tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I agree that it should still be fixed, if only for the sake of variety.

Al bosses pay out with roooouuughly the same monetary reward, if you sell their things, so having one boss like this offer so much more means that those seeking money will only fight Ragnarok instead of, say, checking Pumpkin Moon our again or saying hi to Duke Fishron.
Wait thats what people go to for money? Huh...I just farm the eye of cthulhu since you can just melt him in literal seconds. Depending on world (and if you stack your bars with another mod) you can make up to... 31 gold with 99 demonite bars, 39 gold with 99 crimtane, 999 would be 3 platinum 19 gold for Demonite and 4 platinum for Crimtane. Hell 9999 is 32 plat for Demonite bars and 40 plat for Crimtane. This is also not counting his drops and what gold you get from him when he dies.

Wait thats what people go to for money? Huh...I just farm the eye of cthulhu since you can just melt him in literal seconds. Depending on world (and if you stack your bars with another mod) you can make up to... 31 gold with 99 demonite bars, 39 gold with 99 crimtane, 999 would be 3 platinum 19 gold for Demonite and 4 platinum for Crimtane. Hell 9999 is 32 plat for Demonite bars and 40 plat for Crimtane. This is also not counting his drops and what gold you get from him when he dies.
Yeah, right. Now let's compare. I just farmed the Ragnarok for about 20 minutes and this is what i got:
http://puu.sh/q5pWG/0fa704307b.png

http://puu.sh/q5q0L/54d65419f0.png

Right, if we can farm a less efective way (crimtane, for instance) why not? You said that's a good way of farming, so WHY does we need to have such an OP way to get money? Please, look at this :red:.

You know what sucks? I can't host my world for my friend to play on with me through Steam... I hope tModloader will be able to allow me to host a world like that someday.

@Chime @Kami Alright fellas, let's not have another argument so soon after the last... Chime, Kami has a point that those weapons certainly sell for far too much, but I see where you're coming from in terms of the just about pointless nature of money at that point. Let's keep it chill, and allow people to have their own opinions, aight?
[doublepost=1468844335,1468844241][/doublepost]
You know what sucks? I can't host my world for my friend to play on with me through Steam... I hope tModloader will be able to allow me to host a world like that someday.
you should be able to host through steam, as I myself have been doing so with a friend. Make sure you have the latest tModLoader and make sure your firewalls aren't screwing you over!

@Chime @Kami Alright fellas, let's not have another argument so soon after the last... Chime, Kami has a point that those weapons certainly sell for far too much, but I see where you're coming from in terms of the just about pointless nature of money at that point. Let's keep it chill, and allow people to have their own opinions, aight?
[doublepost=1468844335,1468844241][/doublepost] you should be able to host through steam, as I myself have been doing so with a friend. Make sure you have the latest tModLoader and make sure your firewalls aren't screwing you over!
How do I check if my firewalls are doing that?

Sorry for double posting but I wanted to let you know that even though my firewall is off, the Steam overlay won't show up and the game instantly closes when I try to host a world.

Crap, I found out that one of the bugs for tModloader is that Mac/Linux can't host servers so that means I can't play with the mod with my friend... Crap...

@DivermanSam

Hopefully I don't sound impatient or anything, but I don't think anyone noticed my post a while back explaining that the Frostspark Boots should be used to craft the Firestorm boots, rather than the Lightning Boots. To me, it just doesn't make sense to have the penultimate running boots be crafted without the increased movement on ice. I know I probably sound nit-picky, but could this feature be added to the mod in the next update? Thanks!

@DivermanSam

Hopefully I don't sound impatient or anything, but I don't think anyone noticed my post a while back explaining that the Frostspark Boots should be used to craft the Firestorm boots, rather than the Lightning Boots. To me, it just doesn't make sense to have the penultimate running boots be crafted without the increased movement on ice. I know I probably sound nit-picky, but could this feature be added to the mod in the next update? Thanks!
I'm pretty sure I made that change already in the Star Scouter patch... Do me a favor and check in game (with that latest public version). Other wise, next update already has that implemented, so don't sweat it.

Well woops, guess I probably should've updated then! I thought it hadn't been implemented since no one really replied to my comment, and I never saw it in the changelog. Anyway, now that that's been taken care of, I just wanted to remark on how AWESOME this mod is! All the new additions are so professional looking, and the new bosses look incredible! Thanks for your contribution to the ALREADY huge terraria game!

@DivermanSam you said that Living Mahogany Trees generate properly, but I dare to not agree. I used TerraCustom and cranked up the generation of those and with your mod it makes no difference (7-8), while on vanilla it does indeed increase their amount in the jungle (~25). I know that an external tool isn't a reliable testing ground, but you may want to investigate that further nonetheless.

@DivermanSam you said that Living Mahogany Trees generate properly, but I dare to not agree. I used TerraCustom and cranked up the generation of those and with your mod it makes no difference (7-8), while on vanilla it does indeed increase their amount in the jungle (~25). I know that an external tool isn't a reliable testing ground, but you may want to investigate that further nonetheless.
I wonder if maybe the trees/beehives don't spawn properly because they're trying to avoid "unknown space" due to mod world generation on ores? Like they're trying to set them down someplace but that place was occupied by terrain ore from Thorium and thus moves it elsewhere that fits its normal spawn location. Might explain why beehives spawn further up because the ores don't spawn at that level.

I wonder if maybe the trees/beehives don't spawn properly because they're trying to avoid "unknown space" due to mod world generation on ores? Like they're trying to set them down someplace but that place was occupied by terrain ore from Thorium and thus moves it elsewhere that fits its normal spawn location. Might explain why beehives spawn further up because the ores don't spawn at that level.
That's my hypothesis as well... Don't misinterpret my words, folks. With the mod active, the jungle does in fact generate incorrectly. But I'm still trying to find a suitable way to fix the issue. I'm leaning towards making the killed Thunderbird unleash Smooth Coal, Thorium and Life Quartz upon the world, that way the initial world gen can do its thing, uninhibited. Magma ore doesnt seem to influence the jungle though, so it can stay. :p
[doublepost=1468930746,1468930438][/doublepost]
You'll have to forgive me, I do read just about every post that ends up on the thread, but sometimes act on suggestions without actually giving any feedback that I've done so. Its a bad habit of mine...

Back
Top Bottom