• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Woogie

Skeletron Prime
I realized today, after obtaining my first dungeon chest key from this mod, that I'd opened all the chests before even getting the keys.
(Like back before beating the Wall of Flesh)
Perhaps Calamity somehow messed with it?

Edit : Even on a new world those chests open without a key.

Last edited:

Exodus Starlit

Dungeon Spirit
Does Thorium affect the drop rate of the Money Trough? I've gone through like 6 Blood Moons and not seen it drop yet.
Thorium mod don't change vanilla code, by that I mean that they don't change drop rate and stats of items to benefit other item from this mod.

It seems to you it is lowed but it isn't, Thorium mod add more Blood Moon enemies. Money Trough drops only from two enemies.

xanderhunter

Terrarian
Well finally got the Money Trough, but now I have noticed a distinct lack of the Tavernkeep showing up in my world, gonna have to double check but I was pretty sure I killed Brain of Cthulu.

Edit: Turns out I might have died to BoC because I killed it and found him in like 15 minutes.

Last edited:
It says the Obsidian Scale will set nearby enemies on fire... it does in fact do this but it also kills critters.. which if you aren't quick enough could kill a Truffle Worm or Golden Animal.. is this going to be fixed? or no?

Last edited:

TOMKA

Terrarian
Never posted this on this thread, but I like your mod very much. Sprites are brilliant, items are interesting to use (especially transformation items), bosses and enemies are fun to fight, and everything is balanced! I have some questions: is it possible to make other mod's throwing items compatitible with this amazing mod (I mean other mod's unlimited throwing will cause exhaustion, other mod's throwing will work with technics, and will have "throwing class" title above their stats, when Thorium is enabled)? And could you put "throwing class" title above vanilla's throwing items? That would be appreciated a lot, because ii is strange, that one mod's items have it.

Wolfenheim

Terrarian
Hey, i need some help. I used thorium before but it was when tModloader was the version before this latest one. I just got back to playing terraria again and installed some mods, the bigger ones are calamity, and spirit mod alongside thorium (which I just recently installed because i needed the blacksmith). Now the problem is, i cant attack or use any tool or weapon at all. So i disabled it and i could attack again, tried enabling it back and still the same problem. Anyone have any solutions for this, because i would really like to enjoy thorium again aswell

EDIT: NVM found a fix :)

Last edited:
Hey, i need some help. I used thorium before but it was when tModloader was the version before this latest one. I just got back to playing terraria again and installed some mods, the bigger ones are calamity, and spirit mod alongside thorium (which I just recently installed because i needed the blacksmith). Now the problem is, i cant attack or use any tool or weapon at all. So i disabled it and i could attack again, tried enabling it back and still the same problem. Anyone have any solutions for this, because i would really like to enjoy thorium again aswell

EDIT: NVM found a fix :)
What is the fix? I just got this problem too, I'm running Thorium, Overhaul, Portable Storage with it's dependecies, Boss Checklist, & Leveled Mod. I've tested and it's Thorium that is having issues

Guzzlord

Official Terrarian
I've played with this mod and it's really good, however I think I've stumbled upon a bug. You see, the Desert Biome Chest in the dungeon is somehow able to be opened Pre Hardmode without Plantera defeated and well without a Desert Key. Is this supposed to be intentional?

Quackinton

The Destroyer
So, I’ve been playing the Thorium and Calamity mod and honestly, they’re both the one of the best experiences I’ve had in the game, besides breathing vanilla in expert mode. It’s so fun to discover what the mods have to offer, and it’s a fresh start from the standard game! Now, I need a little help on the Thorium mod. I’m playing the Bard class, and you know the meter thing above your character’s head when you use most Bard-class weapons? I’m wondering how to increase that, if you can.

JimboTex

Spazmatism
So, I’ve been playing the Thorium and Calamity mod and honestly, they’re both the one of the best experiences I’ve had in the game, besides breathing vanilla in expert mode. It’s so fun to discover what the mods have to offer, and it’s a fresh start from the standard game! Now, I need a little help on the Thorium mod. I’m playing the Bard class, and you know the meter thing above your character’s head when you use most Bard-class weapons? I’m wondering how to increase that, if you can.
That meter is called "Inspiration," and yes, you can upgrade it throughout your playthrough. You start out with eight points. In pre-Hardmode, that cap can be extended up to a total of 20 points by crafting and using Inspiration Fragments, which are made with 5 Arcane Dust and 4 Thorium Bars per Fragment at a Demon/Crimson Altar. Each Inspiration Fragment boosts your max Inspiration by two, so you'll need a total of six Inspiration Fragments to reach the pre-Hardmode maximum.

