tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Hey guys, i have a great idea, please realize HOUSE bomb like DIRT bomb but... I think it's simple thing, always build up a house sometimes boring, but with that bomb you can quickly build a house, also create different presets of these house bomb, just recode dirt bomb like increase explode range, change spawn dirt block to background wall/bench/etc. I hope someone will make this
There's a mod called start with base that basically builds you one of these at the start thats customized in various configurations/blocks.

Last edited:
Well, as Airarret explained right above, it's true!
We've finally ported the mod to 1.4! :lslime:
Make sure you're on the Stable version of 1.4. It won't work on the preview version. We'll update the wiki just as soon as we can, please be patient regarding that as well! Apologies for largely phasing out our announcements and news on TCF, but discord and twitter don't take as much effort to upkeep, so we've mostly stuck to there for updates and the like.

Find the steam workshop page here
Steam Workshop::Thorium Mod

Find the full changelog and wiki here
https://thoriummod.wiki.gg/wiki/1.7.0.0

I've downloaded the mod with the 1.4 update but it says that Tmodloader has updated past thorium's version... is there a way i can fix this or do i just need to wait for a patch?

It's really cool that you've finally ported this mod over to 1.4, but when I'm looking at the changelogs, there's some things I don't get, or understand the reasons behind.

First off, what's the motivation behind removing the Terra Staff and Terra Bow, along with their components (and the Blood Thirster)? I thought it was cool seeing the mod have equivalents of the Terra Blade for the other classes (as well as a proper Crimson counterpart to the Night's Edge, even if Calamity has its own), and it's sad to see them go. And if you removed the Terra Staff and Bow, then why does the mod still have the Terra Knife and Scythe (as well as their components, including the Embowlment and Blood Harvest)? (If the Terra Bow and Staff and the Blood Thirster were removed because Calamity has analogues, I don't really get the logic there, because I always thought the Thorium mod was supposed to be a standalone thing that didn't rely on other mods to be enjoyed.)

Second, why was the Gnome Horde removed? I liked how it gave a bit more variety to the surface Hallow biome, which I always thought kinda felt empty in vanilla. Was it removed because of how the vanilla game has its own gnome enemy now? Are you planning more surface Hallow enemies in the future?

Finally, what's the "full overhaul process" that's mentioned in the wiki's changelog for 1.7.0.0? How much of the mod are you planning to change with that?

Otherwise, this mod is still really cool, and I'll be sure to play it when I get into Terraria mods for real.

(As an extra request that's not related to the 1.4 port, can you please change the capitalization of the Zunpet to "ZUNpet"? The creator of the Touhou Project always capitalizes his pen-name as ZUN, and as a big Touhou stan, I'd like to see that proper capitalization get reflected in this mod's Touhou reference.)

Last edited:
For some reason there seems to spawn no onyx in my worlds and IDK why. I cant even find it with my Cheat Sheet Mod.

I use the Steam version for PC. I have Terraria 1.4.4.9 installed but I use tModLoader 2022.9.47.30 which downgrades Terraria to 1.4.3.6. As for the Thorium Mod I have 1.7.0.1 so everything seems to be as up to date as possible.

Can someone help?

For some reason there seems to spawn no onyx in my worlds and IDK why. I cant even find it with my Cheat Sheet Mod.

I use the Steam version for PC. I have Terraria 1.4.4.9 installed but I use tModLoader 2022.9.47.30 which downgrades Terraria to 1.4.3.6. As for the Thorium Mod I have 1.7.0.1 so everything seems to be as up to date as possible.

Can someone help?

I believe onyx was removed, unfortunately.

Do you have any plans on adding Opal and Aquamarine gemcorn trees? And perhaps add Marine Kelp to the Herb Bag loot table, if possible? I know it might be a bit picky and not worth developers time, but I think details like that is what really makes this mod vanilla+

Screenshot 2023-05-08 155922.png

do you sill have the old Tapi version of the mod i would like to replay it for nostalgia because that version was the first mod i ever played and i cant find it anymore

Best mod ever for multiplayer ngl
fr it's so good with friends. Especially when you have bigger groups and having more than 4 classes allows for more variety. I view Calamity as being kind of like a "sequel DLC" to the base game and Thorium as being an "expansion DLC" in how they interact with the base game's content.

I wonder if the Thorium devs are gonna come here from Twitter since there's more activity on here now. Would be kind of awesome to see. Thorium's definitely one of my favourite mods and I've been waiting until they open donator items back up again to donate to them.

Back
Top Bottom