tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Small quirk: you can purchase Crimson items like Vertebrae and Bloody Spines in strictly Corruption worlds (and I assume vice versa) from the Confused Zombie NPC. Should this be fixed or is this intentional?

Small quirk: you can purchase Crimson items like Vertebrae and Bloody Spines in strictly Corruption worlds (and I assume vice versa) from the Confused Zombie NPC. Should this be fixed or is this intentional?

That's definitely intended and has been that way since as far back as I remember with this mod. The only shame with the fact he sells those is that you can't really use the Bloody Spine without the Crimson existing. At least as far as I am aware.

On a completely unrelated note, I got a Cloudy Chew Toy earlier today from a Wyvern! I really love how adorable the Baby Wyvern is, so great work to whoever designed it. It sort of reminds me of Chester from Don't Starve in terms of how it looks.

Kind of surprised nothing like Chester exists honestly. I guess the Money Trough kind of is, but only barely.

Last edited:
That's definitely intended and has been that way since as far back as I remember with this mod. The only shame with the fact he sells those is that you can't really use the Bloody Spine without the Crimson existing. At least as far as I am aware.

On a completely unrelated note, I got a Cloudy Chew Toy earlier today from a Wyvern! I really love how adorable the Baby Wyvern is, so great work to whoever designed it. It sort of reminds me of Chester from Don't Starve in terms of how it looks.

Kind of surprised nothing like Chester exists honestly. I guess the Money Through kind of is, but only barely.
Well there was that old mod that added Chester, but i can't seem to find it anywhere. It's massively outdated as i recall, so I support the idea of thorium adding a Chester-like pet.

Small issue with the Plague Lord's Flask; the recipe shows up twice for crafting, both of which required Rotten Flesh. I didn't try crafting with Vertebrae so I am unsure if you can or if the issue happens with that. I'm guessing it's meant to be coded as requiring one or the other to craft.

Why is it failing to load?

Attachments

• Thorium Mod Error.PNG
    Thorium Mod Error.PNG
    132.2 KB · Views: 380
The spear tips added with Thorium do not work with Calamity spears. I don't know about with other mods that add spears as I have not tested these.

You ran out of memory, partly because Terraria is a 32-bit process. Reduce the number of mods you are using, or the size of your world.
That is not the case. I have used much bigger mods like calamity with the other mods I'm using, and I wasn't having any problems

This is happening to people that have plenty of RAM as well as those only using 1 or 2 mods, so I'll re-post what I've said in other threads (and here as well I think) on this extremely-common error.

Frustratingly, for many people (myself included) this will happen with any mods that add custom music. Spirit, Tremor, Thorium, Calamity, Joost etc. Since this is a real problem with tModLoader 0.10.0.0/1/2 that still hasn't been addressed, there's no actual "fix" for this once it starts happening. Nobody was getting this specific error before 0.10.0.0, and now many are getting it all the time.

The good news is, restarting does help me and most people who experience this. Just make sure once you restart, you don't mess with installing/uninstalling/enabling/disabling any mods whatsoever -- because once you do that, you won't be able to play again until another restart. Therefore this solution isn't permanent.

But even with restarting, sadly we're still going to have trouble using any large mods that add custom music until they either fix this in tModLoader (since again, this was never an issue before tModLoader 10.0.0), or Terraria gets 64-bit functionality on Windows machines. Either one would be nice.
It seems as if it's not just custom music.
Screenshot_185.png

It seems like there might be a memory leak somewhere when reloading mods, meaning that it's most likely ModLoader, not individual mods because I've also had things fail to load with Calamity.

can you make an armour set or vanity set that looks liek the bard bard skin for bard from league of legends? bc that is legit my fav design of a bard

I activated only thorium,tremor,calamity and spirit and my game loads/works fine, so you must close other programs besides tmod to free space on your RAM to work properly.
Yeah, I know. I'm just confused about all the items and bosses that were added in the game. There's too many.

Hey, I have alot of mods and there was an update for Thorium i updated and when i click on enable thorium it crashes and says this thanks for helping btw :)

9dd4af62c9664c0911b9cddcea467ed8.png

Bard desperately needs a faster endgame piercing weapon. Bassoon is simply not fast enough. Even with maxed out damage and damaging accessories, I simply cannot do enough damage to solo the Ragnarok, even with Balladeer Armor. Omnicide won't die fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom