• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Huu_ko

Terrarian
So i've been playing the Thorium mod for a long time by now and i've played it for a few times with different weapon classes. So far the bard class has easily been my favourite all around.There is one weapon i really like with a good concept but its really irritating to use and that weapon is the Aquamarine Glass found in the underground ocean biome chests. Problem with that weapon is that you have to throw the glass first by left clicking and then pressing right click to explode it, it makes the weapon really inconsistent and annoying to use.
To fix the problem the glasses should just explode on enemy hits or when hitting a solid block, also it should keep the autoswing feature.

So thats my small problem with the mod and i wish you could see this because it took a long time for me to type this. Thank you.

What do you exactly mean as in take an item?
It's hard to tell, but I'll try.. So, I want an item from the thorium mod: The firestorm boots and the eye of the destroyer yoyo. I tried to unpack that "thoriumMod.tmod" file, but I can't open .tmod files. I wanted to take the item file and put them in to an another mod, or in to the terraria files, to have the boots and the yoyo in the game without the full mod. Or create a mod with that 2 items.

Kefke

Steampunker
So i've been playing the Thorium mod for a long time by now and i've played it for a few times with different weapon classes. So far the bard class has easily been my favourite all around.There is one weapon i really like with a good concept but its really irritating to use and that weapon is the Aquamarine Glass found in the underground ocean biome chests. Problem with that weapon is that you have to throw the glass first by left clicking and then pressing right click to explode it, it makes the weapon really inconsistent and annoying to use.
To fix the problem the glasses should just explode on enemy hits or when hitting a solid block, also it should keep the autoswing feature.

So thats my small problem with the mod and i wish you could see this because it took a long time for me to type this. Thank you.
The intent is that you can toss them out like mines, and detonate them when it's most advantageous to do so. It's supposed to be a bit tricky, because it's a tactical weapon.

JimboTex

Plantera
Hello. There is a way to "take" an item from the thorium mod? Because thorium won't work for my friend, but I want Firestorm boots, and the eye of the destroyer yoyo. I searched the internet about how to open .tmod file but I found nothing...
I dunno. That seems like an awful lot of work for very little gain. I'd think you'd have better luck trying to figure out why Thorium doesn't work for your friend.

(Also, I think the mod author would object to that kind of "borrowing." :merchanteek:)

Last edited:

termigator1359

Skeletron Prime
The Yew Wood Bookcase (and probably Aquatic depths and thorium ones too) doesn't fit in with other vanilla bookcases. It doesn't count as a flat surface for housing and it kind of is like a bunch of platforms. The housing query thingy calls it a solid block and standing in the middle of the bookshelf looks really odd, especially when your feet don't land on a "shelf".

EDIT: The Marine and Thorium bookcases are weird as well.

Kefke

Steampunker
The Yew Wood Bookcase (and probably Aquatic depths and thorium ones too) doesn't fit in with other vanilla bookcases. It doesn't count as a flat surface for housing and it kind of is like a bunch of platforms. The housing query thingy calls it a solid block and standing in the middle of the bookshelf looks really odd, especially when your feet don't land on a "shelf".

EDIT: The Marine and Thorium bookcases are weird as well.
So far, the only mods I've found that remembered to correctly set Bookcases (or Pianos, or Bathtubs) as table-equivalents are GRealm and Sacred Tools.

termigator1359

Skeletron Prime
I just found this issue where the nurse keeps trying to "heal" me of the Demo's Guidance "debuff". I hide the lantern; she stops charging money. I put up the normal lanterns without the light pet and she doesn't charge money.

DarkMoves

Terrarian
Hi!

I don't know where to submit bugs / ideas so I'll post it here, i'm currently playing with 4 friends on a thorium-modded server.
The only issue right now is that I'm playing summoner and the "Living Wood Sap" item is unobtainable. It's not a 100% drop but it' can only be found in living wood trees, of which there's usually 1, so the drop should be assured, just like the other items you can find in the living wood chest.. I even searched around 10 single player worlds and I feel like it doesn't appear to be in any chest at all. The mod works perfectly in any other way thanks for working on it ! (Bard might be a bit op tho :p)

CodeVengeance

Official Terrarian
Hi!

I don't know where to submit bugs / ideas so I'll post it here, i'm currently playing with 4 friends on a thorium-modded server.
The only issue right now is that I'm playing summoner and the "Living Wood Sap" item is unobtainable. It's not a 100% drop but it' can only be found in living wood trees, of which there's usually 1, so the drop should be assured, just like the other items you can find in the living wood chest.. I even searched around 10 single player worlds and I feel like it doesn't appear to be in any chest at all. The mod works perfectly in any other way thanks for working on it ! (Bard might be a bit op tho :p)
You should be able to find one in a living wood chest. Maybe search a few more times and hopefully find one.

DuoRogue

Terrarian
While I'm glad bard is as strong as it is (I'm playing bard in a 2 person playthrough with calamity and revengeance enabled, so being able to stay relevant without using a calamity supported armor is nice), healer, especially prehardmode, seems severely underpowered. I haven't gotten a chance to try it out in hardmode or a large multiplayer setting, which I imagine are where it shines.

The person I was playing with who initially tried to go healer had the main complaint of a lack of range, which at least prehardmode I feel is fair due to healer armor lowering non-radiant damage, discouraging you from using non-healer weapons, unlike other armors which are more freeform.

AiredDin

Terrarian
Considering their sounds are modeled after the harp sounds in vanilla Terraria, you're the first I've seen to complain about this in Thorium. That being said, it's been stated a future update will focus on making instruments more "melodic" and less flat-sounding, which should be nice.

In the meantime you'll have to deal with how they sound, unless you mute all sounds or stop using bard items. You'll get used to it. ;)
Unless it's impossible to override or replace sounds, I'll definitely fix it.

AdipemDragon

Steampunker
Directly copying how vanilla butterflies worked made them whiz around frantically in multiplayer for some reason, they've been properly fixed in this upcoming version though.

Top Bottom