1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Discussion in 'Released' started by DivermanSam, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Demon Fox Kurama

Demon Fox Kurama Plantera

So.. Is ti just broken forever, then?

2. MountainDrew

MountainDrew The Destroyer

That is due to the fact that racks cannot store the amount of IDs that the vanilla game + Thorium has. Happens with Calamity and any mod with many items as well. This issue can sometimes 'break' the items placed.

You cannot get it back unless you craft it again or cheat it in. I'd personally cheat it back in since that bug is extremely annoying.

Also don't quote me on this but I thought that bug with mannequins and racks will be fixed in an upcoming tMod update. Either that or vanilla will have to fix it (if the devs are willing that is).

3. CATZSparks

CATZSparks Spazmatism

the best modifiers ive found to be the best are superior and deadly

4. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Skeletron Prime

Yeah, I was looking at Agile or Murderous, for the speed and crit chance. I'm just restless that they apparently only seem to get global mods... detracts from the unique flavor of them somewhat.

5. BH5432

BH5432 Terrarian

Hey there. Love the mod. tho with the new update I noticed the butterflies have been nerfed in a way that wasn't put in the patch log. They seem to now have a maximum range they can go from the player. Which is problematic as they target one mob and won't attack any other mob untill that one is dead. Which means they will sit there at max range from the player doing nothing till that mob gets close enough. And as someone who has the tier 5 butterfly wand this makes me sad.

6. Turkeybacon

Turkeybacon Terrarian

Is the right click targeting fixed on the butterfly staff? If you can re target enemies then the single mob targeting shouldn't be much of a problem.

7. BH5432

BH5432 Terrarian

The problem is not the targeting. Its the range. Its now so short that they are almost useless in fighting any boss that requires you to keep a bit of distance between you and them. They were really good before when they could go alil past the edge of the screen pretty much no matter the direction.(1080P). Using the grand design to measure they cap out at 30 tiles away from the player in the up down east and west directions. and about 20 tiles away at the diagonals. And for trying to do a Summoner playthrough thats just not enough space when it comes to many bosses in hard mode. And calamity. and even thorium bosses.

Turkeybacon likes this.
  8. vizthex

vizthex Terrarian

I'm not using them, but it's just slightly annoying constantly picking up the items.

9. Gruesome_Gengar

Gruesome_Gengar Terrarian

I absolutely love this mod but i am not a huge fan of the new grand thunder bird, i am doing a second playthrough so i have fought him once before but i really enjoyed him as a boss. He was really fun to fight and i really liked the sprite because it was kinda cute

10. MusicManiac

MusicManiac Terrarian

Hi, registered on the forums to report a bug. Something weird thing happened. I crafted Ancient Blade but I didn't knew that you need to use it in caverns, so i used it in my arena on surface, and for some strange reason Lunar Events started. And I can't even end it in a cheat way, there are no towers spawned. It's just this ultra-hard enemies, this fancy background and no end of suffering. I haven't even defeated Wall of Flash yet. Just tried this in new world, Nothing happened. Are there any logs I can send? For now I dunno, I'm just copying my base and bringing it into a new world.

Upd: got one mod from mod browser, called admin weapon or something. Summoned Lunatic Cultist, killed him, killed last boss, still has yellow background and falling stars and enemies keep spawning.

Upd: restart solved issue, enemies disappeared and sky is not yellow anymore.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  11. DivermanSam

DivermanSam Golem

The original Thunder Bird fight was just moving left and right while dodging a bunch of :red: it would spit out. In terms of boss design, it was horrendous. In this new form, it's a much better first boss. Demonstrates boss minion spawning, charging, simple and non-punishing projectiles and it's expert ability makes more sense. Maybe I could make it slightly harder, but I'd like to get a feel for peoples response to it first.

12. Levi the Shader

Levi the Shader Plantera

The new change for the boss is really nice. I think that its better leave it for the moment.

13. Lunatic Lobbyist

Lunatic Lobbyist The Destroyer

I'd be fine if you made him slightly harder. Although regarding the sprite upgrade, the difference is light and day -- he looks immensely better now. It's always great to see more improvements made to a mod that's already one of the finest-looking (if not the best) out there. :)

Turkeybacon likes this.
  14. Carried by Team

Carried by Team Terrarian

If this is a known bug I apologize for posting. If you're playing multiplayer and one player has a Butterfly Charm in their inventory to spawn exotic butterflies, the exotic butterflies phase in and out of existence causing damage when they disappear. They do this at random intervals and might not disappear for several seconds and sometimes do it multiple times a second. This makes catching exotic butterflies nearly impossible due to this random nature.

Blazingfireflies likes this.
  15. HallowKingJerrold

HallowKingJerrold Spazmatism

Why not add some Butterfly Armor and Weapons?

16. JimboTex

JimboTex Skeletron Prime

That being said, the boss mask could probably do with a respriting to reflect the new sprite for the boss itself. :merchantgrin:

17. SamTerarrium

SamTerarrium Spazmatism

Maybe, but the Butterfly Staff is a donator weapon, but could be

18. HallowKingJerrold

HallowKingJerrold Spazmatism

Have some "Butterfly Boomerangs" for Melee, an "Butterfly Cage" and "B. Cage Launcher" for Rocket-based Ranged Weapons, and even an Butterfly upgrade to the Granite Boss's Expert weapon for Magic!
    Also some Armor that can be buffed with higher grades of Butterflies and giving bonus Butterflies for each weapon as set bonuses would work too!

19. BattleDragon45

BattleDragon45 Slime Collector

hey,can you fix this please?

The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/Aqua.mp3 failed to load
    at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
    at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
    Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.AllocateFormatAndData(Byte[] format, Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)
    at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()

20. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Skeletron Prime

The GTB fight music is LOUD. Like whoa. I had to turn the sound down. Nice fight, though; much more involved.

Also, any idea why magic damage bonuses would reduce symphonic damage?

Bard gear options seem to be rather thin at all stages... there's a lot of material that just doesn't get used much, because none of the standard damage types affect symphonic and symphonic hasn't been added to any of them. The current Bard weapons are fairly novel, though; the Chrono Ocarina took me by surprise and the Trombone has been SURPRISINGLY useful. Some weapons suffer from their projectiles being too big (can't be fired through a two-block gap). Bagpipes suffer from ricocheted projectiles stopping at the player (can't fill a small space with ricocheting projectiles) and unremarkable usefulness considering how they're harder to get than most early-hardmode weapons.

Bard weapon types can occasionally be hard to determine for the sake of mouthpiece/mute/pick application; Bagpipes are technically wind, for example. There seems to also be a "voice" subset (wineglass, kazoo, megaphone, etc) and "percussion" subset (mallet, tambourine, maraca, bongos, chimes, triangle) that don't have set-specific bonuses. I also notice the Song of Ice and Fire and the Midnight Bass Booster suffer heavily for their inspiration cost; because inspiration buffs are so short, using them specifically for those buffs isn't worth the effort, whether you switch or not. Similarly, while it'd be nice to play an assortment of instruments to have several short-duration buffs running, inspiration buffs are just too short to do this with as a general rule. If they lasted more like 15-30 seconds, they'd be good active-fight buffs that would still fade and need to be re-stacked between fights.

That being said, WOW Thorium is a GREAT overall addition to the Terraria experience! Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Blazingfireflies likes this.