tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Hi. First of all I want to say thank you DivermanSam for making this amazing mod. I'd like to make a small bug report. I was on my world and ready to take down the Great Thunderbird. I did so, and since I had 2 flares I spawned a second one to not waste potions, but the second one spawned around where my original spawn in the world is, and it was flying away from me, to the left. I had to catch up with it and make it follow me to my arena on the desert

So it looks like the Granite Energy Storm got some new abilities...but these conduits don't seem to be doing anything to me, other than eating up my framerate. I can pass through the lines they create just fine. Am I missing something?

So it looks like the Granite Energy Storm got some new abilities...but these conduits don't seem to be doing anything to me, other than eating up my framerate. I can pass through the lines they create just fine. Am I missing something?

They apply the granite surge debuff. And I gotta agree they absolutely murder the framerate without some kind of spawn cap.

Oh yes. Because of that fps drop, it was a pretty difficult boss for me :D
Also, I've just found a funny bug with prefixes. I have the Deadly Adamantite Carbine (deadly = +dmg;+speed). Once I join the game, there is a +11% dmg and +8% speed note on it, but after I USE it, the speed prefix... goes off. Vanishes. And only +11% dmg stays.
On world reload it resets, and it again disappears when I use it.
Seems like it also happens with magic weapons. (I checked the Wind Gust.)

Last edited:
Oh yes. Because of that fps drop, it was a pretty difficult boss for me :D
Also, I've just found a funny bug with prefixes. I have the Deadly Adamantite Carbine (deadly = +dmg;+speed). Once I join the game, there is a +11% dmg and +8% speed note on it, but after I USE it, the speed prefix... goes off. Vanishes. And only +11% dmg stays.
On world reload it resets, and it again disappears when I use it.
Seems it like it also happens with magic weapons. (I checked the Wind Gust.)

Yep, I've seen this bug as well. It affects every single ranged and magic weapon in the game.

The Bio-Pod isn't auto summoning the Metroid when it's in my pet slot for whatever reason. Edit: Is the Metroid even a normal pet? It seems to either get lost or despawn after a bit, and I noticed there's no buff for it once it's spawned.
Also, I was playing on 1.3.1.5 with a friend who was using Champion and Dragon Wings with a Unicorn Mount and he said he was taking fall damage.

Last edited:
The Unicorn mount doesn't negate fall damage, but reduces it by 80%, if what you mean is that your friend is taking way more fall damage than they should then that's a bug.

You know, I've been having a lot of fun with this, however the bosses seem a bit off.

They're not very terraria-y.

For example the queen jellyfish is very easy when you first summon it, very easy to take very little damage until it's about half dead. Then you get swarmed. The bosses I've seen so far are very spammy, unlike the other terraria bosses which are much more organised and have more patterns.
Let's go back to the jelly example.
Once it's about half dead, it spawns way too many jellies. But that's not the main problem here, that's how all the jellyfish deals 1 damage to a person in shadow and some decent defence. And this is on expert. If there was like a cycle, kinda like queen bee it would be much better, the tentacle thing for expert seems tacked on too, it could just be part of it's cycle.

I also saw this on the grand thunder(foot) bird. The tornadoes come out too fast, they could be like a tile taller, deal slightly more damage and come out less slower. Also it needs a different texture, looks too similar than the hatchlings and the vultures.

@up:
These are, to my knowledge, two oldest Thorium bosses, and at the same time, they are most casual, boring-like. But this is only at the beginning. Afterwards, bosses start to get a lot more original, action-packed and simply more fun. Take a look at Granite and Marble bosses, and Hardmode ones. Those are much more fun and simply better in my opinion.

Is there a way to disable Penguin Heads from dropping? I've built a base at the snow biome and i have a large, flat surface next to it. Tons of penguins keep spawning and dying immediately to mobs, and then they just keep filling my inventory every second.

