tModLoader The Thorium Mod

When I defeat Ragnorok i can't use the use button (mine, place blocks, move items). Somebody help. Or is this a glitch?

So I'm gonna get some flak for this but I really think the healer class is fundamentally flawed. I'm playing it in a larger group now but it always is vastly inferior to just more damage. It doesn't really work. Most fights take place spanning many screen lengths, where applying heals is extremely difficult. Most heals either have short range or require extreme accuracy(sometimes both) which makes actually healing kind of pointless. If someone can pull away for a second and stand near you then you can just unload and top them off in a couple seconds, but that's rarely feasible when bosses are generating lots of flak and noise.

And that doesn't really justify the cost. You don't do any damage. If your allies take too much damage you can't help them. If they are being chased and in a bad spot you can't help them. If the fight goes south you're not salvaging it.

A healer should in theory widen the margin of error by buffering and protecting allies, but that just doesn't happen. If your allies are dodging well enough that healing would help, then killing the boss sooner would help much more. And since healer damage is godawful, chews through mana, or requires going into melee, you're basically dead weight.

I really hate to say this. I wanted to like it. Back when I played it in 2 man I thought it was just the small group. But with a large group now I'm *still* mostly useless. The only time this isn't the case is during fights in close quarters. In those fights I can unload some insane healing, and am extremely useful. But only a few fights take place in a situation where healers are useful.

I don't want them to do the same damage as everyone else. But if we're going to eat a 50%+ penalty to all other damage types it would be nice to actually be able to do our job during most fights.

I've been using a caster set as backup for soloing, while I farmed a *ton* of healer gear, and my backup set is more useful in boss fights than my primary. I understand the desire to not make things OP and overshadow the vanilla game but I'm really disappointed with the healer. I've now run it in multiple circumstances, with large and small groups, and it is useless well over half the time.

Edit: And I know people will likely say I'm just bad or something. But when I play literally *any* other role my utility and viability shoot through the roof. If I'm healing and we lose a fight, then I switch to my off set for next try we usually win.

Something I noticed while testing: Several NPC set banner and banner item differently, which is wrong.

For example: UnderworldPot1 and UnderworldPot2 both set "banner = npc.type" and both set "bannerItem = mod.ItemType("UnderworldPotBanner");". The correct behavior is UnderworldPot1 sets "banner = npc.type" and UnderworldPot2 sets "banner = mod.NPCType("UnderworldPot1");" (Basically, banner to banneritem is a 1 to 1 relationship. NPCID to banner is a many to 1 relationship.)

Fix these before 0.10.0.3 comes out, as it might check for this and refuse to load this mod.

Full list below:
Black Widow,Black Widow Item:Black Widow Banner
Frost Burnt,Frost Burnt Item:Frost Burnt Banner
Brown Recluse,Brown Recluse Item:Brown Recluse Banner
Gold Coin Bag,Copper Coin Bag Item:Coin Bag Banner
Silver Coin Bag,Copper Coin Bag Item:Coin Bag Banner
Feeding Frenzy,Feeding Frenzy Item:Feeding Frenzy Banner
Vampire Squid,Man o' War Item:Man o' War Banner
Frost Fang,Frost Fang Item:Frost Fang Banner
Lihzahrd Pot,Lihzahrd Pot Item:Lihzard Pot Banner
Mahogany Ent,Mahogany Ent Item:Mahogany Ent Banner
Underworld Pot,Underworld Pot Item:Underworld Pot Banner

The images on the main opening post keep going out due to overuse on bandwidth and such, I would recommend using something like http://imgur.com/ to host the image files because they are more lenient on bandwidth and it's way better compared to Photobucket that's for sure.

Does anyone else find it odd that the sub-woofers don't give a buff to the one who has it equipped? i think that if it did it would help the bards survivability. i also think that the bard and the summoner need terra weapons

May I throw an suggestion (Or two)?

