tModLoader The Thorium Mod

@DivermanSam is the dread launcher supposed to do this or is it supposed to fire standard rockets?
4233dee3f42e4054a22c7361f31241c1.png

It's not just them. Most dungeon mobs and a few others are also not fading out.
Yeah, wow. Now that I'm a bit further along I see a lot of the mod's monsters are like that. Funny, I don't remember this being a problem when I first played Thorium. But now the non-fading gore is making it tough to see drops.

Terraria - permanent gore.PNG

Attachments

• Terraria - permanent gore.PNG
    Terraria - permanent gore.PNG
    153.9 KB · Views: 183
Yeah, wow. Now that I'm a bit further along I see a lot of the mod's monsters are like that. Funny, I don't remember this being a problem when I first played Thorium. But now the non-fading gore is making it tough to see drops.

View attachment 151843
Yep, well aware of that issue. I assume it has something to do with tModLoader, as i haven't changed a thing about the gore.
[doublepost=1481866547,1481866394][/doublepost]
Mishap on my part, I'll be sure to fix that.

Looking at the Terrarium weapons I noticed that flails are conspicuously absent. I am wondering if the reason is due to redundancy with the Seven Seas Flail (Since it appears that some tiers miss out on certain stuff while those 1 tier higher or lower get it) or the Terrarian Hyperdisks and Sick Throw (due to the mechanical similarities Yoyos and Boomerang-type weapons have with Flails)?

Y'know, making the Jellyfish Diving Gear in a vanilla game always feels like a great early accomplishment, but in Thorium it's not just outdated but totally outclassed twice, usually long before I get the component drops, first by Ocean Armor and then by an expert item. Maybe the final progression, Arctic Diving Gear, could be tinkered with the expert item?

After an hour of jungle exploration I got 34 Petals Sam so maybe it is not that bad if you really want the set. You just have to stay a bit more in the jungle I guess...

I think Terrarium Defender should keep the "ice barrier" from Frozen Turtle Shell, because even a combination of flat def bonus and health regen is still much weaker than 25% damage reduction below 50% life.

Also, I noticed that the banners added by your mod can only be put on blocks, not on hammered platforms.

Last edited:
I dont know if they are suppose to but the Spear tips do not work with the ghastly glaive and I think it is a spear.

So I'm having a problem that I don't see anyone else having. I can't tell at what version it started happening because I can't be sure. Whenever I create and load a world with the Thorium Mod enabled, I get the error message: "Load failed! No backup found." This error message apparently appears when a save file has been corrupted, but I don't see how that could be happening.

Could someone please tell me what's going on and how I can fix it? I'm using the current version of tModLoader and Thorium. Thanks.
Make sure you're on tMod version 9.0.2, not just 9.0.0/9.0.1

I've got some crazy bug report for ya! Using the latest Tmod (v0.9.0.2), Thorium (1.2.13.4), Prefixes for Enemies (v1.2.0b), and Class Based RPG (v0.4.2.2) I have found a strange issue during multiplayer. I obtained a Danger Dual-shot bow from a regular slime, and later on a rare slime. Never used it before, thought it would fire two shots (which it did) and gave it a go. Well, every time I fire the bow I get a few items at random, always guaranteed a drill. Here's a picture of some stuff I got, Thorium exclusive items only.
http://i.imgtc.com/yLHGL9z.jpg
In seperate shots, I got Feather Foe and Danger Drill, Flight Hat and Danger Drill (2), Danger Shard and Danger Drill, Danger Greaves and Danger Drill, etc. It seems to be mainly flight and danger items.
Hopefully this is enough information to figure out the issue with the bow. The Bow dropping on rare enemies 100% seems like a Prefixes for Enemies issue since they aren't dropping tokens at the start of the game. I don't get why regular enemies occasionally drop randomly stacked Thorium items, though.

Edit- My friend and I may have just saw a slime drop the bow as well. We just noticed it where a pile of slime gel was, where slimes were being killed off.

Edit 2- A regular zombie just dropped a Steel Chestplate. Now I'm really curious as to what's going wrong here lol.

Edit 3- All regular ocean mobs dropped Shade Master's Treads. Anywhere from 1-4 in a stack. Can't reach the abyss so I can't confirm on those mobs.

Last edited:
I don't know if its this mod causing it or not but for some reason all modded summoner minions stray way too far from the player causing them to constantly get stuck around corners chasing enemies they can't reach and wont come back to the player until they are about 3 screen lengths away.

any insight on that would be greatly appreciated, but please enjoy your break.

Back
Top Bottom