tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Hey, I think i have an issue with my world, I was playing casually, I saved and exit my world/game and instantly turned off my PC, but when I launched my Terraria, my character wasn't here and my world have a blank name and is an "Unknown World"
Plus, I have this when i try to play on it :

Someone know what happened between the moment I turned off my Pc and when I launched Terraria and how to fix it ? I've spend many hours making my town, and i really don't want to do it again :c
(Btw, I figured out that it was Thorium the problem, because my character came back but without all the Thorium's stuff, and I only have Thorium + HERO's mod installed)

Yes I have made multiple characters with thorium enabled all of them don't spawn with one.
well for cases like that a temporal solution, is using cheatsheet and give yourself the heirloom.

if the problem is caused by another mod or is probably a bug from the mod the only thing to do is report the problem to the devs on their discord channel
because, I have this problem too.

well for cases like that a temporal solution, is using cheatsheet and give yourself the heirloom.

if the problem is caused by another mod or is probably a bug from the mod the only thing to do is report the problem to the devs on their discord channel
because, I have this problem too.
ill enable only thorium later and then add mods till i find what it is, it's just tedious, i downloaded lots of mods, that thankfully work together ^~^

Hey guys. First time poster here. I just got back into Terraria and started a new run with 2 other players. I wanted to ask how is the healing class right now?

I played a healer with 1 other player like a year or so back(don't remember how long ago it was). I recall it being rather lackluster due to lack of survivability OR damage. For a team of 2 it was somewhat dead weight.

Anyways, I wanted to know how it's faring right now, and if it was buffed/nerfed/changed considerably or if I am misusing thr class? This is my favorite mod by far and I want to use the class very much.

Also, I'm not complaining about lack of damage so much as poor survivability in addition to no damage, and no burst healing. lol. But again, I might just be doing a poor job with it. What's the current meta like?

Hey guys. First time poster here. I just got back into Terraria and started a new run with 2 other players. I wanted to ask how is the healing class right now?

I played a healer with 1 other player like a year or so back(don't remember how long ago it was). I recall it being rather lackluster due to lack of survivability OR damage. For a team of 2 it was somewhat dead weight.

Anyways, I wanted to know how it's faring right now, and if it was buffed/nerfed/changed considerably or if I am misusing thr class? This is my favorite mod by far and I want to use the class very much.

Also, I'm not complaining about lack of damage so much as poor survivability in addition to no damage, and no burst healing. lol. But again, I might just be doing a poor job with it. What's the current meta like?
It's been a fair bit since I actually played healer, but my group usually has at least one, so I can observe it at least.

In the last year, I believe Healer's gotten some more ways to do damage, though Radiant Weapons. When I last played it, it was staves only, but now scythes have been added in. They spin around you and deal some hurt, but I imagine they're mainly best for self-defense rather than actually going on the offensive.
The healer also got some armor and accessories that focus on damage, although focusing on heals still seems best to me.

Survivability, I don't think I had a problem with that once we got into mid-hardmode. Probably due to my build, but the Healer does get an accessory that heals them for 4 + bonus healing whenever they get a heal. Late healing spells also get some good coverage on people, although I still carry the tried and true Life's Gift pretty late in.

I sadly don't know if Healer's a great fit for a two man band, though, if you're on Expert, that is. Healer's not getting much damage done, and so you're left with one person trying to power through a scaled up Expert boss with just the added bonus of dying less easily.

Anywho, I dunno too much about the current state of playing it, but Healer looks to be pretty similar to when I played it about eight months ago, just with a bunch of new toys.

Question: Is it possible to downgrade the thorium mod to make it compatible with 1.3.4.4?

1-no.
2-unless you have the previous version of thorium for modloader 9.2.3 maybe but...
3-even if you play with the previous version of thorium you cant have/play as the bard class.

Slight amendment to that...

Possible? Yes.
Feasible? No.

