tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Is the Shade Kusarigama unable to be reforged intentionally? It's a minor bummer since it's a bit slower than the throwing weapons I'm usually using. Edit: Also, is there a point to them staying "out"? They don't deal any additional damage or anything? Is that just for flavor?

If I'm wearing Icy Armor and going critter hunting (like for worms during a rain), I usually just swap my helm to the vanity slot til I'm done. You'll move up from Icy Armor soon enough, anyways.

eh, just found this

already just have, rn I have meteor armor, tide hunter armor in the vanity slot

so, its not that big of an issue anymore xD

Is the Shade Kusarigama unable to be reforged intentionally? It's a minor bummer since it's a bit slower than the throwing weapons I'm usually using. Edit: Also, is there a point to them staying "out"? They don't deal any additional damage or anything? Is that just for flavor?
Slight oversight on my part... The other non-consumable throwing weapons can be reforged, but I forgot that one. As for them "staying out", its sort of an imperfect way of showing why the enemy is stunned after being hit. But as you can see, if the enemy dies or manages to walk away from it, it looks quite comical. I'll fix the first one and try and find a better solution for the second.

eh, just found this

already just have, rn I have meteor armor, tide hunter armor in the vanity slot

so, its not that big of an issue anymore xD
Oh man, Tide Hunter armor is GREAT. if you're not dead-set on a magic character, go ranged and give it a shot (pun intended).

@DivermanSam honestly, I thought maybe it was intentional because its slower speed is a bit offset by its high damage and stun. I was just curious. The "staying out" is neat, I just wasn't sure if it was supposed to have some additional benefit, so I thought I'd ask.

Oh man, Tide Hunter armor is GREAT. if you're not dead-set on a magic character, go ranged and give it a shot (pun intended).

@DivermanSam honestly, I thought maybe it was intentional because its slower speed is a bit offset by its high damage and stun. I was just curious. The "staying out" is neat, I just wasn't sure if it was supposed to have some additional benefit, so I thought I'd ask.
well, i'm not ranged at all. xD
I'm using calamity + thorium mod and having a blast -- but there are no ranged weapons except for the Talon Burst which SUCKS now (im in EXPERT mode! :D)

Alright, so now that the White Dwarf Armor was released and the Spark Taser was nerfed, I made the White Dwarf Armor and White Dwarf Kunai and my healer friend and I ripped through the Ragnarök in Expert mode like nobody's business, the only problem was, after we killed Dying Reality, the elemental energy didn't despawn until quite some time, it would teleport around a bit and fire death at us, but we couldn't hit it at all. So after it finally despawned and I made the post-Ragnarök throwing weapons, we decided to try killing it again (I hit 111k+ dps!), blew through it, except this time, the elemental energy would not despawn no matter what we tried. So then I decided to summon another Ragnarök in case it would un-glitch it, except no, the elemental energy from the first one synced up with the second one, the second one didn't despawn either, so then we had two elemental energies floating around. Killed all our NPCs but two, eventually I shut down the server and restarted it and that made them despawn. Anyway, it was a fun mod, definitely enjoyed it, good work!

Here is something I have been meaning to ask for a while, why does Omnicide sometimes randomly kill me when at other times he barely does any damage?

well, i'm not ranged at all. xD
I'm using calamity + thorium mod and having a blast -- but there are no ranged weapons except for the Talon Burst which SUCKS now (im in EXPERT mode! :D)
I don't know about Calamity, but in Thorium there are plenty of pre-Hardmode ranged options.
You can get the Arms Dealer (with Flintlock and Minishark) as soon as you reach Snow biome... just get an Icy Shard, make Ice Ball ammo and he'll show up, since he just looks for bullets, not guns.
Frost Pelter sucks, but Harpy Pelter isn't too shabby early on, especially if you can farm the goods and craft one with a decent mod... it autofires and fires two shots at a time (in a row, but it DOES use two rounds per shot).
Undertaker (crimson) is meh but Musket (corruption) isn't bad... slow, but high damage, nice knockback, and autofires.
If you have Tide Hunter, you should have the mats to make Hydro Cannon, which is NICE... poor accuracy, but fair damage, fires fast, autofires, makes some light and doesn't use ammo! You can also make Shark Storm, which is basically a slightly upgraded Minishark. The Blunderbuss from the Jellyfish Queen is also surprisingly nice... it's good close-range damage, if you can get three or more bullets to connect. Its uniform spread makes that fairly easy... it's almost like the ranged fighter's melee weapon. Step up and unload in their face for joy.
I'm not a fan of the early bows, but The Champion's Trifecta-Shot and the Bee's Knees are surprisingly good. The ultimate ranged pre-hardmode goal would be the Hemorrhage... it's strong damage, healing, autofire, pretty fast, and uses no ammo, so you can put Hydro Cannon away. Hit Scanner is also nice to have... it's fast, good damage, autofire, and the effect means it pretty much hits right where you put your cursor. The effect works with normal rounds AND silver rounds, which is a plus.

Tide Hunter's effect does extra damage that's some fraction of the hit's damage (not sure how much) to everything in is area of effect (so it'll mess up stacked monsters) AND can kind of disrupt some monsters' attack patterns, since it also tosses them up. It's some nice additional damage. Weapons that hit more often will trigger tentacles more often, but weapons like the Minishark will end up giving you lots of 1-damage tentacles. It's kind of a trade-off until you can get weapons that are both fast and strong. It's great fun to use on monsters like Dripplers, though! :D

Sorry if someone's already mentioned this, but there's a glitch related to the omni-cannon, where if you increase its attack speed (either through modifiers or equipment), it'll only fire 2 shots at a time (this actually makes powerful the best modifier if you intend to wear the assassin's set). Otherwise, great mod.

upload_2017-3-19_16-28-3.png
so i made the sword out of my favorite set (the ice set)
V4vqAZX.png

Back
Top Bottom