tModLoader The Thorium Mod

hey,can you fix this please?

The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/Aqua.mp3 failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.AllocateFormatAndData(Byte[] format, Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)

The GTB fight music is LOUD. Like whoa. I had to turn the sound down. Nice fight, though; much more involved.

Also, any idea why magic damage bonuses would reduce symphonic damage?

Bard gear options seem to be rather thin at all stages... there's a lot of material that just doesn't get used much, because none of the standard damage types affect symphonic and symphonic hasn't been added to any of them. The current Bard weapons are fairly novel, though; the Chrono Ocarina took me by surprise and the Trombone has been SURPRISINGLY useful. Some weapons suffer from their projectiles being too big (can't be fired through a two-block gap). Bagpipes suffer from ricocheted projectiles stopping at the player (can't fill a small space with ricocheting projectiles) and unremarkable usefulness considering how they're harder to get than most early-hardmode weapons.

Bard weapon types can occasionally be hard to determine for the sake of mouthpiece/mute/pick application; Bagpipes are technically wind, for example. There seems to also be a "voice" subset (wineglass, kazoo, megaphone, etc) and "percussion" subset (mallet, tambourine, maraca, bongos, chimes, triangle) that don't have set-specific bonuses. I also notice the Song of Ice and Fire and the Midnight Bass Booster suffer heavily for their inspiration cost; because inspiration buffs are so short, using them specifically for those buffs isn't worth the effort, whether you switch or not. Similarly, while it'd be nice to play an assortment of instruments to have several short-duration buffs running, inspiration buffs are just too short to do this with as a general rule. If they lasted more like 15-30 seconds, they'd be good active-fight buffs that would still fade and need to be re-stacked between fights.

That being said, WOW Thorium is a GREAT overall addition to the Terraria experience! Thanks!

Last edited:
Just gotta say that I LOVE the Thunder Bird's new changes! I love how the bird now flies away instead of dying. Truly makes this a very unique boss

hey,can you fix this please?

The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/Aqua.mp3 failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.AllocateFormatAndData(Byte[] format, Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)
It's a known tMod bug, you have to restart and reload Terraria for the mod will works, if not worked like three or more times, remove other mods that are basically crashed your game

Is it possible to make the Aquatic Depths...bigger? My friend and I have been running into some real space issues. Simply put, even with a Large world we can't seem to make an arena that doesn't cross over into another biome. Apparently, that's the reason why I've had so much trouble with Abyssion. No matter where the arena gets built, it always ends up setting off his rage mode.

Is it possible to make the Aquatic Depths...bigger? My friend and I have been running into some real space issues. Simply put, even with a Large world we can't seem to make an arena that doesn't cross over into another biome. Apparently, that's the reason why I've had so much trouble with Abyssion. No matter where the arena gets built, it always ends up setting off his rage mode.
Abby doesn't require that big an arena, I use an arena about the size of where I fight Plantera and do fine. Maybe two screens high and 2-3 screens across. You're gonna spend a lot of time doing circles.

People keep sayin' that the new Thunder Bird is awesome, gotta fight it as soon as I'm done building the base.:confused:

also is the Omnicide's countdown actually gone? bucause if yes, that's awesome, I'm not a big fan of time based bosses...
Speaking of the Ragnarok, why did you remove the music from the final expert mode phase? not complaining, it just feels weird... but I can understand the decision:happy:

Oh, by the way, Diverman Sam you owe me an enchanted shrine: was looking for the Aquatic depths in my newest playthrough, found the Depths but also a shrine tunnel, dig down the tunnel and guess what?
the shrine got overwritten dy the Depths!... you all reading this better believe I got salty for a good minute-_-(didn't cheat an enchanted sword/Arkhalis in though)

Still unclear on some items. Saxophone is a wind instrument, french horn is brass but popular to include in woodwind quintets. Autoharp is a stringed instrument. Clarinet and bassoon are wind. Are these instruments affected by the appropriate accessories (mouthpiece, pick, mute)?

Made a no-brainer Martian Saucer killing station: My Witch Doctor's house is in the jungle (for Leaf Wings). I extended the peak of his house upwards in a chimney, three wide, three-brick-wide sides (thick enough to deflect missile explosions), two-brick-deep top. I put a platform so I can stand in the top and placed a safe and Heart Lantern. His house sits ABOVE the surface, so I made the chimney high enough that trash spawns will come and go out-of-sight at the bottom. I dropped a bunch of Music Sheet instruments on the top and hookshot to the brick just underneath them (standing there isn't close enough, but hooking to just under them is.

I'm close enough to the Doc to keep things going. Martian Saucer shows up, flies around doing his thing above me, the instruments do all the work. I left, got breakfast, came back, event was over and a bunch of Saucer loot was lying around. Great fun! Next invasion, I also used the Chrono Ocarina's sigil effect to speed up the kills for giggles. I tried using the Triangle, but he moves around too much.

Also, maybe add Bard-specific (and Healer-specific) headpieces for some of these sets that already exist, to expand armor options, similar to how you added the Meteorite summon mask. There's just so little in the way of gear paths. And can we please eventually have a way to combine instrument-specific accessories in the later game? Maybe something involving the Band Kit. Similarly, combining Music Sheets would be great... "Music Sheet: Orchestra", anyone?

I would like to know if there's gonna be a new update soon. i have just recently started using this mod and have been using it along side the Calamity Mod and realized that at a certain point, the weapons from this mod are no longer viable and hoping that in the next update, way more powerful weapons that can still be viable in the Calamity Mod. I'm new to this site so if this is the wrong place for this comment, please redirect me to the appropriate place

I would like to know if there's gonna be a new update soon. i have just recently started using this mod and have been using it along side the Calamity Mod and realized that at a certain point, the weapons from this mod are no longer viable and hoping that in the next update, way more powerful weapons that can still be viable in the Calamity Mod. I'm new to this site so if this is the wrong place for this comment, please redirect me to the appropriate place
Really? Weapons like Wyvern Slayer, Quasar's Flare, Nuclear Fury, Lucidity, and Terra Weapons seem like they should shine just fine.

This mod is mostly balanced around vanilla, Calamity is balanced around itself. That's why calamity weapons are so much stronger than thorium weapons, due to this I'd recomend not using those two mods together.

Calamity is extremely unbalanced. Thorium and Calamity do not mix well together at all.

calamity is balanced on their own AND if you use calamity with other mods only use their equipment only for his bosses, defeat any final bosses of whatever mods you have and leave calamity for the end and thats it.
Yeah I meant balanced around itself. Sorry for my bad choice of words!

The original Thunder Bird fight was just moving left and right while dodging a bunch of :red: it would spit out. In terms of boss design, it was horrendous. In this new form, it's a much better first boss. Demonstrates boss minion spawning, charging, simple and non-punishing projectiles and it's expert ability makes more sense. Maybe I could make it slightly harder, but I'd like to get a feel for peoples response to it first.
the new thunderbird felt as easy as the old one, i had cactus armor wood bow and frostburn arrows 100hp. Also i felt that the death animation was weird, why make it just fly into the sky, its not like there's going to be a harder version of the thunderbird is there?

Is there any reason why Boss Expertise doesn't work with the endgame bosses? I love using it but I need to switch to Expert if I even want the treasure bags. :/

could you give me tips on how to improve my sprites? this is my first one.

Attachments

• fire gun.png
    fire gun.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 153
Back
Top Bottom