• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

tModLoader The Thorium Mod

JimboTex

Plantera
How i can make de guardians soul? because thorium wiki dont mension how (sorry my inglish jeje )
Are you talking about the Guardian Angel Soul? Because I think that's from Fargo's Mutant Mod, which has some crossover content with various mods, which is why it wouldn't be on the Thorium wiki.

I'm pretty sure its made from a bunch of Healer equipment, but it's been a while since my last Thorium+Fargo playthrough. Best bet would be to look it up using the Recipe Browser mod, assuming you have that installed. If you don't have Recipe Browser, try taking any Healer weapons/accessories with "Material" in the tooltip to the Guide.

Vanegottin

Terrarian
[QUOTE = "JimboTex, post: 1587075, member: 88658"] ¿Estás hablando del Alma del ángel guardián? Porque creo que es de Mutant Mod de Fargo, que tiene un contenido cruzado con varias modificaciones, por lo que no estaría en la wiki de Torio.

Estoy bastante seguro de que está hecho de un montón de equipos Sanador, pero ha pasado un tiempo desde mi último juego de Thorium + Fargo. La mejor opción sería buscarlo usando el modificador del navegador de recetas, suponiendo que lo tiene instalado. Si no tiene el Navegador de recetas, intente llevar cualquier arma / accesorio de Sanador con "Material" en la información sobre herramientas a la Guía. [/ QUOTE]

haa muy tonta de mi parte muchas gracias

sea_4

Terrarian
I've found that equipping the epic mouthpiece lowers my acceleration by a considerable amount. It's especially noticeable when I double jump with a sandstorm in a bottle, because I don't get the quick speed boost from it.

Chainer

Terrarian
Does pinky fall of the face of the planet after hardmode?? I can’t progress my tracker at all because I haven’t seen a pinky in weeks. Any way around this? I have my lifeform analyzer on at all times but still, :pinky: eludes me.

AbyssalDragon13

Duke Fishron
Does pinky fall of the face of the planet after hardmode?? I can’t progress my tracker at all because I haven’t seen a pinky in weeks. Any way around this? I have my lifeform analyzer on at all times but still, :pinky: eludes me.
Sadly it is just a matter of being unlucky. The rare enemies can be quite non-existent sometimes. Technically speaking it does become rarer in hardmode but only on account of there being more enemy types. I think pinky has a higher chance of spawning during slime rains for what that is worth.

Speaking of slime rain, that's a mechanic that is barely recognized and maybe could get some attention? Or an item to summon it at the very least. It's definitely not a priority, nor anything necessary really, but hey I thought of it so why not bring it up?

Chainer

Terrarian
Sadly it is just a matter of being unlucky. The rare enemies can be quite non-existent sometimes. Technically speaking it does become rarer in hardmode but only on account of there being more enemy types. I think pinky has a higher chance of spawning during slime rains for what that is worth.

Speaking of slime rain, that's a mechanic that is barely recognized and maybe could get some attention? Or an item to summon it at the very least. It's definitely not a priority, nor anything necessary really, but hey I thought of it so why not bring it up?
I use fargos mod for event summons but they don’t feature slime rain as one of them ): it’s a bummer I haven’t gotten a rain in a while.. come to think of it, I haven’t gotten an eclipse either.. bleh.

Proxiehunter

Terrarian

The reduced grinding mod has a slime rain potion. I actually asked the creator of the mod to add it precisely because of the finding pinky issue.

Nova Dee

Golem
I noticed a very interesting feature related to Lihzahrd Temple. At this location Thorium mod conflicts with other mods. In the original, in addition to enemies from Lihzahrd Temple, there may be others, for example from the jungle, as well as from other mods. With the active Thorium mods, the only enemies are Lihzard, Flying Snake, Sol Priestess and Mimics. I would very much like to hope that in future they will support other mods in this place.
p.s. I apologize if the topic was raised earlier.

Example
Spawn Rate Monster x10. No Thorium Mod. (Spirit mod Active)

==============
Spawn Rate Mobs x30. Thorium and Spirit Mod Active. (No Jungle and Spirit mod enemies)

Last edited:

SilverDarkBlade

Terrarian
is the player duplication glitch with the dual wielding mod fixable on this side? or does the author of dual wield have to fix it? it only happens with dual wield and thorium both installed.

Kefke

Steampunker
Can we talk about the Cook? He's gotten a lot more useful over time, but I still feel like there's something off. The quick eat key (thank you for adding that, by the way) helps a lot, but it can't be used unless you're already hurt, so it's not really helpful for using the buffing aspect of food tactically. Not a big deal, but at times it can be frustrating. It's not my main concern, though.

