tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Im running both Calamity and Thorium, however a blood chamber to fight viscount will not spawn. Although the Grim pointer still points towards a point underground rather than the top left if a blood chamber doesn't exist. Anyone else got this problem?

I've been having the exact same problem, tried generating multiple other worlds and the problem still persists.

Have either of you checked the full map via tEdit or other means? My grim pointer sent me to a random area of the underground that wasn't the blood chamber, but upon viewing the full map I found that I did have a Blood Chamber a good distance below where the pointer was sending me.

Thorium isn't open source. If I were wanting to contribute to the project (fix a few bugs myself), would there be a way to do this? Who would I talk to about this?
(In another workflow, I would fix it, test it, and send a github pull request or something like that)

so. Im going around down to the Underworld, and I find some Magma Ore. But! the confusing thing is, it says iron pick or better and i have the THORIUM Pax, and it wont mine it. I also tried bombs and other things. Is this a glitch, or is it not minable unless u have a Pickaxe not Pax?

My grim pointer sent me to a random area of the underground that wasn't the blood chamber, but upon viewing the full map I found that I did have a Blood Chamber a good distance below where the pointer was sending me.

Same happened to me, in the picture attached you can see where the grim pointer was guiding me to (green circle - nervermind that I died there) and where the blood chamber actually was...
Thankfully I was able to find it, would have been a shame to miss out on Viscount

Ag6yZXq.jpg

-=NyanDiamond=- Vonkun teethewicked Cheshire1981
It is a currently known problem regarding worlds generated with both Thorium and Calamity at once, in which, due to an assumed recent internal change in how Calamity handles its vanilla worldgen modifications, the coordinates the Grim Pointer saves in order to reference when pointing to the Blood Chamber get dragged along with the extended world space they add for hwhatever their biome above Space is. I don't really have any actual thing to say about how this whole disaster might get fixed but at least I'm putting the source of the issue out there for others to hopefully see.

Thanks, that explains alot... at least we can safely assume that, if the grim pointer points to a specific point, the blood chamber is about 100 blocks below the location the pointer points to...
if a mod could check if another mod is active (thorium checking for calamity) it would be easy to fix the grim pointer by just adjusting the y-coordinate... but for now it's sufficient to know where to look for the blood chamber :)

I'm curious, has there been any thought [or rejection thereof ^_^] to making additional Celestial Pillars? Having new pillars would actually be very interesting, since there's at least two new sets of fragments. I'd love to see what kinds of monsters would spawn at the bard and healer pillars, too.

I'm curious, has there been any thought [or rejection thereof ^_^] to making additional Celestial Pillars? Having new pillars would actually be very interesting, since there's at least two new sets of fragments. I'd love to see what kinds of monsters would spawn at the bard and healer pillars, too.

Since Thorium is considered to be completed I don't think anything that big is likely to be added.

Ah well, was worth a shot. I still think it'd be a beautiful addition to the mod, but I'm sure everybody and their grandmother's got suggestions. Still, a guy can dream ;)

Ah well, was worth a shot. I still think it'd be a beautiful addition to the mod, but I'm sure everybody and their grandmother's got suggestions. Still, a guy can dream ;)
As interesting an idea as it might be to add Celestial Pillars to a mod, I doubt any mod developer is going to seriously consider it. Tremor has tried it, but the results... well... left a lot to be desired, from what I understand from reading comments by people who've played Tremor. (Then again, Tremor had a lot of problems to begin with, so maybe it's not the best example...)

The biggest obstacle to adding Celestial Pillars to a mod is the logistics. The vanilla pillars are typically spread pretty evenly throughout the world, so you'd be hard pressed to squeeze in a fifth pillar (or, heaven forbid, a sixth pillar) without seriously complicating the code behind the Lunar Events. Just for starters, the most likely spot for a fifth pillar to spawn with minimal disruption to the spawn points of the other pillars would be right above world spawn, where most players put their bases.

So it's a nice idea, but getting it to work properly would likely be horrendously infeasible.

... sometimes I forget people play on Small worlds. For a moment I was very confused about the idea of the pillars being too close to one another, but I haven't played on anything but a Large world in years ^_^;;;;;

I'm curious what went wrong with Tremor's pillar, but I didn't much care for Tremor the one time I tried it, so *shrugs* Oh well.

I appear to be experiencing a Bug where the mod specific Biome Keys aren't dropping. Dunno if its a mod conflict or if the latest update broke key drops. after some testing the mods that could be causing the conflict are Calamity or one of Fargo's mods.

Last edited:
I appear to be experiencing a Bug where the mod specific Biome Keys aren't dropping. Dunno if its a mod conflict or if the latest update broke key drops. after some testing the mods that could be causing the conflict are Calamity or one of Fargo's mods.

I'm having the same problem. I've been farming for them the lava/desert key and still haven't found one.

I'm having the same problem. I've been farming for them the lava/desert key and still haven't found one.
After a bit of experimenting, using multiple mods and different ammounts of spawn rate boosting it seems to be that one of the latest updates broke the drop rate for the keys. only mods i had on this time were thorium and Cheat sheet. last time it was Fargo mutant, Fargo souls, and Calamity, with and without music.

After a bit of experimenting, using multiple mods and different ammounts of spawn rate boosting it seems to be that one of the latest updates broke the drop rate for the keys. only mods i had on this time were thorium and Cheat sheet. last time it was Fargo mutant, Fargo souls, and Calamity, with and without music.

Rip. o7 Thank you for your service now I guess I would need to sacrifice items and spawn it in. I really don't like cheating ._.

Back
Top Bottom