tModLoader The Thorium Mod

thanks to spotify i now know that the song of ice & fire is a reference to game of thrones. before i was going to ask that it should,ve been changes to the frigid-flare piccolo.
its still an awesome weapon anyways. :D
Haha. I had to put mine away so I could try out some other weapons.

Edit: after further testing I found out that the Bass Booster shoots two projectiles for every two inspiration, which partly invalidates what's written below, sorry for that! The Midnight Bass Booster does consistently score lower DPS against dummies and monsters than the Megaphone (about 100-150 dps less on average, which I think should be the other way around).
On a side note, the inconsistency between the inspiration costs of the Hallowed Megaphone on the forum and in the game still remains as well.

I'm currently in the middle of a bard playthough and I wanted to make the Midnight Bass Booster, since it seemed like a cool and pretty strong weapon. After actually making it and comparing it to other available bardic weapons, the Bass Booster seems rather underpowered in comparison to the Hallowed Megaphone. The Megaphone is actually many times easier to craft; the Hallowed Megaphone only requires 10 Hallowed bars, and the Midnight Bass Booster requires 10 Hallowed bars, 12 Strange Plating, a Music Box and a Microphone, which is a pretty significant difference. The problem here is that using the Megaphone costs 1 inspiration (this is what it costs in game, even though it costs 4 inspiration according to the wiki) and using the Bass Booster costs 2 inspiration. On top of that, the Bass Booster also deals 2 less damage (which is not much, but it adds up considering the amount of extra shots you can fire with a Hallowed Megaphone). The only compensation for this is the Bass Booster's ability to apply two kinds of buffs.

So, either the Hallowed Megaphone is overpowered with too simple a crafting recipe, or the Midnight Bass Booster is underpowered.
I hope I helped improving the mod a little with this rant right here^

Last edited:
Had a bug where ranged weapons couldn't fire. It would display the weapon, if i aimed right i would shoot straight up, left would shoot straight down, but it didn't actually take ammo or create a projectile.

i cant reliably recreate it.

PS, this was done on a local server with just me(multiplayer then connected to myself)

Edit: after further testing I found out that the Bass Booster shoots two projectiles for every two inspiration, which partly invalidates what's written below, sorry for that! The Midnight Bass Booster does consistently score lower DPS against dummies and monsters than the Megaphone (about 100-150 dps less on average, which I think should be the other way around).
On a side note, the inconsistency between the inspiration costs of the Hallowed Megaphone on the forum and in the game still remains as well.

I'm currently in the middle of a bard playthough and I wanted to make the Midnight Bass Booster, since it seemed like a cool and pretty strong weapon. After actually making it and comparing it to other available bardic weapons, the Bass Booster seems rather underpowered in comparison to the Hallowed Megaphone. The Megaphone is actually many times easier to craft; the Hallowed Megaphone only requires 10 Hallowed bars, and the Midnight Bass Booster requires 10 Hallowed bars, 12 Strange Plating, a Music Box and a Microphone, which is a pretty significant difference. The problem here is that using the Megaphone costs 1 inspiration (this is what it costs in game, even though it costs 4 inspiration according to the wiki) and using the Bass Booster costs 2 inspiration. On top of that, the Bass Booster also deals 2 less damage (which is not much, but it adds up considering the amount of extra shots you can fire with a Hallowed Megaphone). The only compensation for this is the Bass Booster's ability to apply two kinds of buffs.

So, either the Hallowed Megaphone is overpowered with too simple a crafting recipe, or the Midnight Bass Booster is underpowered.
I hope I helped improving the mod a little with this rant right here^

I too have been doing a bard playthrough but I have been seriously struggling in hardmode so far, I have been trying to figure out how to proceed boss wise, I tried skeletron prime but was unable to beat him in the time limit, destroyer was also just too tough considering the probes and the beholder 2nd form is also still a challenge. If you have any tips or recommendations for equipment to use that would be much appreciated.

Is their anyway possible: in the next Thorium update you can edit the music sheets in the bard class, to have a bigger empowerment radius. Because you have to be right up on it for a 2-3 second buff. No criticism on the mod, but this minor change would definitely benefit the bard class. And make this mod easier to use, especially against the harder early and late game bosses. Please take this comment into consideration, side note loving this mod:)

I'm unclear if the Lil' Devil and Lil' Cherub are of any use to a non-healer character? I think the later is of no use, since it depends on my bonus healing, and I don't have any, but ... the Lil' Devil doesn't specify any limitation, but also, doesn't really seem to do anything?

Edit to add: also, the Strange Crate, unlike all the other fishing crates, is not able to be places as a decorative block.

Last edited:
Is there any chance you could add more non-consumable throwing items and more throwing class armor to the game. Just recently ive been playing with a friend of mine with thorium enabled and i'm trying to go thrower but i don't want to keep on making more throwing items. It would be very nice to see more throwing class content

Is there any chance you could add more non-consumable throwing items and more throwing class armor to the game. Just recently ive been playing with a friend of mine with thorium enabled and i'm trying to go thrower but i don't want to keep on making more throwing items. It would be very nice to see more throwing class content

Might want to grab one of the infinite item mods, either luiafk, or infinity, instead?

Because that's the Calamity mod?
Using the White Dwarf armour set though. Just because I'm fighting a Calamity boss doesn't change anything. I calculated it. With the 0.1% of max health (DoG has 1.2million health) and other accessories that I had. I should have been dealing about 3.6k damage. But as you can see I am dealing about 10x that (1%).

Regarding the Tracker is it possible a future update might remove the strict progression of the contracts? I've killed tons of Hags, Mimics, Tims, Enchanted Swords, Wyverns, Pigeons, killed multiple moths and a Mothron last eclipse, could kill myself a bunch of Brown Recluses if I wanted but haven't been to a spider biome since Hardmode started. But what I can't do is get past the second contract because the game hasn't give me a damn Pinky since I got the Tracker. Hasn't given me a Nymph either but that doesn't matter if I can't kill Pinky.

Using the White Dwarf armour set though. Just because I'm fighting a Calamity boss doesn't change anything. I calculated it. With the 0.1% of max health (DoG has 1.2million health) and other accessories that I had. I should have been dealing about 3.6k damage. But as you can see I am dealing about 10x that (1%).
My point is that mod interactions can be unpredictable, particularly with Calamity's difficulty modifiers, which change how the game behaves.

Im probably really late to this topic, but why don't the armors from this mod (or any other, actually) work on Manniquins in game

Suggestion: designate a dye slot to affect the Enchanted/Meteor Barriers. Maybe the one for head armor?

Back
Top Bottom