tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I've noticed a couple of minor bugs since playing recently (my bad if these have been mentioned or you're aware of them). When in the water, the radiant scythes have a strange visual effect on the character sprite. I also noticed that the Energy Storm Bolter appears to be homing on friendly NPC's.
Yunno, after testing it, I know why that weird visual happens... Since terraria got a new water system, it'll ripple the water in the direction a projctile is going. Since the scythes are a group of projectiles each doing something at once, the water spazzes out. That said, I unfortunately, cant fix that without changing the way scythes work greatly.

Storm bolter should be fixable though.
Edit - Yeah, its fixed

Hey @DivermanSam there is a bug with all of my aquatic depths biomes.
Instead of finding one, all I find is a huge bottomless hole with random sticks of sand.
This happens even on newly generated worlds :( :(

@DivermanSam Hey Sam long time supporter here as you know, and barely am I picky with the stuff you put into your Mod becuase it is just awesome but here is just and idea I thought I posted while grinding in the marble biome.
GREEK MYTHOLOGY has so much potential!!! The enemies right now are just a meh. Gorgan head seems a bit of a filler and they are just not that exciting. Imagine a Hydra!!! Or the Can cerberus!!! Greek mythology could just make it the best modded biome ever :p
Also the Granite surger seems to use the same sound as the Mourning Wood. I remember when I first played the halloween event and heard the Mourning Wood's missiles I thought wow most intimidating sound in terraria. No enemy should share sounds with its mighty power :p
Cheers Sam :)

@DivermanSam Hey Sam long time supporter here as you know, and barely am I picky with the stuff you put into your Mod becuase it is just awesome but here is just and idea I thought I posted while grinding in the marble biome.
GREEK MYTHOLOGY has so much potential!!! The enemies right now are just a meh. Gorgan head seems a bit of a filler and they are just not that exciting. Imagine a Hydra!!! Or the Can cerberus!!! Greek mythology could just make it the best modded biome ever :p
Also the Granite surger seems to use the same sound as the Mourning Wood. I remember when I first played the halloween event and heard the Mourning Wood's missiles I thought wow most intimidating sound in terraria. No enemy should share sounds with its mighty power :p
Cheers Sam :)

That would be a very small hydra/cerberus

1 more minor bug. The Borean Strider's hitbox is affected by the Tide Hunter Armor ability. The hitbox rises above the Strider each time it's hit with the armor's ability, and displays ??? over your cursor while staying invisible otherwise. Idk if this can be fixed easily without reworking something, but at this point using pre-hardmode armor isn't really a good idea anyways.

Attachments

• Striderbug.png
    Striderbug.png
    570.8 KB · Views: 296
1 more minor bug. The Borean Strider's hitbox is affected by the Tide Hunter Armor ability. The hitbox rises above the Strider each time it's hit with the armor's ability, and displays ??? over your cursor while staying invisible otherwise. Idk if this can be fixed easily without reworking something, but at this point using pre-hardmode armor isn't really a good idea anyways.
Nah that's super easy to fix, thanks for the report! :happy:

so i recently found out that getting hit by the ghoul looking enemies in the blizzard is a immediate death wish...

they inflict the frozen debuff which means im unable to do anything (intentional i know) however the debuff lasts so long that they end up just refreshing it before it even wears off so im just stuck being frozen until i die, i dont suppose the debuff could be toned down a little so im not immediatly screwed if i get hit by them?

I'm not sure how, but I had a ??? (Leviathan spawner) appear in my water grinding spot, though the last monsters I had defeated at the time were King Slime and Eye of Cthulu, and I was only in Ocean gear still in pre-hardmode. Why yes, it did one-shot me upon spawning. X3

I'm not sure how, but I had a ??? (Leviathan spawner) appear in my water grinding spot, though the last monsters I had defeated at the time were King Slime and Eye of Cthulu, and I was only in Ocean gear still in pre-hardmode. Why yes, it did one-shot me upon spawning. X3
thats part of the calamity mod, not thorium, ans to answer your question, it is intentional that it can spawn very early on as a "challenge" (though pre-hardmode is a bit much considering its supposed to be post-plantera difficulty).

so i recently found out that getting hit by the ghoul looking enemies in the blizzard is a immediate death wish...

they inflict the frozen debuff which means im unable to do anything (intentional i know) however the debuff lasts so long that they end up just refreshing it before it even wears off so im just stuck being frozen until i die, i dont suppose the debuff could be toned down a little so im not immediatly screwed if i get hit by them?
If you're in expert mode, most debuffs are extended quite a bit. (unless they are coded not to be)

There are just some changes I would like to see in the thorium mod but they aren't new items. However instead they're more or less changes and balancing the gaps between counterparts of certain things such as the valadium and lodestone weapons and the demonblood gear and dread gear. The issue with the lodestone/valadium weapons massive gap in power is honestly just like the gap in power between ichor/cursed flames where one is solid and relatively while the other is just incredibly underwhelming in comparison. I'll use these 2 weapons as an example:the lodestone quick draw and the valadium foe blaster. Looking at the stats of them not only does the lodestone quick draw possess a much better debuff(not that light's curse is a particularly bad debuff it's pretty good and if I'm not mistaken it deals much higher damage then cursed inferno with far less mobs being immune to it) it's debuff also lasts 2 seconds longer. Another thing is that the lodestone quick draw also has is a higher base damage by 4 and a slightly faster use time by 2 on top of having a much better debuff that is much better making the valadium foe blaster obsolete. The demon blood weapons are also another example of this but to a much less extent then the valadium and lodestone weapons.However instead in this example I'll be using the demon blood spear and the dread fork and the dread razor and demon blood sword as examples instead. Now not only is the demon blood spear able to heal you for 15% of the damage you deal and deal x2 damage on the 5th strike like the other demon blood weapons also have significantly better stats as well. The dread fork only deals 50 damage and has a use time of 28 vs the demon blood spear's 78 damage and a use time of 22. Just looking at that comparison the dread fork is pretty underpowered especially for the point in the game it's gotten in(Post Plantera). The comparison between the dread fork and demon blood sword is also insanely noticable. The Demon Blood sword deals 24 higher damage but is slower by 4 use time. However it's the fact that the demon blood sword always launches it's projectile instead of having a chance to and having autoswing which make the faster use time of the dread razor not that relevant. Here are the suggestions I would have to make the gaps between the alternatives not ridiculously skewed in one's favor:

Light's curse now deals 7 ticks of damage instead of 4 per tick.

The dread fork has a much higher damage and a significantly faster(50 damage 28 use time to 70 damage and 19 use time).

Valadium foe blaster now has increased damage(from 34 to 40).

The dread razor now always launches it's projectile autoswings, and has a slightly faster use time(use time from 18 to 15).

Sorry if it sounded like rambling but I kinda was really noticing how massive the gaps between the alternatives actually were and kinda wanted to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom