tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Couple bug reports.

Initially only noticed this after acquiring a Shackle with the angry modifier very early on in a playthrough. So, using a fresh character and world, I disabled everything but Thorium and Cheat Sheet (to isolate the issue and so I could properly test). Wearing an accessory with any of the damage-increasing modifiers (jagged, spiked, angry, menacing) appears to actually decrease the damage of symphonic weapons by 1. It appears to always be 1 regardless of the percentage, but it only happens once. As in, wearing additional accessories with such modifiers won't decrease the damage even further. Additionally, symphonic weapons don't appear to benefit at all from those modifiers, and don't benefit from the crit chance modifiers (precise, lucky) either.

EDIT: To amend, it appears to only be non-Thorium accessories that cause the decrease.

Also a very minor one, possibly more a suggestion than bug report. The bard weapons which channel a beam, the Kazoo and Trombone I believe, it seems as if they should continue to make their noise for the duration of the channel, just feels a little weird to have one sound clip at the start then silence (from the weapon at least) as the beam goes.

Using version 1.4.0.4 of Thorium, and 0.2.7.2 of Cheat Sheet

Last edited:
I've been looking all over my world for literall hours, and I can't find any opals. Is anyone else having this problem or am I just iincredibly unlucky? I assume you just find them like other gems, but I haven't found any in the cavern.

Just to check, you did generate your world with Thorium installed, right? Anyway, yeah, you find them just like other gems.

I just discovered that the Yew-Wood Lute is using both Magic and Symphonic damage multipliers.
I don't know if this was intentional or not, but it allows for some insane boosts since these bonuses are multiplicative to each other.

I just discovered that the Yew-Wood Lute is using both Magic and Symphonic damage multipliers.
I don't know if this was intentional or not, but it allows for some insane boosts since these bonuses are multiplicative to each other.
Yeah, I saw that my lute's damage was raised when I used a Magic Power potion. I was confused, but was like "eh whatever it's a thing." Probably should've mentioned it here.

Hmm, i find them in the caverns everwhere just fine. You could try making a new world and see if any opals spawn. You could also extract brackish clumps from the aquatic depths biome in the extractinator.

Small problem there: every world I make, the aquatic depths glitches out and floods into hell. I haven't found any opals in other worlds either.

Just to check, you did generate your world with Thorium installed, right? Anyway, yeah, you find them just like other gems.

Yup, multiple worlds generated with Thorium already installed.

Small problem there: every world I make, the aquatic depths glitches out and floods into hell. I haven't found any opals in other worlds either.

Yup, multiple worlds generated with Thorium already installed.
Do you have cloud saves enabled? Cloud saves are known to delete any modded tiles you may have in your world.

I don't get why the Star Scouter is Pre-HM considering it's Post-HM stats and difficulty. I mean, it's nearly impossible to kill without the use of a powerful Pre-HM weapon from another mod.
I think it needs to be Hardmode-only if its not gonna get a significant nerf.

I don't get why the Star Scouter is Pre-HM considering it's Post-HM stats and difficulty. I mean, it's nearly impossible to kill without the use of a powerful Pre-HM weapon from another mod.
No, it's completely possible to do Pre-HM. The Trifecta works well against it.

I'd have to disagree simply because it is a strictly optional boss. The only thing killing it earns you is whatever drops it has; none of which are necessary to progression. In my opinion its attacks aren't that difficult to dodge once you have learned the fight. A piece of advice I could offer is that you don't need to fight it in space, it merely needs to be summoned there and then you can bring it lower so you aren't in low-gravity. This makes dodging much easier. Otherwise with a suitable arena and buffs its not too bad.

I will admit I haven't fought it that often on new characters, but I did face it as a thrower (since it has a decent throwing weapon) back a few patches ago. Throwers aren't all that powerful until late hardmode in my opinion so it definitely is doable for more capable classes.

Small problem there: every world I make, the aquatic depths glitches out and floods into hell.
While mine isn't quite on the level of flooding hell, my aquatic depths spawned in a particularly bizarre spot so it's now flooding the both the jungle and a crimson chasm that were both far to the left. (I weep for this world once hardmode hits, crimson's in all of the worst possible spots) Currently doing a randomizer run (class is randomized on-death) and I'm REALLY in love with the poisonous pricker, as it gives the healer a decent pre-hardmode projectile that it was really lacking before the update. (sadly not enough range for WoF, but that's what I get for being healer in single-player lol.)

Also star scouter is super susceptible to the "build a bridge and run like crazy while firing behind you" strat as long as you aren't using melee or summons. (Coznix the Fallen Beholder is also easily killed by this strat, but you need a unicorn/hellhound mount for him) If you have any sprint shoes, the only attack that can possibly hit you is that chaser orb in the later phase, and jumping can generally dodge that. Just make sure to stop when the drones are summoned though. If you kill them far enough from the main scouter, it can despawn. (going to note that I generally play ranger in expert mode, so it's easily doable with mage or thrower. Melee and summoner might have some issues if you aren't using other mods though)

*edit* minor, but on the subject of healing water not giving buffs via quick-heal, I can confirm that the jelly DOES give you it's buff if you quick-heal with it.

Last edited:
I'm REALLY in love with the poisonous prickler, as it gives the healer a decent pre-hardmode projectile that it was really lacking before the update. (sadly not enough range for WoF, but that's what I get for being healer in single-player lol.)

Funny you should say that since I recently started playing a "battle" healer and ended up killing WoF with the Falling Twilight scythe. Granted that was on normal mode since I wasn't confident I could handle expert mode as a gimmicky type thing like that. I also ended up fighting Cozinx using only scythe-like weapons, which was an experience to say the least. Don't think I had more than 80 health for about half the fight, so it was more a testament of dodging him and the underworld enemies. :D

That being said, I would definitely approve of more combat related stuff for healer. Have to get some mileage out of that content since I can't currently play in a party due to my dated computer.

Minor bug with the Suspicious Golden Keys:
Once the chest has turned into a mimic, mousing over the area where the chest used to be displays a "Chest" tooltip. Placing another chest over it and mining it fixes the bug.

Great fun to see all the new stuff that's been added since I last played Thorium. `:) Love the Tracker.

I found one bug: Those ghosts summoned from Yuma's Pendant accessory don't work. Once they are summoned they stick to enemies, but deal no damage at all.

Also, I think there is still no placeable buff station for Bard class. I think it would also be nice to add Musician NPC to sell it and Bard weapons and other items related with that since there already is NPC with Healer related items and NPC with Thrower related items too.

Guys I have a problem with the file aqua song my terraria does not want to load it what should I do ?

This is what I see when I try to load the thorium mod

The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/Aqua.mp3 failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
at System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity(Int32 value)
at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.Stream.CopyTo(Stream destination)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WAVCacheIO.CacheMP3(String wavCacheFilename, Byte[] data)

Last edited:
Guys you can help me I have a bug with the loading of the aqua song you know how to set it?

What should I do ?

What should I do ?

Guys I have a problem with the file aqua song my terraria does not want to load it what should I do ?

Inner Exception:
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WAVCacheIO.CacheMP3(String wavCacheFilename, Byte[] data)
please don't spam with one problem..

Guys you can help me I have a bug with the loading of the aqua song you know how to set it?

What should I do ?
What should I do ?

Inner Exception:

@[VIK] Izu-kun

If you have more to add to your post and no one else has posted yet, please use the "edit" button on the bottom left of your post to add more content. It is considered spam to Double Post (in this case Triple Post) on Threads overall, when done in quick succession and are about the same issue. The edit button is the best way to add more information in those circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom