tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I'm not sure if its me or the mod but whenever i summon in the Ragnarok I'm unable to use any of my weapons, like the scrolling in my hot bar is gone and I can't use the item from my inventory

I don't know about Calamity, but in Thorium there are plenty of pre-Hardmode ranged options.
You can get the Arms Dealer (with Flintlock and Minishark) as soon as you reach Snow biome... just get an Icy Shard, make Ice Ball ammo and he'll show up, since he just looks for bullets, not guns.
Frost Pelter sucks, but Harpy Pelter isn't too shabby early on, especially if you can farm the goods and craft one with a decent mod... it autofires and fires two shots at a time (in a row, but it DOES use two rounds per shot).
Undertaker (crimson) is meh but Musket (corruption) isn't bad... slow, but high damage, nice knockback, and autofires.
If you have Tide Hunter, you should have the mats to make Hydro Cannon, which is NICE... poor accuracy, but fair damage, fires fast, autofires, makes some light and doesn't use ammo! You can also make Shark Storm, which is basically a slightly upgraded Minishark. The Blunderbuss from the Jellyfish Queen is also surprisingly nice... it's good close-range damage, if you can get three or more bullets to connect. Its uniform spread makes that fairly easy... it's almost like the ranged fighter's melee weapon. Step up and unload in their face for joy.
I'm not a fan of the early bows, but The Champion's Trifecta-Shot and the Bee's Knees are surprisingly good. The ultimate ranged pre-hardmode goal would be the Hemorrhage... it's strong damage, healing, autofire, pretty fast, and uses no ammo, so you can put Hydro Cannon away. Hit Scanner is also nice to have... it's fast, good damage, autofire, and the effect means it pretty much hits right where you put your cursor. The effect works with normal rounds AND silver rounds, which is a plus.

Tide Hunter's effect does extra damage that's some fraction of the hit's damage (not sure how much) to everything in is area of effect (so it'll mess up stacked monsters) AND can kind of disrupt some monsters' attack patterns, since it also tosses them up. It's some nice additional damage. Weapons that hit more often will trigger tentacles more often, but weapons like the Minishark will end up giving you lots of 1-damage tentacles. It's kind of a trade-off until you can get weapons that are both fast and strong. It's great fun to use on monsters like Dripplers, though! :D

Lel, every time I see your posts, I've already moved up the rank of armor and weapons. :p

I've gotten into hardmode and am now using a Feral Fur Head in my helm slot, a Mythril Chestplate, and Palladium Leggings.

Thanks for the tips, I tried defeating the WoF hundreds of times (not really, but it seems like it) with my friend--using a Water Bolt, he using a Space Gun. I kept dying, though, until we randomly broke a Larva and summoned the Queen Bee. We defeated it (my friend, being terrible at dodging, kept dying and wormhole-potioning over to me. :p

I got the Bee's Knees, so when my friend and I were going to have the 419th try at defeating the WoF, an idea struck me.

The strategy we then employed was me giving my Water Bolt to him and my Mana Flower (he won't give it back now!!! D;) and he spamming the Water Bolt while I equipped the Hive Pack and used my Hornet Staff and using the Bee's Knees. We finally defeated it, and we're in hardmode now (as I told you before. I'm a terrible writer.)

Thanks for the tips (oh, just realized I already said that xD) and uh...I'll end this post now.

Lel, every time I see your posts, I've already moved up the rank of armor and weapons. :p

I've gotten into hardmode and am now using a Feral Fur Head in my helm slot, a Mythril Chestplate, and Palladium Leggings.

Thanks for the tips, I tried defeating the WoF hundreds of times (not really, but it seems like it) with my friend--using a Water Bolt, he using a Space Gun. I kept dying, though, until we randomly broke a Larva and summoned the Queen Bee. We defeated it (my friend, being terrible at dodging, kept dying and wormhole-potioning over to me. :p

I got the Bee's Knees, so when my friend and I were going to have the 419th try at defeating the WoF, an idea struck me.

The strategy we then employed was me giving my Water Bolt to him and my Mana Flower (he won't give it back now!!! D;) and he spamming the Water Bolt while I equipped the Hive Pack and used my Hornet Staff and using the Bee's Knees. We finally defeated it, and we're in hardmode now (as I told you before. I'm a terrible writer.)

Thanks for the tips (oh, just realized I already said that xD) and uh...I'll end this post now.
Haha sure, actually the most entertaining way I killed the Wall is just making a bridge and then chucking Beenades and firing the Bee's Knees so masses of bees just took it apart. Not the fastest, but entertaining to see and they clear the Hungry pretty quick!

