tModLoader The Thorium Mod

At least "Create new projectiles" has the chaotic element of the projectiles being different things from arrows, mines and bullets to confetti and random junk. Still, such a thing could much harder to implement with quality-- what with projectile spriting jobs getting in the way.

I was kinda hoping it was at least thematically sound i.e. "damage duplication" being Throwing class's main mechanic. Maybe I'm looking too much into this.

Speaking of themes... Here's what I see where some things are going and perhaps some suggestions along the way:

Melee boomberang is melee-throwing hybrid, therefore uses damage duplication mechanics.
Melee spears hit multiple times and has long reach, perhaps could use vilethorn's terrain-ignoring mechanics.
Melee flails could hang around and interact plenty with terrain, uses the extra projectiles mechanic. Mainly caltrops.

Ranged arrows; consistent yet ammunition is hard to get, YET easy to recycle. Main game focuses it on high damage and DPS not sure if trend would continue in this mod.
Ranged bullets; cheap and fast--or slow but high-damage. Focuses on being easy to use/idiot-proof.
Ranged rockets; slow all-round but crowd-controls. Focuses on homing, area-of-denial and flashy area-of-effects. Not for idiots.

Summon turrets; position and forget. While it provides area-of-denial, turrets usually only snipe. Enhance with explosions and on-kill effects?
Summon minions; forget and forget. Great proccing abilities due to high, sometimes buggy, rates of fire. Enhance with "Chance to ___ when hitting enemy"?

Magic; wacky all round. Weapons with a lot of utility and specific uses. Should focus on burst damage that otherwise sacrifices damage all-round and resources for indefinite amounts of pot-shots. Different variations of armor could enhance this, though main game seems to go with support features for late-mages.

Throwing is initially a hybrid of ranged and melee for early game. This mod enhances it plenty with damage duplications. Side features include backup measures i.e. escape "Shade Gate" or, Bronze armor's multi-class effect-

I wish Bronze armor's got effects for ranged (instead), considering its counterpart Granite focuses on melee and tanking. Or have Granite fixed for "siege" mode, trading mobility for great thrown/ranged damage. Also, considering Lodestone's in the middle of so many other melee armors (arguably). Lodestone and maybe Valadium too should have some Throwing love as well. LATE EDIT: Also sprinkle some Throw into that Geode, maybe?

Oh, and I feel like the Magic department lacks interesting accessories but I guess the weapon variety more than makes up for that.

This post is wordier than I expected... I use "maybe" way too much. Maybe I'm born with it.

Plenty of post-post EDITS. Do have a re-re-read.

Last edited:
WALL OF TEXT HAS AWOKEN!
Yeah, sounds good but you are kinda missing a secondary effect, debuffs. Debuffs can range from support to high damaging effects, support being things like freezing enemies or lowering their defense, high damaging effects like the Sage Staff's 100 damage per tick can chip off large chunks of HP at a time. The thematic effects for different weapons seems like it could fit into Thorium really well, and is already fitting into some other mods.
Sorry if this makes no sense, my brain is on strike.

EDIT: Summoners do need some love, I suggest spawning Terrarium Spirits for when an enigma kills something. Maybe some stationary effects like keeping the enemy in the beam with the distress caller? Could be really helpful for quick farming and crowd control when paired with other weaponry/traps.

Well. Debuffs are, as you mentioned: secondary, and are pretty much utilized by virtually everything in the game. I leave it up to weapon material themes to apply de debuffs, after considering class warfare of course.

EDIT: I can't say too much on Summoners because they feel too much like a passive class. The only thing I could propose is having point-and-click secondary infinite-use weapons as a new mechanic ala Bloodboil and their cousins. Or just convert them entirely. Theme being voodoo and animalistic tribalistic spiritualism or somesuch

EDIT: God, the attack of the late edits must be stopped. Soz. Soz Soz.

Last edited:
Hello. This great mod, works with Terraria 1.3.2.1?
Well. Debuffs are, as you mentioned: secondary, and are pretty much utilized by virtually everything in the game. I leave it up to weapon material themes to apply de debuffs, after considering class warfare of course.

EDIT: I can't say too much on Summoners because they feel too much like a passive class. The only thing I could propose is having point-and-click secondary infinite-use weapons as a new mechanic ala Bloodboil and their cousins. Or just convert them entirely. Theme being voodoo and animalistic tribalistic spiritualism or somesuch

EDIT: God, the attack of the late edits must be stopped. Soz. Soz Soz.

Well there are 2 magic like weapons for summoners to use in this mod currently. (it's a start)

Like you said, material themes are the best way to apply debuffs. In thorium each set generally has it's own special debuff or trait, Bronze items can stun non-boss enemies, Granite and Lodestone lower defense of enemies, Demon blood gear leeches life and deals extra damage on the 7th hit, Terrarium inflicts a powerful DoT. I'm probably just repeating myself, so I'm going to back out of the converstation JUST in case things get ugly. I really don't have a point to put across here, sorry.
SUPER LATE DUMB EDIT: This all started with me trying to get post 6k :p

Last edited:
This mod has progressed a lot since i last saw it! Keep up the good work @DivermanSam!
i49gUrR.png

Back
Top Bottom