Once you get to Hardmode, you can craft Revelation Shards, which increases your max Inspiration by one point each, up to a maximum of 30 points (so you'll need ten of those). According to the Thorium Wiki, Revelation Shards are also made at a Demon/Crimson Altar (which confused me a bit just now, as I'm pretty sure I was able to make them at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil on my last Bard playthrough). Anyway, you need 3 Bright Soul Dust (made from Souls of Light), 3 Dark Soul Dust (made from Souls of Night), and 2 Thorium Bars per Revelation Shard.

The final upgrade to your Inspiration pool comes post-Plantera, and is called the Epiphany Crystal. Like its predecessors, it's made at a Demon/Crimson Altar, and you need ten of them to bring you up to the final maximum Inspiration cap of 40 points. The crafting recipe calls for 5 Solar Pebbles (drops from Jungle Temple mobs) and 2 Thorium Bars per Epiphany Crystal.

Hope this helps! :merchantgrin:

Quackinton

The Destroyer
That meter is called "Inspiration," and yes, you can upgrade it throughout your playthrough. You start out with eight points. In pre-Hardmode, that cap can be extended up to a total of 20 points by crafting and using Inspiration Fragments, which are made with 5 Arcane Dust and 4 Thorium Bars per Fragment at a Demon/Crimson Altar. Each Inspiration Fragment boosts your max Inspiration by two, so you'll need a total of six Inspiration Fragments to reach the pre-Hardmode maximum.

Once you get to Hardmode, you can craft Revelation Shards, which increases your max Inspiration by one point each, up to a maximum of 30 points (so you'll need ten of those). According to the Thorium Wiki, Revelation Shards are also made at a Demon/Crimson Altar (which confused me a bit just now, as I'm pretty sure I was able to make them at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil on my last Bard playthrough). Anyway, you need 3 Bright Soul Dust (made from Souls of Light), 3 Dark Soul Dust (made from Souls of Night), and 2 Thorium Bars per Revelation Shard.

The final upgrade to your Inspiration pool comes post-Plantera, and is called the Epiphany Crystal. Like its predecessors, it's made at a Demon/Crimson Altar, and you need ten of them to bring you up to the final maximum Inspiration cap of 40 points. The crafting recipe calls for 5 Solar Pebbles (drops from Jungle Temple mobs) and 2 Thorium Bars per Epiphany Crystal.

Hope this helps! :merchantgrin:
Thanks so much! I’ll use your advice!

JimboTex

Spazmatism
BTW, if anyone is interested in the amount of materials that go into upgrading your Inspiration all the way from game start to absolute maximum Inspiration, here's the breakdown (because I'm a nerd like that :merchantgrin: ):

• 15 Iron/Lead Ore (to make enough bars for the Iron/Lead Anvil that goes into making the Thorium Anvil)
  • 6 Fallen Stars (for the 30 Arcane Dust you need to make the 6 Inspiration Fragments to max out your pre-Hardmode Inspiration)
  • 266 Thorium Ore
    • 10 for the Thorium Anvil in order to make Thorium Bars
    • 96 to make enough Thorium Bars to max out your pre-Hardmode Inspiration (remember, it's 4 Thorium Ore per Thorium Bar)
    • 80 to make enough Thorium Bars to max out your early Hardmode Inspiration
    • 80 to make enough Thorium Bars for the final boost to your Inspiration pool
  • 8 Souls of Light to make the 30 Bright Soul Dust you need to max out your early Hardmode Inspiration (you'll have 2 Bright Soul Dust left over for your other crafting needs, because each Soul of Light makes 4 Bright Soul Dust)
  • 8 Souls of Night to make the 30 Dark Soul Dust you need to max out your early Hardmode Inspiration (and again, you'll have 2 Dark Soul Dust left over due to the Soul of Night => Dark Soul Dust conversion rate being equivalent to that of Souls of Light => Bright Soul Dust)
  • 50 Solar Pebbles for the final boost to your Inspiration pool
Hope this was more enlightening than boring! :merchantgrin:

Medic68

Terrarian
Help. Sorry if this isn't the proper forum; point me and I'll go. But I'm getting a BAD HEADER LED TO A READ BUFFER OVERFLOW error connecting to a world on the same LAN, different machine. We can connect with no mods enabled, all the other mods we use enabled but with either just Thorium or all mods including Thorium I get this error. I really love this mod and have used it in the past (different computers) to hours of glee and want

Top Bottom