Chi Projector
(Energy Projector + Chi Lantern)
"Even in an unstable battleground can one find Tranquility"
Gives out 5 burst of charged chi energy, where anyone (Including the user) gain an shield of Granite energies
Attacks Enemies with an Overflowing chi, damaging them and lowering their defense and attack
Damage inflicted heals scaling with Radiant power

Wings of the 8 Gates
(Champion's Wing + Chi Lantern)
"What one deems as dammed or hallowed ground may not all be that blurred"
Grants flight and decent
Running and Flying drops "Chakra" Orbs
Should another collect Chakra Orbs, they get 100 Health and 200 Mana
Should you collect Chakra Orbs, you get 20 Health and 40 Mana
[doublepost=1502285915,1502285768][/doublepost]
So I have a fun request, but I'm no modder so I don't know if it's possible...
Here it is. So, I'm a huge fan of summoners, right? I love having minions, not only as a damage source, but as a companion almost. Some things to keep me company in my adventures, you know? So I was thinking... you've added a Bard class. Bards do damage through music, and they ALSO buff nearby players. You see where I'm going with this?
So that's the idea! Do you think it is at all possible to somehow combine forces of the Bard and the Summoner?! It'd be so cool! The ability to be a music player of nature, having summons listen to the music and react differently to the affects! (Buffs of course) I think I can see how it wouldn't really work, but I just came here to ask out of mere curiosity. :D Any feedback from anyone would be nice.
My goal is to become a music playing warrior of minions and stuff!

Sounds (No pun intended) amazing! Honestly I would love to see this in some update!

I'd like to offer an idea of separating the Prefistoric Staff into two separate "virtual" weapons like the Thor's Hammer to allow precise control over what exactly you summon, in what order and how many of. Currently the randomness of it, which is nowhere to be seen among other vanilla and Thorium summon weapons, kinda diminishes its otherwise great value. In some situations, I'd like an army or dragons. Sometimes I need a flock of pterodactyls. Currently, it is nearly impossible and would take years of resummonning.

I noticed a bug where sometimes an item will dissapear completely when i put it on a weapon rack. i lost my best weapon to this, so can you please provide a fix?

So I'm gonna get some flak for this but I really think the healer class is fundamentally flawed. I'm playing it in a larger group now but it always is vastly inferior to just more damage. It doesn't really work. Most fights take place spanning many screen lengths, where applying heals is extremely difficult. Most heals either have short range or require extreme accuracy(sometimes both) which makes actually healing kind of pointless. If someone can pull away for a second and stand near you then you can just unload and top them off in a couple seconds, but that's rarely feasible when bosses are generating lots of flak and noise.

And that doesn't really justify the cost. You don't do any damage. If your allies take too much damage you can't help them. If they are being chased and in a bad spot you can't help them. If the fight goes south you're not salvaging it.

A healer should in theory widen the margin of error by buffering and protecting allies, but that just doesn't happen. If your allies are dodging well enough that healing would help, then killing the boss sooner would help much more. And since healer damage is godawful, chews through mana, or requires going into melee, you're basically dead weight.

I really hate to say this. I wanted to like it. Back when I played it in 2 man I thought it was just the small group. But with a large group now I'm *still* mostly useless. The only time this isn't the case is during fights in close quarters. In those fights I can unload some insane healing, and am extremely useful. But only a few fights take place in a situation where healers are useful.

I don't want them to do the same damage as everyone else. But if we're going to eat a 50%+ penalty to all other damage types it would be nice to actually be able to do our job during most fights.

I've been using a caster set as backup for soloing, while I farmed a *ton* of healer gear, and my backup set is more useful in boss fights than my primary. I understand the desire to not make things OP and overshadow the vanilla game but I'm really disappointed with the healer. I've now run it in multiple circumstances, with large and small groups, and it is useless well over half the time.

Edit: And I know people will likely say I'm just bad or something. But when I play literally *any* other role my utility and viability shoot through the roof. If I'm healing and we lose a fight, then I switch to my off set for next try we usually win.
Now everything I'm about to say is purely theoretical since I haven't played this mod with other players (As mush as I would like to) but your saying the healer would be a better class if his damage wasn't terrible and his healing option didn't require you to be in close range, didn't require pin-point accuracy, and/or didn't chew through mana like a last prism? It sounds to me like the Bard class except it can't heal you directly.

