tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I just had an idea for a boss... a post-golem hallow boss themed around the healer class (like the lich is themed around the throwing class), maybe like a enchanted hallowed armour or a holy spirit or something

Last edited:
So...further investigation, the Out of Touch debuff is not doing at all what it should. It is apparently MASSIVELY decreasing damage output, to the point that a weapon that normally does 65 magic damage, for the duration of this debuff, the tooltip says -2147483648 magic damage. The attacks don't even touch the enemies, simply passing right through them without effect. What is happening, Sam?

Also, is there a Thorium discord?

The summon damage in Thorium seems quite different from that in vanilla game and other mods. It is not calculated at the time the minions are summoned, but at the time the enemies are hit. So the trick of swapping armors/accessories doesn't work anymore. Is this feature intended?

This is probably impossible or very hard to do, but I feel like the Healer class would be a lot cooler and easier to play as if Dark Intent made some healing weapons damage enemies instead (for example, instead of shooting a healing orb, The Good Book would shoot a damaging, purple orb)
I feel like the Healer class is almost useless in Singleplayer and by limiting its usefulness to Multiplayer (imo not as used as singleplayer in modded Terraria), makes it a underused class
I want to start a Healer gameplay on Singleplayer but I'll probably die a lot when I get to post-Plantera bosses, has anyone managed to defeat Ragnarok in Singleplayer as a Healer?

Guys I was using Thorium mod + a couple of other mods and then I used the TEDIT in a new world, TEDIT removed all ores related to Thorium + other mods, so anyone knows if there's a way to use tedit without removing those ores?

I got a friendly suggestion for the mod. Perhaps a way to combine the High-tech Sonar Device with the Angler's Tackle Bag to give the benefits of all in one? Dunno what one would call it, but it would be a handy thing for us fishers of the game.~

I got a friendly suggestion for the mod. Perhaps a way to combine the High-tech Sonar Device with the Angler's Tackle Bag to give the benefits of all in one? Dunno what one would call it, but it would be a handy thing for us fishers of the game.~
Good thing about fishing accessories: You can't make them overpowered by combining them, just more convenient.

Are the Granite Energy Storm's drops bugged? I defeated him like 10 times and he doesn't drop the Boulder Probe Staff, is it just my terrible luck or is the staff's drop rate glitched?

I have a large amount of doubt that the cause of that is the out of touch debuff... Its coded to set a bool to true, which in turn sets the players bonus healing value to 0. It never ever touches damage so I'm confused about that one. Check the first page for the discord pal.

Are the Granite Energy Storm's drops bugged? I defeated him like 10 times and he doesn't drop the Boulder Probe Staff, is it just my terrible luck or is the staff's drop rate glitched?
Make sure you're up to date, it isn't broken in the code as I look at it.

The summon damage in Thorium seems quite different from that in vanilla game and other mods. It is not calculated at the time the minions are summoned, but at the time the enemies are hit. So the trick of swapping armors/accessories doesn't work anymore. Is this feature intended?
Yes and no...? Certain effects are custom made and are supposed to update on the fly, while vanilla stats should be working with snapshots as you may call them. I cant confirm this at all, but I was also under the impression that 3.1.4 got rid of snapshots...

It's called Radiant damage.

I didn't phrase my post properly, sorry
I meant making some healing radiant items like Chi Lantern, The Good Book and Spirit Water Pouch hurt enemies instead of healing allies if Dark Intent is equipped, but it's probably impossible to code that

And after grinding the Granite boss a lot, I finally got the sentry drop. I guess I just had bad luck :sigh:

I meant making some healing radiant items like Chi Lantern, The Good Book and Spirit Water Pouch hurt enemies instead of healing allies if Dark Intent is equipped, but it's probably impossible to code that

And after grinding the Granite boss a lot, I finally got the sentry drop. I guess I just had bad luck :sigh:
Oh, that makes more sense. :p

I like this idea! Equipping this "key item" changes the nature of the Healer from healing to damage by corrupting all their spell effects. Give "healing" items a second effect that fires instead if Dark Intent is equipped.
I am definitely a big fan of this idea, on a thematic level.

Back
Top Bottom