tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I tested further the problem, i made new world, got it on hardmode, tried out the keys , but they wouldnt work. I also created new character for testing.
What could affect the mechanism?
Any advice? Am i missing some circumstances that needs to be fulfilled? (chest is empty, hard mode on)
Did you make sure there was only one key inside the chest when you closed it?

After some testing, I found that the key of fire indeed did not work. Was a simple fix however. What confuses me is that you say none of the mimics work? Cause my mycelium and submerged mimics spawned just fine, only the hell bringer mimic was an issue on my end...
I'm baffled by your issue... I just created a world went over the the depths with Thorium and tMod 9.1 installed, checked the loot, saw the loot, then scrolled over it on the map and no issue was had. Maybe you would benefit from a fresh install?

I've gone back to using the mods I had when first I encountered the mimic issue, since it had no effect removing them. Was able to encounter mycelium and submerged mimics in their appropriate biomes but haven't tested the keys (been busy gearing up for the moon lord).

After killing those 2 types a few times, I spent about an hour farming in the underworld in hopes of finding a Hell-Bringer mimic in the same fashion as the others with no luck. Numerous pot mimics and vanilla variants, but not one Hell.

I downloaded this mod a few days ago, but I've not really had a lot of time to play Terraria with other things taking up my time.

Today, I finally got past the EoC and the EoW and am now actually able to start exploring what this mod has to offer, and I'd really have to say that this mod is awesome, lol.

I finally was able to farm up enough Corals to make the first set of ocean armor and started to explore the biome, and it is very well done! Probably one of the only mods I know of that adds a fully fleshed out biome with its own music and everything, it's awesome!

It is also nice to see magic and ranged weapons I actually like (Conch Shell, Yew Bow, Grave Burster...) and for the first time in quite awhile, I find myself actually using a number of different weapons instead of just whipping out an Amazon for 90% of Easymode, lol.

I love all the equipment choices, the weapon diversity, sooooo many accessories to choose from that are actually good early-game, the Holiday Spawners are an awesome idea as well, if I ever wanted a holiday, now I don't have to change my system clock anymore.

Great work on the mod, really like what you guys did here. I think even Re-Logic should take note of some of the cool stuff added in this mod, there are some really nice ideas presented here.

Looking forward to further exploring the ocean depths and getting some more of the gear it has to offer, what I've seen so far is awesome!

EDIT: Gah, I forgot the suggestion I was gonna make!

It's half a question, half a suggestion, but is there any weapons that go through walls other than the Vilethorn/Grave Buster in Easymode? I find that the Octopus enemies are able to absolutely stop your progress in the ocean depths, because their arms stretch through walls but you can't hit their body if they're behind a wall. You need either a cobalt shield, or something like a Vilethorn or Grave Buster (which can't be aimed) otherwise you find yourself unable to progress.

Or, perhaps that's intended lol. Don't know.

Last edited:
Loving the mod! It's really well done, and a great impression for the first time I'm playing modded terraria :)

Quick question: Our multiplayer world fails to generate fallen stars, and the only information I've found about it using google said it may be related to your mod? I'm not exactly sure how to fix it.

Loving the mod! It's really well done, and a great impression for the first time I'm playing modded terraria :)

Quick question: Our multiplayer world fails to generate fallen stars, and the only information I've found about it using google said it may be related to your mod? I'm not exactly sure how to fix it.
yea, multiplayer with mods is not exactly... reliable, though diver has fixed an awful lot of bugs that are around, and if that fallen star bug is to do with this mod then diver could probably find out what the problem is.

It's half a question, half a suggestion, but is there any weapons that go through walls other than the Vilethorn/Grave Buster in Easymode?
The Whirlpool Saber and Bloodboil come to mind immediately, and there may be others too. If you don't have a bloodboil, you need one as soon as you can get it!

Hello, I need some help. First off, I would like to say that this mod is amazing, and always will be. Keep up the great work. Anyway, I've been having an issue with thorium ores not generating, not even the aquatic biome. Most of the time these ores and the biome don't generate, and sometimes they do, but when they do, in the middle of a playthrough, they disappear randomly. I've been getting desperate, so I literally made a new account just to ask this question. The mods I have installed are: Thorium (obviously) v1.2.13.6
Cheat Sheet v0.2.5.10, imkSushi v3.0.3, Infinity - Endless Items v11.1, Wing Slot v1.2.4, MaxStacksPlus v3.1, Shorter Respawn Time v0.2.3.1, Fargos Mutant Mod v0.8.10, and Potion Merchant v0.0.5. Thank you, any help is appreciated.

EDIT:

I also have tried everything in the book. Reinstalled tmodloader, terraria, even going as far as deleting terraria in my documents folder, as I have everything in the Cloud. So, yes, I have reinstalled thorium to no avail. Also, I never recall having launched up the world without thorium enabled, as I have read a post about that causing issues. One more thing, does TEdit cause issues just simply being on your system?

(as you can tell, im a little desperate)

UPDATE:

Holy crap, I might've figured it out. Hey @DivermanSam, does the Cloud cause issues?

Last edited:
Oh absolutely, you need to be careful about cloud saves. It overwrites and removes all modded blocks! If you haven't already, I would disable that feature. :eek:
thats what cloud save does to you?!?! mines never done that, though its damn near run my game into the ground to where my game would rarely get past 10 fps if a single particle spawned on the screen...

Back
Top Bottom