The bard fires on inspiration and buffs all his teammates that are near him which should simply entail passing by them while firing away at the boss/enemies. It also has the capability to play what are essentially buff dispensers that double as sentries (albeit somewhat weak ones). He is also capable of effective area denial against regular enemies due to his large array of weapons with as far as I could tell infinite piercing and weapons like the bongos that have an AoE attack all around him along with his ability to support. He is even capable of providing indirect healing through the application of the regeneration buff.

It seems to me like the healer would benefit from some of the ideas implemented into the bard class.

Like I said however this is highly theoretical, I haven't been able to test things like the range of the bards buffing.

Now everything I'm about to say is purely theoretical since I haven't played this mod with other players (As mush as I would like to) but your saying the healer would be a better class if his damage wasn't terrible and his healing option didn't require you to be in close range, didn't require pin-point accuracy, and/or didn't chew through mana like a last prism? It sounds to me like the Bard class except it can't heal you directly.

The bard fires on inspiration and buffs all his teammates that are near him which should simply entail passing by them while firing away at the boss/enemies. It also has the capability to play what are essentially buff dispensers that double as sentries (albeit somewhat weak ones). He is also capable of effective area denial against regular enemies due to his large array of weapons with as far as I could tell infinite piercing and weapons like the bongos that have an AoE attack all around him along with his ability to support. He is even capable of providing indirect healing through the application of the regeneration buff.

It seems to me like the healer would benefit from some of the ideas implemented into the bard class.

Like I said however this is highly theoretical, I haven't been able to test things like the range of the bards buffing.

I've actually made a big suggestion on the Discord server to the effect that the Healer (which, as an aside, I really think ought to be renamed Cleric).

I've actually made a big suggestion on the Discord server to the effect that the Healer (which, as an aside, I really think ought to be renamed Cleric).

I did had some idea

With some Cleric gear that heightens the Bard's power, ranging from doubling power of buffs, doubling duration, Inspiration Recharge Rate, and Inspiration Drop Rate

Hymn of the Queen
"An prayer that keeps the mind thinking"
Radiant/Bard weapon
An Church Trumpet of an holy white design.
Damage gives the Buff "Cleric's Rejoice 1", which buffs healing from Radiant Tools

Mask of the Church
"The masks of those who pray to the divine."
Equipable
Healing with Non-Radiant sources heightens the tunes' memories (Duriation Up), while using Radiant sources of healing buffs up the tune's power (Say, Cleric's Rejoice 1 becoming Cleric's Rejoice 2)

Hmm, So, question/request? Is there any mods that actually even HAVE worm-type summons? The Stardust Dragon is the only vanilla one, and if any mod added those kinds of summons I'd imagine it be Thorium/Spirit. And for that matter, how come summons haven't duplicated the functionality found in vanilla summons, that you can right-click to direct their aggro to a specific target?

Hmm, So, question/request? Is there any mods that actually even HAVE worm-type summons? The Stardust Dragon is the only vanilla one, and if any mod added those kinds of summons I'd imagine it be Thorium/Spirit. And for that matter, how come summons haven't duplicated the functionality found in vanilla summons, that you can right-click to direct their aggro to a specific target?
if I "remember" well....calamity has one but the thread has been locked by the lead dev. and to get it you must kill his boss DoG a very hard post-moon lord boss.

if I "remember" well....calamity has one but the thread has been locked by the lead dev. and to get it you must kill his boss DoG a very hard post-moon lord boss.

Devourer of Gods? Ulch. I like Calamity as a concept, the intense/Borderlands-y damage numbers of it is cool and fun, but sadly, not my style. Still a theme that should be taken advantage of...

how come summons haven't duplicated the functionality found in vanilla summons, that you can right-click to direct their aggro to a specific target?

Haven't they? I was pretty sure I was doing that just the other day...

One quick test later.

Huh. Guess I just always used vanilla summons before.

Back
Top Bottom