tModLoader The Thorium Mod

My duration increases seem to work exactly as intended... Could you tell me which empowerment your item gives, the accessories/armor you have equipped and whether you're in multiplayer or not? Here's a .gif to validate my claim.
N1pk04q.gif
Sorry for the late reply. It never actually notified me of your message. Anyway, From what i am reading on the wiki "Standing near the piano will activate it for 5 seconds, increasing your inspiration regeneration" for example, the piano when you stand near it the buffs only last one second each even though it is saying 5 seconds, this is for SP and MP both. And when you upgrade it by 5 seconds from the set i believe or what ever the upgrade was from it doesn't add to the time. Check to see if the piano works, or if im misinterpreting something, but its pretty clear that it says 5 seconds.

Sorry for the late reply. It never actually notified me of your message. Anyway, From what i am reading on the wiki "Standing near the piano will activate it for 5 seconds, increasing your inspiration regeneration" for example, the piano when you stand near it the buffs only last one second each even though it is saying 5 seconds, this is for SP and MP both. And when you upgrade it by 5 seconds from the set i believe or what ever the upgrade was from it doesn't add to the time. Check to see if the piano works, or if im misinterpreting something, but its pretty clear that it says 5 seconds.
Oh, no, once you go near the piano you cast, it stays active for five seconds, spreading the buff to anyone who comes near it. The buff, itself, only lasts a second. This is in line with the other music sheets... for instance, when you cast Steel Drums, anytime you go near your steel drums, it'll animate for five seconds, damaging and slowing anything that comes near it. This means you can cast the instrument, and just run past it midfight to get it going and have it do its thing on it's own for five seconds. You can actually see the instrument playing when you get close, and, five seconds after you leave it, it'll stop.

Yep, what Jabber said. The increased time only applies to symphonic empowerments granted by normal symphonic weapons. Music sheets don't benefit from it for balance reasons. Maybe I could make it more clear in the tooltip, but I don't know how I would write that out cleanly.

Yep, what Jabber said. The increased time only applies to symphonic empowerments granted by normal symphonic weapons. Music sheets don't benefit from it for balance reasons. Maybe I could make it more clear in the tooltip, but I don't know how I would write that out cleanly.
To be fair, I do find myself wondering what something like the Piano is supposed to accomplish. The game doesn't lend itself to standing still much. Since the Bard is a support class, it'd be neat to have a stack of Music Sheets to put together a one-man band to empower your team... but the instruments would need to have a LARGE area of effect. Otherwise, what good does, say, the Piano, really do when you can only zip past it every now and then for a single second of bonus mana regen, and only if the Bard has been near it to make it active first?

The other problem is buff limitation. The game only allows 22 buffs, and pushes the oldest ones off for newer ones. A stack of instruments can give single-second buffs that only serve to trash your team's other buffs. It'd be nice if, later down the road, Music Sheets could be compiled and crafted into, say, MS: Woodwind Section, which gives a single buff that provides several bonuses, and maybe leading to late-game MS: Standing Orchestra or the like, which combines most of them into a single buff and maybe a protective combat effect for the Bard while he stands there and conducts the Orchestra.

To be fair, I do find myself wondering what something like the Piano is supposed to accomplish. The game doesn't lend itself to standing still much. Since the Bard is a support class, it'd be neat to have a stack of Music Sheets to put together a one-man band to empower your team... but the instruments would need to have a LARGE area of effect. Otherwise, what good does, say, the Piano, really do when you can only zip past it every now and then for a single second of bonus mana regen, and only if the Bard has been near it to make it active first?

The other problem is buff limitation. The game only allows 22 buffs, and pushes the oldest ones off for newer ones. A stack of instruments can give single-second buffs that only serve to trash your team's other buffs. It'd be nice if, later down the road, Music Sheets could be compiled and crafted into, say, MS: Woodwind Section, which gives a single buff that provides several bonuses, and maybe leading to late-game MS: Standing Orchestra or the like, which combines most of them into a single buff and maybe a protective combat effect for the Bard while he stands there and conducts the Orchestra.
in regards to the music sheets, someone did suggest music sheets orchestra by combining all of them somewhere to give all of the effects at once, as for the buff limit issue, if it is possible to mod it so you can have more buffs at once, that is another option, but making a single buff do many things could be messy and would probably be more difficult

in regards to the music sheets, someone did suggest music sheets orchestra by combining all of them somewhere to give all of the effects at once, as for the buff limit issue, if it is possible to mod it so you can have more buffs at once, that is another option, but making a single buff do many things could be messy and would probably be more difficult
AlchemistNPC adds an item that gives a buff which is a combo of many vanilla buffs in a single slot though, so I guess it's not that messy after all

While trying to load ThoriumMod on a dedicated server, I get this error. I loaded it without any other mods as a test, and there didn't seem to be a workaround.

Anyone familiar with this?

Edit:

It was solved by simply running the dedicated server from the native Terraria directory, instead of standalone.

Attachments

• thoriummod error.png
    thoriummod error.png
    818 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
hey,here's a little suggestion in case somebody makes a donation: I would love to have a pair of wings that has the hover effect and the ascending boost of the Jetpack for maximum manuverabilty in the air

Estou usando a versão mais recente do TmodLoader e do Thorium Mod, sempre que vou criar um mundo novo o carregamento fica travado/parado em adding aquatic depths: adding water and smoothing.
O que eu posso fazer para arrumar isso ?
[doublepost=1507142973,1507142922][/doublepost]I'm using the latest version of TmodLoader and Thorium Mod, whenever I create a new world the loading gets stuck in / stopped at adding aquatic depths: adding water and smoothing.
What can I do to fix this?

Just a note, I was thinking about it while playing another Bard through to see the new stuff in action:

This mod is AWESOME, but it has a bit of flash that could be trimmed... excess material that mostly just creates more inventory micro-management. There's some dead-end crafting materials that don't really add to the greater game, whose effects could be made up for just as easily with existing materials. Danger Shards, Petals, Carnivore Tails and Bio-Matter spring to mind as examples: sometimes, you don't need to introduce a new material, just a new recipe. If everything requiring Bio-Matter also requires Chlorophyte (restricting it to post-Mech anyways), then what is Bio-Matter really contributing?

It might be due to the mods I have for my server(Thorium, Calamity, and Spirits) but, Im still having a problem with butterflies flicking in and out of existence. I wish I knew how to record this but it's been plaguing my attempts to gather butterflies for the butterfly staves(Since were in hardmode and none of my friends have a world, Im solo gathering them on single player)

Back
Top Bottom