• Some of the buffs don't seem to last long enough to be useful. A minute is okay for something not a potion, but not ideal with the restrictions on use. Thirty seconds, on the other hand, is pretty much negligible. From their respective potions, Regeneration can be gained for 5 minutes, Magic Power for 2, and Mana Regeneration for 7. Yet the foods that give these buffs only last half a minute. I don't really have a problem with foods giving less of a buff than potions, but that seems like an excessive nerf. For reference; Magic Power, Gills, and Thorns are the only non-cosmetic effects whose potion lasts less than 3 minutes.
  • The healing on the Cook's food doesn't scale well. In fact, it doesn't scale at all. Foods start out as equal to lesser healing potions, with some being in between a lesser potion and a regular one...and they stay in about that range. Once you reach Hardmode, there's not much reason to visit the cook, since the heals don't keep up, and potions offer longer-lasting buffs. It would be nice to have him start selling "Gourmet" versions of his food later on with stronger effects and a price increase to match. Maybe a few especially high-end items as you go toward mid to late Hardmode.
  • I'm looking at the wiki for this one, but Mana Delight is...there's not really a nice way to put this. It's just a not that great an item. You can't even get it until Hardmode and you have to supply ingredients, at which point it is a higher-costed and less effective version of the mana potions the Wizard has been selling the whole time, and not even half as good as the upgraded version of those. It offers no other bonuses on top of a straight mana recovery. Even in pre-hardmode, the player has access to Strange Brew, which heals more Mana and also recovers HP, for a quarter of the price. The advantage of using Mana Delight is meant to be that it doesn't inflict the Mana Sickness debuff, but it's not really worth it. Mana Sickness lasts for about 5 seconds unless you're spamming potions, while Mana Delight adds the Full Stomach debuff for 20. You can get some use out of it by juggling between mana potions and Mana Delight, but that really only helps if you'd be spamming anyway, in which case needing 20 seconds to use Mana Delight again kind of defeats the point. This item kind of needs a conceptual redesign in my opinion. The recovery would be fine if it worked more like the other items, and gave additional benefits.
  • I've talked before about adding more variety. There are still some buffs I'd love to see attached to food. For instance...Blood > Blood Pudding > Hunter Buff. I don't know what other materials could be used, but some other foods that come to mind;
    • Spicy Curry > Inferno Buff
    • Hearty Stew > Warmth Buff
    • Jagdwurst (Hunter Sausage) > Archery Buff
    • M.R.E. (Meal Ready to Eat) > Ammo Reservation Buff
    • Herbal Tea > Calm Buff
    • Watercress Sandwich > Aqua Affinity
  • As a final thing, though not particularly important, one of my friends will not eat pork for religious reasons, even in a videogame. So the ultimate food being bacon kind of leaves him out. Not much else has this problem, but it would be nice to not leave out people with religious or ethical concerns. I know the bacon is a Vanilla item, but including a functionally identical "Tofu Bacon" for people who have issue with it would be a good gesture.

Last edited:

AdipemDragon

Steampunker
  • As a final thing, though not particularly important...
My dude, you should know that Bacon is already in the base game and that Thorium only adds another method of obtaining it. The recipe you give to the Cook is called what it is because it's fun calling a simple sketch of a pig the "Ultimate Recipe".

Plus, if you really want an ultimate recipe, a Life Fruit Platter is The way to go. It lets you bypass fishing in order to get one of the best potion effects in the game. (More health to toy around with is always nice.)

Kefke

Steampunker
My dude, you should know that Bacon is already in the base game and that Thorium only adds another method of obtaining it. The recipe you give to the Cook is called what it is because it's fun calling a simple sketch of a pig the "Ultimate Recipe".

Plus, if you really want an ultimate recipe, a Life Fruit Platter is The way to go. It lets you bypass fishing in order to get one of the best potion effects in the game. (More health to toy around with is always nice.)
That part was more of a joke to make said friend laugh, and just something silly I thought would make a nice addition for people who don't want their character to eat bacon.

Aceliip

Skeletron Prime
My game seams to crash whenever I use the sphere transformation item (the one that's like Metroid). Everything works fine but this item, equiping it is okay but once you hit the mount key and use it for a bit there is always a crash that follows after afew minutes. Hopefully this is already known and gets fixed next update cuz yea I would love to use it for a secret metroid-esk base :)

Besides the above issue the mod is fantastic and I cant wait for the bard to get it's end-game gear like the healer has. Love it and can't not have this mod installed when playing Terraria. Great work!

Hello. There is a way to "take" an item from the thorium mod? Because thorium won't work for my friend, but I want Firestorm boots, and the eye of the destroyer yoyo. I searched the internet about how to open .tmod file but I found nothing...

Last edited:

SamTerarrium

Official Terrarian
Hello. There is a way to "take" an item from the thorium mod? Because thorium won't work for my friend, but I want Firestorm boots, and the eye of the destroyer yoyo. I searched the internet about how to open .tmod file but I found nothing...
What do you exactly mean as in take an item?

Top Bottom