Mostly, though, once I realized how the Tide Turner armor worked, I was hugely amused by it (I kept tossing flying monsters WAY up in the air and it took forever for them to fly/float back down) and wanted to share the insight. I had an injured Drippler float down once after a good minute or two offscreen in the air and it took me a sec to remember I'd tossed him up there earlier and it wasn't just raining damaged Dripplers. :D

By the way, the Borean Strider is easy enough early in Hardmode and that magic staff it drops can REALLY dish out some damage. Keep an eye out!

u should fix the selling price on the impact drill i can buy it with 35 gold and sell it with 35 gold but if i use discount card i can buy it for 28 gold and sell it for 35 gold not to mention if it has a good modifier i can sell it for even more

u should fix the selling price on the impact drill i can buy it with 35 gold and sell it with 35 gold but if i use discount card i can buy it for 28 gold and sell it for 35 gold not to mention if it has a good modifier i can sell it for even more
Shush, you are ruining my money farm X-P jk jk, but its true that it gets kinda crazy haha

Haha sure, actually the most entertaining way I killed the Wall is just making a bridge and then chucking Beenades and firing the Bee's Knees so masses of bees just took it apart. Not the fastest, but entertaining to see and they clear the Hungry pretty quick!

Mostly, though, once I realized how the Tide Turner armor worked, I was hugely amused by it (I kept tossing flying monsters WAY up in the air and it took forever for them to fly/float back down) and wanted to share the insight. I had an injured Drippler float down once after a good minute or two offscreen in the air and it took me a sec to remember I'd tossed him up there earlier and it wasn't just raining damaged Dripplers. :D

By the way, the Borean Strider is easy enough early in Hardmode and that magic staff it drops can REALLY dish out some damage. Keep an eye out!
Nice :p
EDIT: Just got rekt by the Leviathan, which is a Calamity boss. I literally killed the ??? monster that spawns it and then magic mirrored, thinking "I'm safe now! :D"

Too late, it found its way over to me from across the map. :p

y
Nice :p
EDIT: Just got rekt by the Leviathan, which is a Calamity boss. I literally killed the ??? monster that spawns it and then magic mirrored, thinking "I'm safe now! :D"

Too late, it found its way over to me from across the map. :p
up, its supposed to exist as a surprise trap for first time players haha, but if you leave the ocean, RIP

Hey i've recently noticed a bug while playing the thorium mod (Well i think it is) Basically when the clot spawns after killing a Living Hemorrhage it just stay in its location and jumps into the air but not in any direction it repeats this around 5 times

lel
actually, I read a lot about both mods (Thorium + Calamity) so I knew about the ??? but I'm just really stupid and have a death wish. :p
lol i decided to go in blind besides knowing the desert scourge and i found that and asked on discord wtf would happen they said he would steal my items but then give me a 100 damage weapon im just like ok.... goes in with a wooden sword only XD

I'm not sure if its me or the mod but whenever i summon in the Ragnarok I'm unable to use any of my weapons, like the scrolling in my hot bar is gone and I can't use the item from my inventory
thats to do with The many more modifiers Mod :) it freezes when you have only 1 stack of items in your invent and consume the item

Hello. I am a Japanese. I love Terraria and your MOD.
I have a question. Which MOD has this bug in Thorium or Craftable Try Hard Items?
Or is it a bug in tModLoader itself?
( The author of Craftable Try Hard Items does not have his own thread. _(:3」∠)_ )

The video is shown below.

Thanks.

PS: My world is full of blacksmiths lol

Hello. I am a Japanese. I love Terraria and your MOD.
I have a question. Which MOD has this bug in Thorium or Craftable Try Hard Items?
Or is it a bug in tModLoader itself?
( The author of Craftable Try Hard Items does not have his own thread. _(:3」∠)_ )

The video is shown below.

Thanks.

PS: My world is full of blacksmiths lol
hmm... it seems like the game does not recognize the time spawned black smith as the same thing as the save file black smith, so it checks for the time spawn npc file for the spawn conditions (which does not exist) then spawns in one, however it must save the npc file as the other version (the greyed out one) which then allows the bug to repeat

Soo, yesterday I thought I'd take on the Ragnarök, and it went pretty well, already killed Aquaius in its second form and then....I died. 14k something damage. Had green skulls around me probably, Omnicide's I guess, but yeah, insta-gib. Then I respawned, still skulls, didn't move, 15k damage, body parts everywhere. :nymph:

Is this intentional? Oo

It was fine after the second death, apart from, you know, not being able to finish the Ragnarök because of taking damage that would sink an aircraft carrier.

-----
Enough complaining, let me just say that the mod is still awesome and makes the game so much (even) better!

Soo, yesterday I thought I'd take on the Ragnarök, and it went pretty well, already killed Aquaius in its second form and then....I died. 14k something damage. Had green skulls around me probably, Omnicide's I guess, but yeah, insta-gib. Then I respawned, still skulls, didn't move, 15k damage, body parts everywhere. :nymph:

Is this intentional? Oo

It was fine after the second death, apart from, you know, not being able to finish the Ragnarök because of taking damage that would sink an aircraft carrier.

-----
Enough complaining, let me just say that the mod is still awesome and makes the game so much (even) better!
You were killed by the debuff Touch of Omnicide, which instakills you if you do not kill Omnicide before the time runs out.

Can someone help me out. I'm trying to craft Master's Libram, I have all the necessary items (quadruple checked it) and i have an orichalcum anvil. But it doesn't show up. The guide doesn't seem to acknowledge it as a craftable recipe either. When I puti n any of the ingredients he doesn't show the recipe for Master's Libram.
Is it removed or something?

Back
Top Bottom