It's not as simple as just changing one or two things. You would basically have to take an older version of Thorium and add all the new content to it, using the methods of a 1.3.4.4 version of tModloader to accomplish them. If anything in the new Thorium depends on something new to the current version of vanilla Terraria, you'd need to either mod that in as well, or change the way it works to use what was available back then. In other words, you'd basically be re-making all the new content more or less from scratch, and you'd miss out on the bug fixes since then as well unless you went through and fixed them all yourself, too. If anything requires a feature from a newer version of tModloader, you'd have to create a "demake" version of that too, in order to have those features in an older version, which would then necessitate also making special versions of any other mods you're using to be compatible with the altered demake version of tModloader, or else somehow cludging Thorium to have those features self-contained (which might still cause compatibility issues with other mods).

tl;dr - Yes, obviously you can re-create anything that has been created, but the amount of effort needed would more than likely be greater than it's worth.

Edit: In other words, unless you're content with just playing an older version of the mod, by the time you'd finished making it all work in 1.3.3.4, you'd have put in far more work than to just update to the current versions of everything, and for largely the same result. My guess, however, is that you're wanting to play alongside mods that haven't updated to the newest version. If so, I'd recommend that, rather than trying to backport Thorium, you learn how to update them yourself if you really just can't wait. It's generally considered in bad taste to put out a version of someone else's mod without their permission, yes. If you're just making a personal version for your own private use, though, that's nobody's business but yours.

Last edited:
Because of the way my Colored Damage Types mod works, it only gets whether the projectile is marked as melee, magic, thrown, ranged, etc.
It may actually be dealing the correct damage in game, but programmed in a different way to do that, so my colored damage types doesn't pick it up properly.

Easiest way to test if it actually is working as it should is equipping +magic crit chance items (10% or more is best to really see a difference) and test whether you notice more crits on those items than you would without the gear equipped.

I'll check it later and see if the error is on my side or Thorium's.
Well, I didn't mention the petal armor's effect for nothing here. It must trigger with the magic weapons, but with the petal wand it NEVER does.
I am not saying that it is a 100% trigger chance, but from the Eye of Cthulhu to Skeletron it didn't trigger once. Then I picked up the Bone Book and it triggered with the first projectile.

Not sure where to report this, but The Ring doesn't appear to affect radiant damage. Not sure if this is intentional, but it's definitely the case.

Yes I have made multiple characters with thorium enabled all of them don't spawn with one.
I had a weird issue similar to this. When I first installed the mod, my test character didn't get an Heirloom. However, when I made a "real" character while setting up for multiplayer, they did. Have you tried making your character alongside a new world, playing as server?

Hey, I think i have an issue with my world, I was playing casually, I saved and exit my world/game and instantly turned off my PC, but when I launched my Terraria, my character wasn't here and my world have a blank name and is an "Unknown World"

Someone know what happened between the moment I turned off my Pc and when I launched Terraria and how to fix it ? I've spend many hours making my town, and i really don't want to do it again :c

When you say "instantly turned off my PC", do you mean, cut the power? Because what you describe sounds exactly like what would happen if the data had not yet made it to disk before the power was cut, resulting in corrupted files.
[doublepost=1501681774,1501681722][/doublepost]
Prefixes for Enemies, and Spirit Mod are broken with big content Mods like Thorium to my knowledge, Disabling them fixed it for me

Spirit works fine with Thorium, and Crystallium, and a bunch of other mods. Prefixes for Enemies is the most common cause of the problem you reference.
[doublepost=1501681893][/doublepost]
Somebody already answered you about this, so there's no need to keep asking.

Just update your Terraria already -- Thorium has added quite a bit of great content with Terraria 1.3.5, and nearly every other mod has updated from 1.3.4.4 at this point. So there's literally no reason not to update your game.

....unless... you can't update because you have a pirated version of Terraria...

Yeah, they almost certainly have a pirated version of the game, so they can't update. A ... few people ... have reported issues with a change to the steam API leading to problems when they try and upgrade their pirate copies...

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\gfhjk\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs\Runtime Error.txt' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.File.CreateText(String path)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ErrorLogger.LogException(Exception e, String msg)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\gfhjk\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs\Runtime Error.txt' because it is being used by another process.

That line right there tells you exactly what the problem is: that specific file is in use by something other than Terraria/tModLoader. Fix that.

please help, me and my friend went to play (we were on a small break) and when we got in the world all my modded things were deleted, including piggybank and safe items, but he removed his charecter off of cloud and it was fine, mine wasnt ever on cloud, how do i get mah stuff back?

Back
Top Bottom