tModLoader The Thorium Mod

huh, whats the in-game charachter's requirements? i have not seemed to get them and i have a 100 room house (don't ask why X-p) also wikis are not great for us youtubers, at least not when we only have one screen and a crappy PC that seems to use way too much memory whenever a web browser is open at the same time as a game. the NPC could be great if i can get them

huh, whats the in-game charachter's requirements? i have not seemed to get them and i have a 100 room house (don't ask why X-p) also wikis are not great for us youtubers, at least not when we only have one screen and a crappy PC that seems to use way too much memory whenever a web browser is open at the same time as a game. the NPC could be great if i can get them

It's the Guide. The guy that spawns next to you in a new world.

He can only tell you so much, though. A LOT of the mod's content can be revealed to you by showing him various items, but it can still be confusing to when you fight bosses or when rare mobs like Borean Strider show up.

oh i see, no, i was thinking more like a progression system, kind of like how the guides' tips Used to be, back when they would say one specific line until you did something, or a "journal/note" that would give a chat msg with the current tier's options... and maybe a way to get previous tier msgs back if that option was taken

so like the NPC could unlock more dialogue options as you progress, t1: tells you how to get modded starter weapons or gives you such weapons/tools (maybe pick a class style??) then you are tasked to find/kill/loot something which is used to get to the next tier, but there would be options for each class, even if item spawn in chests it could like have a treasure map for you to follow to get to the right chest or something. and in that sort of way it could slowly lead you through the mod AND add some story to whats going on (lore opportunities Yay!)

Could always use your phone or something other than the same pc to search the wiki as you play. o.o

and just in case you need the link: http://thoriummod.gamepedia.com/Thorium_Mod_Wiki

Alright fellas, due to a possible two week work trip, I gotta release this update a little earlier than I intened. That of course means a second update will be coming along, primarily to fix balance/bug/lame effect issues and finish the last of this updates content. With that said, take a look at part 1 of the depths updates change log if you want, its got quite a lot...

Things to note this update
- The Aquatic Depths is a bost EoW/BoC/QJ biome that requires the use of a nightmare or death bringer pickaxe to enter and is highly recommended that some sort of water breathing effect be active.
- The Granite Energy Storm is a post Skeletron boss.
- Healers now have access to radiant damage, a damage only they can deal since all healer armors now severely limit other damage sources.
- All Donator items have a "teal" rarity now
- Enjoy for now!

I'm implore you to give active feedback on the Aquatic Depths biome and report any qualms or problems you have with it, be it difficulty, loot, aesthetic, etc.

Attachments

• Change Log.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 473
When should we be expecting a release of part 2 of the update? You don't need to give an exact date, since I wouldn't think you would have a date yet, I just want to know a possible range.

Seeing an oddity with worldgen. In the ocean where the oceanic depths generate, there is a column of water above the the entrance to the aquatic depths. Naturally, this vanishes upon loading the world due to the "settling liquids" phase of loading.

This would otherwise go unnoticed (except maybe for flooding it could cause), but it is visible when you open a newly generated world in a world editor/viewer, in my case Terrafirma.

a9b89b9d3d1fa6ea6d4ae398eb68dd93.png

Seeing an oddity with worldgen. In the ocean where the oceanic depths generate, there is a column of water above the the entrance to the aquatic depths. Naturally, this vanishes upon loading the world due to the "settling liquids" phase of loading.
That's for... reasons. We know about it, but since players wont encounter it, it doesnt matter tooooo much.

my guess would be that it is there so that if you accidentally have it spawn in an area where the "ocean" is like 5 blocks of water it will fill the surrounding zone with the liquid, also likely the watery area is the area the boss considers "home", outside that being enraged area

Hey, enemies don't seem to spawn in multiplayer with the new update, even bosses won't appear.

Tested with and without Thorium mod, sadly it's Thorium for sure

EDIT: FIXED, thanks DivermanSam

Last edited:
A persona opinion is that you should add one post-Plantera but pre-Moon Lord boss to the game. I understand that the Lich is supposed to be in that range, but it is really closer to mech boss tier. Maybe you could buff the Lich instead of adding a new boss.

So how do you manage the aquatic depths without the pendant?(As in for normal mode players)

The pendant is expert only and seems to be the only item that makes you not take damage when in there.

So how do you manage the aquatic depths without the pendant?(As in for normal mode players)

The pendant is expert only and seems to be the only item that makes you not take damage when in there.

Either a butt-load of Gills Potions (126 Gallons of Gills to be exact) or the Ocean Armour set bonus (unless Sam changed the set bonus to something different >_>).

Back
Top Bottom