader issue -- and it probably won't ever be "fixed" due to how cloud saves work.

The good news is, you really don't need to use cloud saves anyway. You can accomplish the same result by backing up your files yourself, which just takes a few extra seconds. Using cloud saves is generally more trouble than it's worth, especially when it comes to modding.

Back
Top Bottom