For someone who has played through the mod, I'm playing through as a thrower, really enjoying it, but I noticed there's no Luminite throwing armor, it goes straight from hardmode dungeon (Shade Master) armor to post-Ragnarök (Tide Turner) armor. I've been using the Spark Taser and Hot Pot, both of which do very well in terms of DPS output, but I'm getting ready to fight The Ragnarök and am wondering if I'm going to be able to pull it off with what I've got. Granted, I haven't tried yet, and I am playing with a friend who's playing as a healer, but I was just curious what someone else used for fighting The Ragnarök while playing a thrower.

I'm getting ready to fight The Ragnarök and am wondering if I'm going to be able to pull it off with what I've got.

...nope, not here. Maybe I left it at- oh, hi. I'd loan you my nuclear-tipped paper airplanes, but the paper clips fell off and the warheads fell in the couch. THEN my favorite aunt sat down to binge-watch Baywatch, so... yeah. But I wouldn't try it without a nuke, or stashing all your money somewhere safe. But preferably the nuke.

In other news I am in the market for a new couch. And house. NEVER leave the safeties off on those little suckers...

:) Just kidding, but if you have read a post of mine a few pages back, I was having an impossible time fighting the Ragnarok with EVERYTHING. Including Cheat Sheet! Good luck!

until they add in a post moonlord tier throwing set and items you really will just need to make a hypersonic travel map to avoid him while you trail damage

until they add in a post moonlord tier throwing set and items you really will just need to make a hypersonic travel map to avoid him while you trail damage
That's what I was thinking, basically going with 0x33's approach for killing the Moon Lord with the sky rail and applying that to The Ragnarök

yeah, you may need to use some non-class accessories to gain dodge/defense/healing, but otherwise that would be the best bet, well unless you want to make a hoik rail line, but you would need to be careful not to despawn him that way

I just had the best idea for a healer class mechanic. its like this bar (like the mana bar) it fills up the amount equal to the healing you do to an ally and the amount of 'radiance' you store up can be increased with holy crystals or something. using radiant weapons drain this bar, this way it makes radiant weapons feel less like magic and more like radiant weapons

Well, the friend I'm playing with (healer) and I (thrower) worked together and took out the first forms, cutting it pretty close but pulling it off, and then we failed on the final expert mode form because he despawned on us. (We've been playing through the mod in expert mode because screw normal mode) So now we're going to try to come up with a different strategy for his final form.

thats an interesting thought, a new mechanic could be rather good, but rather than a copied mana bar determined by healing someone how about making radiant users gain a "sanctity" count?

each enemy slain or ally healed by radiant damage slowly adds to the count(+0.1 count?), this count does two things,

1: the count directly bonuses all radiant effects (healing or damage) by like 0.1 per count? just because a full +1 would be a tad OP likely, but it needs testing, that or it could be a 1% bonus sort of thing (but that is even weaker and would not help early game healers at all really)
2: the radiant user shines light in a radius based on the count (probably 0.1 again), anyone in the light gains HP once a second equal to the count - how many blocks away from the radiant user they are, a similar thing happens as damage to enemies in the light but at X 0.1 the healing power of the light

this count goes down by 1 every like 10 seconds in which it was not further boosted
it also goes down equal to the damage taken when a radiant user is struck, however when this happens anyone in their aura of light gets healed for the damage taken by the radiant user up to the amount the count holds

the radiant user does not passively heal themselves, however they get 0.1 X the healing they do to allies within their light and X 0.1 the damage dealt by the light

this would also help balance the weakness the class currently has

they can still start out way way below par, but it would slowly build as they "cleanse and sanctify" the world, thus letting them become quite decent at the cost of likely getting wiped out early

just a thought, but it seems that this would work pretty decently

I just had the best idea for a healer class mechanic. its like this bar (like the mana bar) it fills up the amount equal to the healing you do to an ally and the amount of 'radiance' you store up can be increased with holy crystals or something. using radiant weapons drain this bar, this way it makes radiant weapons feel less like magic and more like radiant weapons
Technically there is a mod that has a post-Moonlord throwing set (Nightmares Unleashed and it's Asteroid gear) but some of the other minor issues with NPC spawns may turn you off a little from it...

Back
Top Bottom