tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I've been playing the bard class a lot and I have some ideas/recommendations if that is okay.
Can you change the bagpipe sound? I love the item and how it works, but the sound, especially in multiplayer is so bad that people don't want you to use it near them. Maybe make it play a more harmonic set of tones or a short repeatable tune? Along with that, could you add a sound for the tuning fork? It seems a little lame to not have a sound for that.
A few other suggestions mostly related to accessories and armor:
The number of armor tiers is somewhat lacking, with there being a large gap between the first hard mode armor and the post-plantera armor. An inbetween tier maybe made using a mechanical boss drop would be great!
Accessories are sorely lacking. I feel like every accessory is essentially necessary and certain accessories feel pretty lame. The bard ring and the marching boots are both very important but the fact that the marching boots can't be upgraded makes them worthless once you get the goblin tinkerer. If there was a way to combine the spectre boots (or the upgraded version) with the matching boots, this would make the item much more usable in the late game. Along with that, the weapon damage and dps is tied almost directly to using the +4 damage ring. If there was something the ring could be upgraded into that also made the ring do something interesting, such as causing inspiration drops to be attracted to you (maybe using the celestial magnet), it could be a more interesting item.
I would also love a tier above the upgrade for the instrument accessories - if you could upgrade them again using a hard mode or later item, maybe giving them new functionality such as more projectiles for woodwinds or chain-reaction sparks for brass instruments. I feel that doing this could heavily expand upon the accessories in hard mode.
I realize this was a long post, but I hope I may have provided some decent ideas and that my feedback is useful since I understand that the bard class is being actively developed. Thanks for reading

I've been playing the bard class a lot and I have some ideas/recommendations if that is okay.
Can you change the bagpipe sound? I love the item and how it works, but the sound, especially in multiplayer is so bad that people don't want you to use it near them. Maybe make it play a more harmonic set of tones or a short repeatable tune? Along with that, could you add a sound for the tuning fork? It seems a little lame to not have a sound for that.
I found that in multi, other people couldn't hear my instrument. Which was unfortunate, because I remember telling my friends "These bagpipes actually hurt me personally when I use them." and I'd have loved to share the pain.
I think the bad sound is part of the joke, though. And it was definitely silly.

I'd have loved some more sounds for some instruments though, some were a bit disappointing when I got to them and the sound wasn't what I expected.

The number of armor tiers is somewhat lacking, with there being a large gap between the first hard mode armor and the post-plantera armor. An inbetween tier maybe made using a mechanical boss drop would be great!
There is bard armor made with mech boss drops, the Cyber Punk armor.

So I have a fun request, but I'm no modder so I don't know if it's possible...
Here it is. So, I'm a huge fan of summoners, right? I love having minions, not only as a damage source, but as a companion almost. Some things to keep me company in my adventures, you know? So I was thinking... you've added a Bard class. Bards do damage through music, and they ALSO buff nearby players. You see where I'm going with this?
So that's the idea! Do you think it is at all possible to somehow combine forces of the Bard and the Summoner?! It'd be so cool! The ability to be a music player of nature, having summons listen to the music and react differently to the affects! (Buffs of course) I think I can see how it wouldn't really work, but I just came here to ask out of mere curiosity. :D Any feedback from anyone would be nice.
My goal is to become a music playing warrior of minions and stuff!

Anyone know what this means or how to fix it:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EnemyMods.NPCs.gNPC.SetDefaults(NPC npc) in C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\EnemyMods\NPCs\gNPC.cs:line 70
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetDefaults(NPC npc, Boolean createModNPC)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

at EnemyMods.NPCs.gNPC.SetDefaults(NPC npc) in C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\EnemyMods\NPCs\gNPC.cs:line 70
Do you have Prefixes for Enemies? If that's the case, disable it, then exit Terraria, then start it up again. That fixed mine.

There is a conflict between "Prefixes for Enemies" and NPCs added by other mods. This is that conflict.

I started up a guide on Steam for the Bard class. If the author and any other contributers to the mod would like to, add me on steam and I would like to give anyone with knowledge to this class to contribute and help out with the guide! :D I love the class as it's so unique, and I would love to have others have the same feeling. Check out my profile to add me and I'll make you a contributor http://steamcommunity.com/id/perfectardus/

or check out the guide directly here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099823404

Any help would be much appreciated! :D

I started up a guide on Steam for the Bard class. If the author and any other contributers to the mod would like to, add me on steam and I would like to give anyone with knowledge to this class to contribute and help out with the guide! :D I love the class as it's so unique, and I would love to have others have the same feeling. Check out my profile to add me and I'll make you a contributor http://steamcommunity.com/id/perfectardus/

or check out the guide directly here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099823404

Any help would be much appreciated! :D

The Bard Guide said:
Most of these said weapons don't consume mana, but instead consume Inspiration

Do any of the Bard weapons actually use mana? I'm relatively sure none of them do but maybe I'm wrong.

Hey, could you please help me to fix this problem?

Hey, could you please help me to fix this problem?

Disable Prefixes for Enemies

When you say "instantly turned off my PC", do you mean, cut the power? Because what you describe sounds exactly like what would happen if the data had not yet made it to disk before the power was cut, resulting in corrupted files.
[doublepost=1501681774,1501681722][/doublepost]

Spirit works fine with Thorium, and Crystallium, and a bunch of other mods. Prefixes for Enemies is the most common cause of the problem you reference.
[doublepost=1501681893][/doublepost]

Yeah, they almost certainly have a pirated version of the game, so they can't update. A ... few people ... have reported issues with a change to the steam API leading to problems when they try and upgrade their pirate copies...
I disabled Prefixes for enemies and just that didn't work to stop the crashes, i had to disable spirit mod, which worked the day before, but it just updated then, it didn't want to work with thorium, i knew this to be the case because disabling just that one stopped the thorium crash message, not to mention other people reported the exact same thing i did.

I'm having a lot of problems with the Aquatic Depths. On my first world, the depth chest totally glitched and I couldn't open them. On another world, the depths were completely missing, just a huge open space were it should have been.

I'm having a lot of problems with the Aquatic Depths. On my first world, the depth chest totally glitched and I couldn't open them. On another world, the depths were completely missing, just a huge open space were it should have been.

You're not storing your worlds on the cloud are you? Modded blocks and whole modded biomes going missing can happen when storing worlds on the cloud.

Could Bard buffs be changed to not use the buff bar? When using a bunch of other mods, the bard buffs overwrite other buffs and that makes using potions less useful. Maybe the Bard Buffs could use some custom buff bar or something?

Back
Top Bottom