tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Its gonna be tough to beat any mech boss if you're only doing summon damage. The beholder minion is pretty good for the destroyer because of its attacks high penetration, but the others might be a problem. I haven't done many summoner playthroughs to be honest. However, your plight gives me an idea to make the mech bosses a little less hard if your doing a summoner playthrough...
Eh, the biggest thing when it comes to early Hardmode summon is the two easily-available minions you have are either Spiders (who are great on backdrop but suck against air) and Pirates (slightly better damage but pure melee and can't really do much against air). The Beholders I'm guessing are similar to Imps and Hornets with the ranged projectile stick, so in general those tend to work better than ground-stuck ones sans a few bits.

Funny part is, usually once I beat The Twins and get an Optic Staff I'm pretty much set until Plantera and Golem, where I have to seek out either Deadly Spheres or Ravens, maybe the Xeno Staff if feeling especially risky. The biggest hurdle of course is just GETTING to that point because all the applicable minions prior are either early-game or landlocked to a degree.

Eh, the biggest thing when it comes to early Hardmode summon is the two easily-available minions you have are either Spiders (who are great on backdrop but suck against air) and Pirates (slightly better damage but pure melee and can't really do much against air). The Beholders I'm guessing are similar to Imps and Hornets with the ranged projectile stick, so in general those tend to work better than ground-stuck ones sans a few bits.

Funny part is, usually once I beat The Twins and get an Optic Staff I'm pretty much set until Plantera and Golem, where I have to seek out either Deadly Spheres or Ravens, maybe the Xeno Staff if feeling especially risky. The biggest hurdle of course is just GETTING to that point because all the applicable minions prior are either early-game or landlocked to a degree.
If you're looking for aid with mods might I suggest the Summoners association mod? It gives you two items that greatly buff minion damage on a target and a rod that teleports all minions to your cursor.

Also the pirates still -work- but if you really wanna beat these bosses you could always build a special arena somewhere. A large one with walls on the background so you can run around and fight the twins while letting your spiders tear them apart.

If you're looking for aid with mods might I suggest the Summoners association mod? It gives you two items that greatly buff minion damage on a target and a rod that teleports all minions to your cursor.

Also the pirates still -work- but if you really wanna beat these bosses you could always build a special arena somewhere. A large one with walls on the background so you can run around and fight the twins while letting your spiders tear them apart.
Already got it. The summon teleport staff is actually quite godly with Spiders as you can trigger the clinging effect on enemies pretty damn effectively with it. If only I could get the summoning card to craft proper but I digress.

Already got it. The summon teleport staff is actually quite godly with Spiders as you can trigger the clinging effect on enemies pretty damn effectively with it. If only I could get the summoning card to craft proper but I digress.
Is that bugged? I haven't used the mod in a while but I remember it worked fine when I did. Could always cheat one in?

So...i got full set terrarium armor, legendary terrarium sword, all solar weapons,all buff potions. Guess why i lost to the Moon Lord? LAG. The set bonus of the Terrarium armor is HORRIBLE. And no, it's not my computer. It runs vanilla Terraria with 60 FPS with a lot going on (including fighting the Moon Lord)

So...i got full set terrarium armor, legendary terrarium sword, all solar weapons,all buff potions. Guess why i lost to the Moon Lord? LAG. The set bonus of the Terrarium armor is HORRIBLE. And no, it's not my computer. It runs vanilla Terraria with 60 FPS with a lot going on (including fighting the Moon Lord)
Haven't tested on my PC yet, but my vanilla runs with 60FPS too, even when fighting moonlord. If you're expiriencing heavy LAG, I recommend trying to lower the resolution a bit and going windowed - on my laptop, it only runs with 45-60FPS that way. My PC can comperhend both Fullscreen, lotsa stuff goin' on the screen and all that being in multiplayer, in vanilla.

That's strange... it's working now :\ But there is another (possible) bug, the boss doesn't flee when you die.
I think he actually does but unlike the other bosses he doesn't fly off at super speeds so by the time he works himself up to leave you've respawned and thus reengaged him.

I mean, with the lifebloom armor you can just run around and never die unless against something like moonlord. But i think increasing the minion damage of the lifebloom armor would at least benefit it somewhat. Cause now you dont have many minions and you dont havve much damage.

I'm a procrastinator and I haven't played the Thorium mod yet. Does anyone have tips for getting started mod-wise?
Most of the time, early-game isn't too different. Early-mode gameplay mostly is changed with the Ocean and Granite stuff which makes certain tasks easier, like working in Hell. Plus the two new mini-bosses.

Last edited:
So I was watching some youtube just now when I suddenly had a few thoughts regarding summoners.

People always want to rely on their summons for damage right? But then that doesn't do much for the player themselves aside from dodge and stuff. So what if there was a series of weapons that increased summons damage...but did summon damage themselves? You know how like the enchanter's sword buffs its damage as well as other magic damage? What if there was a similar summoner based weapon? Or perhaps a unique summon that doesn't take up a slot per say but acts like the Berserker staff in that when you attack with it a summon pops out that does things. Debuffs the enemy or buffs the summons?

There could also be summon weapons that do directly summon attacks at a location. Like @Durrani19 suggested a staff that summoned swords around your cursor point. What if there was something similar for summoners in that you could click on an area and then something is summoned, does some kind of attack, and then vanishes? You know how in Final Fantasy you used to be able to summon things that would just pop up, do a thing, then leave? Something like that.

0276F5716DF59435B0FD0A18A0E6764E23355BCE

A lot of sprites have white areas around them, why is this happening?

Back
Top Bottom