tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Yeah, currently modded debuffs don't actually work in multiplayer. I'm still trying to find out why, but my questions have gone un-answered on the tModLoader thread. :sigh:

This is annoying me to no end as well. I've seen your posts and I've avoided posting about this issue because I figured someone would quote you and solve the problem.

But I guess not :(

@DivermanSam someone, some time ago, has mentioned that they couldn't find a single beehive and blamed your mod for causing the issue. I don't know how did that go unnoticed, but there's certainly something going on in your mod that tinkers with the world gen not the way it's supposed to. Take look at that:
modded.jpg
vanilla.jpg

You can immediately see that beehives aren't scattered around the jungle, but rather generated in one line in the upper parts of the jungle.

Also there are less mahogany trees spawned. The first image shows a jungle twice as big as the second one (even though you can't see it) and it has 7 or 8 trees. The jungle shown on the second picture has 17 trees. I've tested this multiple times and it is always the case. According to jopojelly's TerraCustom there should be a minimum of 12.

EDIT: And if that's of any help, the game has trouble to go through Generating Structures stage when creating a large world (I only play on those).

Last edited:
@DivermanSam someone, some time ago, has mentioned that they couldn't find a single beehive and blamed your mod for causing the issue. I don't know how did that go unnoticed, but there's certainly something going on in your mod that tinkers with the world gen not the way it's supposed to.
Trust me, I'm aware of that issue. I'm constantly going back to my code to find what in the world causes that problem, but nothing points to the actual issue. I promise, a fix for that is always on my mind, but until it shows itself, I cant do much... :sigh:

It wouldve been better if you had written the way you summon the bosses....
I do bud, just below each bosses pictures in the Current Content section, you can see the crafting recipe for the bosses summons...

Trust me, I'm aware of that issue. I'm constantly going back to my code to find what in the world causes that problem, but nothing points to the actual issue. I promise, a fix for that is always on my mind, but until it shows itself, I cant do much... :sigh:

No pressure, I didn't see any response from you regarding this issue, so I just wanted to point it out, but if you're aware of it, that's all fine. Maybe the issue is not with your mod but with tModLoader? What I would do is I'd make a simple test mod that generates something in the world (which shouldn't take long I believe) and see if the results are the same.

How do i get Harbinger Catalyst's?
Harbinger Catalyst - 2 Concentrated Thorium, 1 Arcane Dust, 1 soul of light, 3 pixie dust @ Soul Forge

No pressure, I didn't see any response from you regarding this issue, so I just wanted to point it out, but if you're aware of it, that's all fine. Maybe the issue is not with your mod but with tModLoader? What I would do is I'd make a simple test mod that generates something in the world (which shouldn't take long I believe) and see if the results are the same.
Not a bad idea... I'll go test that out.

Share the results if you can. I won't be able to help you, but I'd like to know nonetheless :)
Alright well, after loading several worlds with the mod active and with it not active, there is a noticeable trend in its generation. With the mod active, all worlds spawned beehives and mahogany trees but the beehives placements were either very high and close together in the world with the occasional couple spawning much deeper underground. The mahogany trees on the other hand did appear randomly and seemingly as they should. It should be noted that the previous issue of small worlds not having these structures seems to have resolved itself...

Its hard to say whether or not RNG has some part in this whole problem but I'm leaning towards the way Thorium, Smooth Coal and Life quartz are generated being the most likely reason. It leads me to believe that the zone where those ores would spawn seem to push the beehives away. Very strange...

And also most likely that's why generator gets stuck at Generating Structures very often.

One solution to this that I see is to make mod content generate afterwards, but I don't know whether it's possible to implement in the mod or would it require tModLoader changes.

And also most likely that's why generator gets stuck at Generating Structures very often.

One solution to this that I see is to make mod content generate afterwards, but I don't know whether it's possible to implement in the mod or would it require tModLoader changes.
Nah see, having it generate afterwards was an original problem for the ore spawning. Since it spawned after everthing else had, it could overwrite minecart tracks, cobwebs, chests, etc. I don't think there's a way to have the generation pick only dirt and stone for its placement, so that's a no go... :sigh:

Then how did you manage to make Valadium and Lodestone to generate properly? Maybe instead of making it generate with the world, make Thorium, Smooth Coal and Life Quartz generate just like these two, for example after killing EoC or something?

It's a pretty notable change, but that's something that slipped my mind just now, so I thought I'd suggest it anyway.

Whenever I try to make a world it gets stuck making the minecart tracks.

I think that goes for most people, for my part it's the same but if you wait a few minutes it should proceed. Takes a while but aslong you're not creating Large Worlds constantly it shouldn't be an issue.

So, when i download this mod by itself, and i make a large non expert world, it stays stuck on "generating structures...minecart tracks" once it gets up to that point, can anyone help me please? i have been wanting to play this mod :(
[doublepost=1468782363,1468782130][/doublepost]oh didnt see your post kohajashi
[doublepost=1468782686][/doublepost]omg thx so much kohajashi it finally works YAAAAY!

So, when i download this mod by itself, and i make a large non expert world, it stays stuck on "generating structures...minecart tracks" once it gets up to that point, can anyone help me please? i have been wanting to play this mod :(
[doublepost=1468782363,1468782130][/doublepost]oh didnt see your post kohajashi
[doublepost=1468782686][/doublepost]omg thx so much kohajashi it finally works YAAAAY!

No problem dude

Back
Top Bottom