tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Anything that has to do with TerraCustom is subject to bugs right now. While most mods work fine with it, some cause various problems during world gen (Calamity and Wormholes are two I've had problems with). JopoJelly is aware of this, as Terracustom still isn't updated for the latest version of tMod. Hopefully it gets updated soon.

I was just finding that out, doing world gens with TerraCustom and while Large World Enabler was *not* installed. Still getting Aquatic biome generation issues in certain circumstances. Thanks for adding to the info on it.

So I had an idea for something to add but want sure where to post it. I'm not a coder but it's something I would love (don't know how easy it would be)

One thing I've always hated about the Clentaminator is how it reveals fog of War whilst cleansing. I just want to purify without it revealing the map.

Is that any way this would be feasible? Maybe something exists like it. I dunno.

I'm probably going to post this on some other active threads in the hope of some answer/help.

Life... complete...
wELkRZj.png

So I had an idea for something to add but want sure where to post it. I'm not a coder but it's something I would love (don't know how easy it would be)

One thing I've always hated about the Clentaminator is how it reveals fog of War whilst cleansing. I just want to purify without it revealing the map.

Is that any way this would be feasible? Maybe something exists like it. I dunno.

I'm probably going to post this on some other active threads in the hope of some answer/help.
The best way would probably to make it so that it's particles don't produce light.

It's a very small thing, but the tooltip for the Valadium Staff says that it "adsorbs" matter from all around it, rather than "absorbs". Just a typo, I know, but thought it'd be worth mentioning!

I think i've found a pretty important bug that needs to be fixed. Unlike with most bosses, the Hex Wand can transform any of the celestial pillars into a frog, causing the event to be glitched. The pillar's death never triggers, so the moon lord cannot be summoned, and new cultists won't appear. I used a cheating mod to re-summon a pillar, but it's still something i wanted to point out.

I think i've found a pretty important bug that needs to be fixed. Unlike with most bosses, the Hex Wand can transform any of the celestial pillars into a frog, causing the event to be glitched. The pillar's death never triggers, so the moon lord cannot be summoned, and new cultists won't appear. I used a cheating mod to re-summon a pillar, but it's still something i wanted to point out.
In context that's actually rather hilarious. You turn a Pillar, one of the celestial towers created to summon Terraria's ultimate doom, into a frog.

a really easy way to fix this for a mod would just be to add a new ammo without a light value, basically each biome spray could be crafted into it's non-light equivalent. however the light is intentional so that you can make sure to clean everything, so most people don't want that. i myself also tend to use it to scan areas for new caves after i have fully beaten a world or something

that would be useful for building worlds where you beat golem and want to transform the dungeon but don't want cultists. but yeah this is a very game-breaking bug and needs to be fixed. there's a lot of bugs involving pillars and mods recently...

a really easy way to fix this for a mod would just be to add a new ammo without a light value, basically each biome spray could be crafted into it's non-light equivalent. however the light is intentional so that you can make sure to clean everything, so most people don't want that. i myself also tend to use it to scan areas for new caves after i have fully beaten a world or something

Makes sense. Does anyone have any idea as to how this could be done/ help me with it?

Where should I be going for support? Already tried Discord, seems like it's unmonitored today.

Here's the issue - Aquatic Depths is spawning with nothing but water (no structures). Screenshot I've already uninstalled Terraria/tModLoader/All Mods completely fresh. I have double-checked the Steam cloud is not enabled (I haven't used it in a decade or more). I am using Family Sharing with Steam on the same computer to run the game (it uses the same directories for everything).

I have tried world creation with standard Large size (instead of using TerraCustom), and get the same results. I won't play on Sm/Med worlds, so that option is out. It seemed like it was working a few days ago when I was still installing mods, so it may be an incompatibility, but I wouldn't know how to start tracking that down.

Here's a mod list:
Fargo's Mutant Mod
All The Walls
Base Mod (Grox)
Fishing 2.0
SacredTools
Wing Slot
Wormholes
Expeditions Base
Expeditions Content Pack
Thorium Mod
Large World Enabler
Wireless
Second Hotbar
Spirit Mod
Auto Trash
Crystilium
Bouncy Coins
Experience And Classes
Boss Checklist
Cosmetic Variety & Legends
Calamity Mod
The Luggage
Tremor Mod
Helpful Hotkeys
Even More Modifiers
Bluemagic's Mod
Cheat Sheet
GRealm
Multi Lure Accessories
Terra's Wing Compilation
W1K's Mod Redux

Other than uninstalling Thorium, I don't know how to fix the biome issue. From what I can see all the other mods in use are working properly. Everything is up to date.

Edit: Tested with small worlds, structures seemed to generate fine in that biome. Even medium worlds had some structure to them. Large are either completely devoid of biome structure, or just have a few scattered blocks here and there. That tells me it isn't my Steam config, but rather the biome generation itself that is the culprit, or something interfering with it.

Updating with further images to compare Large, Medium, and Small world Aquatic Depths biomes. Something about generation is definitely broken.

steam cloud was the issue for me, try disabling it although in my case absolutely nothing spawned so I don't think it will fix it for you. Try disabling all your mods, turn on only Thorium and then generate a world with it while steam cloud is off, if the biome generates properly then turn all the mods on. If the problem occurs after you enable all the mods, try turning them on and testing one by one to see which mod causes it. Although I don't see much mods of the kind that alters world gen in your list... Good luck.

It's been a long road, but my Summoner/Mage hybrid playthrough in Thorium is almost complete. Just need to get the Xeno Staff from the martians and then it's Moon Lord time.~

I have to say, Thorium has made Summoner runs a lot better both early on and later. A lot more stuff to access along the way~ Loadout currently is the Enigma Rift Staff, Terrarium Sage Staff, Ancient Light, Staff of the Frost Hydra, Stardust Dragon, Stardust Cell, and Nuclear Fury.

Last edited:
Spazzle, all you would need to do is fully copy the files for the existing biome spray projectiles/ammos, re-color them dark or something, re-name them, and anywhere that there is a reference to light delete that file, may also want to delete the particle file in general, but that makes it hard to aim

Sorry for bad translation :sigh:

Help me please :(

I can not play with a friend becouse multiplayer lagging without any mods. I testing it. I start tmodloader server on a laptop , set high priorities. (laptop have 4 core and 4 ram) [i think this is quite should suffice]
Tmodloader (Terraria) i run on PC and connect on server. My friend too conect on server.

And without any mods server lagging (server lag \ server is lagging). = mobs and npc and players (my friend) teleported short distances instead of running.
at my friend terraria was freezes (inhibited \ delayed \ [ slow motion ] ) but my friend say that fps was normal

I have not slowed down the game but mobs and etc. teleported

Why is it occur !?? What should I do? I want to play with a friend without lag !
I want to play with Thorium mod example. It is possible?

Back
Top Bottom