tModLoader The Thorium Mod

This thread has become very long, so I couldn't find information on this. The butterfly lure and butterfly charm are NOT in the druid's inventory. Does any one have an idea of why this is happening? *Nevermind. DUH.

Yeah so my buddy just killed the fallen beholder with me, and got a black hole cannon from the expert treasure bag????

When I load my thorium world in singleplayer it gives me the error:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatLine..ctor()

at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)

at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

It works in multiplayer but there is some lag

Last edited:
When I load my thorium world in singleplayer it gives me the error:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown
It works in multiplayer but there is a lot of lag

Out of memory means you run to much Mods impacting ur performance if you only have Thorium ur Pc is to weak tho.

Help please! Whenever I enable the Thorium mod and reload my mods I get this error:

The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Custom/MetalClank.mp3 failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Log:

The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Custom/MetalClank.mp3 failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Access to the path 'C:\Users\RockStar44\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\Cache\ThoriumMod_Sounds_Custom_MetalClank_1.4.3.6.wav' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WAVCacheIO.SaveWavStream(MemoryStream output, String wavCachePath)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WAVCacheIO.CacheMP3(String wavCacheFilename, Byte[] data)
I think that happens if you don't have any audio devices like headphones or speakers

Just trying this mod out for the first time - good stuff. One issue. When using Bard weapons I get these Inspiration Notes. From what I understand, it's supposed to be like a mana star. You pick them up, get a Inspiration buff, but they never appear in your bag.

Except after a fight my bag is literally full to the brim with Inspiration Notes. As in I actually picked them up. As in they are items.

That ain't right - right?

Okay, so i was playing on this mod, i got off for a bit, and now Terraria is saying that it isnt there, i removed some files from the place where the mods go, and remade them, i think i might have done something wrong... someone help me? The mod was working just fine but it just dropped off the face of the earth, i reinstalled tModloader hoping the files would come back, but they didnt. I deleted the Terraria in the 'My Games' section, and idk what to do now...

This is a pretty great mod and I've thoroughly enjoyed it I just have one big problem with it. Abyssion I can't see the pick ups much less his whirl pool attacks, could you fix this in the next update please? Maybe add some kind of light source or make the things glow because I'm tired of blindly stumbling around in the dark waters only to have Abyssion tear me apart because I accidentally summon the thing by picking up the summon glob thing its all I ask.

Congratulations, @DivermanSam! Thorium's the first tModLoader mod to break one million downloads!
Nice!.png

[Source]

Wow guys, first to 1 million total mod browser downloads... When I started this mod a couple years ago, I never thought it would become as popular as it is now. Going from a measly 120 items and a couple npcs to having over 1600 items, many armor sets, enemies, bosses, classes, a biome, etc. really goes to show what you can achieve if you just keep at it and don't give up. As I'm sure most of you know by now, Thorium dev is coming to a close. I can't keep adding items to the mod without bloating every single spot in progression. That said, it is my plan to improve some boring/seemingly pointless weapons, such as the hardmode swords with proper and cool effects (no more right click to hit harder nonsense). So while new content will largely stop, improvements to effects, code and bug fixes will still continue for a time. I'll always keep the mod up to date with the latest tModLoader, so don't worry about that either. With all that in mind, I hope I've made the modding community happy. Love you guys to death.

Things I can promise before development closes:
- Cave boss
- Rag Bard armor and weapons
- Queen jellyfish rework
- Dying Reality rework
- Blacksmith specialty
- Hardmode sword changes
- Bard instrument noise fluctuations
- Some new bard weapons and existing item changes
- Some new paintings
- Some new blocks
- Content balancing