tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Abby doesn't require that big an arena, I use an arena about the size of where I fight Plantera and do fine. Maybe two screens high and 2-3 screens across. You're gonna spend a lot of time doing circles.
That sounds like exactly the size we've been using. ':eek:
...if not bigger.

I would like to know if there's gonna be a new update soon. i have just recently started using this mod and have been using it along side the Calamity Mod and realized that at a certain point, the weapons from this mod are no longer viable and hoping that in the next update, way more powerful weapons that can still be viable in the Calamity Mod. I'm new to this site so if this is the wrong place for this comment, please redirect me to the appropriate place

You will not be able to get weapons appropriate to Calamity from many other mods, least of all Thorium. Thorium's balance point is very near to Vanilla. Calamity's is...high. Really high. Like, we're talking it causes internal balance issues with its own content and then the creator feels obligated to include late-game nerfs to the player to make up for it high. Not saying that Calamity is an unbalanced mod, but it's pretty well known to have a significantly higher power curve than other mods, and some pretty bipolar balance besides that. The player gets very strong, very fast, and the bosses power up even faster than that. Any mod that's not based around more bigger numbers the same way just won't be able to keep up.

Last edited:
could you give me tips on how to improve my sprites? this is my first one.
Hi @Vesperia52, welcome to the forums.

I can see that you are excited about making sprites for Terraria, but please don't go into threads and advertise your sprites, asking for others to look at them and critique them. This thread isn't about your sprites.

You can use your own profile to show off your sprites, or if you want to create a thread for your sprites in the Art section you can. Feel free to PM me if you need help getting that started by clicking on the 'Start a Conversation' link that appears under my avatar at the bottom.

Fun Fact!
If you have Cheat Sheet/HERO's Mod and go into the boss category, the old Thunder Bird is still there :dryadwink:
upload_2017-9-8_7-20-25.png

Hey, I dunno if this has come up, but I logged into a Hardmode Thorium world and a Blobfish spawned right outside my home base at spawn. Killed it and got Abyssal Chitin.

here's an idea for the future, more sentries and a way to get more max sentries, as of right now, there are 8 armor sets in the game for sentries, all in hard mode, not to mention how in reality there are only 2 sets because each set of 4 is a personal preference deal, so more armors and sentries would make a pure defender using the sentries possible

here's an idea for the future, more sentries and a way to get more max sentries, as of right now, there are 8 armor sets in the game for sentries, all in hard mode, not to mention how in reality there are only 2 sets because each set of 4 is a personal preference deal, so more armors and sentries would make a pure defender using the sentries possible
in other words a complete sentry class for thorium in the future.

in other words a complete sentry class for thorium in the future.
exactly, a new way to play, at the moment (correct me if I'm wrong) there are no armor sets or accessories in Thorium that do anything for sentries, and this mod is about making the game more balanced, is it not?

exactly, a new way to play, at the moment (correct me if I'm wrong) there are no armor sets or accessories in Thorium that do anything for sentries, and this mod is about making the game more balanced, is it not?
Not really more balanced, but making its content balanced around vanilla (Which is something a lot of mods definitely need)

well yes..... but we cant force the devs of thorium to give us right away a "complete sentry class" well just look how long they took to make bard class well.... thats just because modloader has to update to the new game code, making the armors,accesories, sentry staves and sprites for this will take time thats for sure so the only thing that we can do is "suggest" for the idea unless a group a of people want to donate in order to make this happen (fingers crossed).

well yes..... but we cant force the devs of thorium to give us right away a "complete sentry class" well just look how long they took to make bard class well.... thats just because modloader has to update to the new game code, making the armors,accesories, sentry staves and sprites for this will take time thats for sure so the only thing that we can do is "suggest" for the idea unless a group a of people want to donate in order to make this happen (fingers crossed).
right, it's nothing more than a suggestion, however, I think we can all agree at the moment the sentry class is far from balanced, with there being so few armor sets and accessories, all of which are hard mode, balancing it would almost be as cool as the Bard class (though tbh, nothing is cooler than a Bard)

Completed throwing class? i was considering playing using only throwing weapons but noticed that once i get to hard mode, throwing weapons become less useful. in addition to this, there are only two armor sets that affect throwing damage. I hope that Thorium can spruce up the throwing class but it's just a thought.
already done

Tried orichalcum, don't have mythril in our world.. I just cant figure it out.
I just tried the recipe and it gives me ladys night with the 4 vanilla anvils, are you sure youre close enough to the anvil (if you watch happydays videos make sure to be close or not put the anvil on platforms a few tiles away from the ground) do you have the materials to craft it 25 pixie dust, 8 crystal shards, 4 souls of light and 2 unicorn horns?.

I just tried the recipe and it gives me ladys night with the 4 vanilla anvils, are you sure youre close enough to the anvil (if you watch happydays videos make sure to be close or not put the anvil on platforms a few tiles away from the ground) do you have the materials to craft it 25 pixie dust, 8 crystal shards, 4 souls of light and 2 unicorn horns?.

Yep, have lead anvil, iron, orichalcum and thorium. 43 pixie dust, 11 souls, 8 crystals, 5 horns... Will not show up to craft.. I moved all the anvils out to flat ground and still nothing.

Back
Top Bottom