tModLoader The Thorium Mod

The Tracker is my new favorite NPC. I love his look, and personality. I love how much depth he adds to gameplay -- the quests are fun to do, and the rewards are interesting and fun to get. He's so much more than just another merchant who sells a few items and otherwise serves no purpose (like nearly every other NPC we ever see).

THIS is how you do worthwhile NPC's. Excellent job!

Believe me... its not the computer and ram thats the problem... I have 24 ram and I'm getting this problem. >.> i should have enough ram to run these mods plus more no problem but i'm still getting the error.
You're correct. Regardless of one's rig, the real and only problem is Terraria being a puny little 32bit program that gets stretched far beyond its capabilities when running many mods together.

It's pretty insane how there's still no workable way around this on a Windows system. Hopefully Re-Logic comes to their senses soon and offers a 64bit option.

The Kelp Planterboxes aren't QUITE right... They need to be built ON something, they don't work like platforms, as the other planterboxes do. I know it's minor, but... It messes with how even my green house is, lol

talking about the depths someone knows if the water chestnuts to make spring water can be farmed near your base in a special area or we must do multiple expeditions to the depths?

When I want to craft something like the inspirattion note my game crashes but i dont know why

upload_2017-7-2_10-41-17.png

Does anyone know how to help with thorium i downloaded it and put it on my mod files but when i went to open the game the mod does not appear on the mod list nor does it appear in the mod browser
I'm suffering the same problem. Could anybody please help?

The mod is too big to fit in the Mod Browser.
I'm not quite sure I buy that. I was able to get the latest version of Calamity from the Mod Browser, and it's about 6 MB larger than the latest version of Thorium, according to my computer. (~21 MB for Calamity, ~15 MB for Thorium)

I'm not quite sure I buy that. I was able to get the latest version of Calamity from the Mod Browser, and it's about 6 MB larger than the latest version of Thorium, according to my computer. (~21 MB for Calamity, ~15 MB for Thorium)
That's because jopojelly had to manually put it in the mod browser

Ok, there seems to be a large bug involving hovering over items in your inventory. Basicly you hover over an item and your game just crashes and resets to the previous in game morning. This made me have to fight slime rain 5 times. The items in question seem to change, as before I crashed hovering over a magma hammer and now I crashed hovering over a silver coin. This is making it very hard to progress and I hope it gets fixed soon. On a positive note, I'm loving the bard class so far. :happy:

EDIT: ok so all coins are crashing the game when I hover over them. I've decided to put my bard playthrough on hold until this is fixed because it is very annoying.

Last edited:
Please Help, I Keep getting this message after a couple minutes of playing.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at ShaderLib.Dyes.ModDyePlayer.<>c.<.ctor>b__17_0(PlayerDrawInfo drawInfo)
at Terraria.ModLoader.DrawLayer`1.Draw(InfoType& drawInfo)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayer(Player drawPlayer, Vector2 Position, Single rotation, Vector2 rotationOrigin, Single shadow)
at DualWielding.MDWPlayer.<>c.<.cctor>b__39_0(PlayerDrawInfo drawInfo)
at Terraria.ModLoader.DrawLayer`1.Draw(InfoType& drawInfo)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayer(Player drawPlayer, Vector2 Position, Single rotation, Vector2 rotationOrigin, Single shadow)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayers()
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

How do i fix this?

That's because jopojelly had to manually put it in the mod browser
Fair enough, though that does raise a few questions for me (some of which jopo may be better suited to answer).

1) What's the maximum size of a mod that can be put on the browser without intervention from jopojelly?
2) Is he willing/able to do the same thing for other large mods like Thorium?
3) Why is there such a limit on the size of a mod?
4) Is there a way to increase the limit?

7d0pKvXjSL2V2h4BS5-aRA.png

Found a bug and a graphic error
The marine kelp pot thingy doesn't act like the vanilla one in which the pots are treated as platforms and you don't need blocks beneath them to place them
The marine kelp pot thingy also doesn't connect very well with other pot thingies as you can see in the picture

May I ask, will this mod ever be put on the tModLoader mod browser?

I mostly ask since I (and I don't know if anyone else has that problem) can't download it through MediaFire.

im surprised that the marine kelp is not affected by the staff of regrowth because they are used in potion making.

Edit: forget what I said, for some reason planting the kelp seeds on clay pots the staff dosent have any effect on them, but planting on their plant box it works.

Last edited:
Okay restarted as a thrower since the new update didn't fix the desert acolyte issue I was having. Haven't had any crashes yet outside of one that was caused by an absurd lag spike (computer's fault, not terraria's) Did find a pretty hilarious glitch in hardmode though. I hit an Arapaima with the champion's god hand, the paralysis effect caused it to start floating up until I killed it.
On another note, love the fact that yew wood is now an actual wood instead of something that just sat in junk chests in stacks of 99 on non-ranger runs. Kind of like an alternative to dynasty wood really. Also like the revamped aquatic depths, which fixed a lot of the issues I had with it. (infinite water breathing being outright mandatory, lack of lighting making it really hard to see)

Ok, there seems to be a large bug involving hovering over items in your inventory. Basicly you hover over an item and your game just crashes and resets to the previous in game morning. This made me have to fight slime rain 5 times. The items in question seem to change, as before I crashed hovering over a magma hammer and now I crashed hovering over a silver coin. This is making it very hard to progress and I hope it gets fixed soon. On a positive note, I'm loving the bard class so far. :happy:

EDIT: ok so all coins are crashing the game when I hover over them. I've decided to put my bard playthrough on hold until this is fixed because it is very annoying.

Same here. I'll just stop playing the mod until this gets fixed.

Back
Top Bottom