tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I found a odd bug in my playthrough with Thorium... I was trying to make a artificial crimson desert biome to farm enemies and also fish for crimson quest fish... but then I noticed something. I was being afflicted with the choking debuff you are meant to suffer in the aqautic depths. Having beaten the queen jellyfish, I put on the sea breeze necklace (which lets you safely explore the depths) to see if that fixed it. NOPE! I was STILL being affected by it, and I wasn't even IN water! In the end, I had to kill Abyssion in order to actually stop the debuff affecting me when I wasn't in the depths, let alone in water but just standing in the middle of my crimson desert biome. :/

What's odd is that the background that SHOULD be showing for the crimson desert isn't (it's showing the aquatic depths background) and it's also playing the aquatic depths music, despite the fact it clearly should not be.

EDIT: I've determined what is actually causing it is something wrongly affecting the Crimsand blocks I was using to make the crimson desert biome. May want to take a look at this, thorium devs!

Second EDIT: It doesn't seem to JUST be making the music and doing the background, but it's treating a crimson desert biome as if it IS the aquatic depths! The water I did for fishing is the colour it would be in the aquatic depths and no enemies from the crimson are spawning, but the enemies from the aquatic depths ARE spawning. This... definitely should NOT be happening.

Last edited:
i agree in that some resources may need to have their drop rate reduced a bit. danger shards are fine because the enemies that drop them are uncommon, even rare taking in account that Thorium adds more mobs to the cavern layer so stumbling upon them is harder.

now, unholy shards on the other hand, they should at least have half of the drop rate they have right now. blood moons are unpredictable, i got 2 in a row starting the game and got almost 1 and half stack of them, you only need a few to make the starting Healer armor, and yeah you want to save for the rest of the armors for this class but in contrast to other events, Blood Moons happen frequently. takign the drop rate of the shards to 12.5% or even 10% would be enough to mitigate inventory cluttering.

its not like you cant sell them anyways. but ok, Terrarians are prone to hoarding stuff in their bases.

I really love the mod. It's like the DLC Terraria never had. But I wanted to know if the bard is going to get any endgame equipment from Ragnarok?

I really love the mod. It's like the DLC Terraria never had. But I wanted to know if the bard is going to get any endgame equipment from Ragnarok?
the bard is still relatively new, so it makes sense why it isn't finished yet, it should be getting worked on, though I'm not sure even the creator knows what else to do in order to keep it creative and in theme, regardless, I think we can all say this mod is awesome all the same

well there goes the early game cheese with the flute :v , 14 base damage for a homing projectile weapon is a bit over the top for a wooden chest drop jeje

Hey, is Folv's Ancient armor set working as intended? I played a bit with magic gear and found out that some magic weapons give weird results with the effect of this armor. Most weapons do what the armor says, 2 homing bolts coming out every 7th attack when you're above 50% health.
But with the Terra Staff, the magic bolts move ridiculously slow and fade out very fast. With the Prismatic Spray, the bolts are continuously under cast and can even be cast for free when right clicking.
While it's obvious that this armor works very well with high attack rate magic weapons and not good with sentry type magic weapons, Terra Staff and Prismatic Spray seem to be at the extreme of these two ends. Blackhole Cannon and Golden Shower on the other hand, another example of a sentry type and a high attack rate magic weapon, behave much more like it would be expected from Folv's Ancient armor set's description.
Thanks.

Attachments

• folv.jpg
    folv.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 438
Yeah, the way the set bonus works is based on how each weapon works. I'm gonna rework it to function a little more consistently, but whats happening is that every seven times a weapon "goes off" it counts as 1 of the 7 casts required, and then the bolts take on the velocity of the shot projectiles albeit a faster than the item's actual projectile. So the way its currently coded, if the clockwork assault rifle were a magic weapon, each use would count towards 3 of the 7. The prismatic spray goes off a bunch of times in a single use, so you can see why the mana bolts would be going haywire.

tldr; I'm gonna rework it's effect so its more consistent and stuff like that doesnt happen

Damn, I was just about to make a bard run. The build already has far fewer options and accessories than the vanilla classes (a gap which goes through the roof for every other mod you're running) and now it's even weaker.

Got a question: Is the Borean Strider Supposed to have it's back popped on summon after the first defeat? And is it supposed to not give a spawn message not even on random spawns (the eight legged menace thing) even when it is the first time it does? Is that a bug with the mod or an incompatibility with something else I got installed? (only other big mod I got is calamity other than that, only interface stuff like what mod is this from and wing slot)

Hey is the tambourine and drum mallets not meant to use inspiration?
[doublepost=1507475889,1507475785][/doublepost]
Got a question: Is the Borean Strider Supposed to have it's back popped on summon after the first defeat? And is it supposed to not give a spawn message not even on random spawns (the eight legged menace thing) even when it is the first time it does? Is that a bug with the mod or an incompatibility with something else I got installed? (only other big mod I got is calamity other than that, only interface stuff like what mod is this from and wing slot)
Here's the possible reasons:
1) You may have the egg sack disabled if you have cheat sheet
2) If you're playing multiplayer, random bugs like that are very common
3) I think you can disable chat... I *think*
4) You may be using an older version
[doublepost=1507475921][/doublepost]
Damn, I was just about to make a bard run. The build already has far fewer options and accessories than the vanilla classes (a gap which goes through the roof for every other mod you're running) and now it's even weaker.
They were really op, seriously, they were super op
[doublepost=1507476217][/doublepost]
Snippity Snip, the message was too long, so I snipped it :p
You are near the Aquatic Depths. The marine blocks are within radius of you

dont usually ask questions about player made content but. will there be a complete furniture set for Yew Wood?. also, have you thought of adding a hardmode desert and pre-hardmode tundra bosses, along with maybe, hardmode biome bosses for hallow, corruption and crimson? just for completion.

i ask because well, i've looked at the premises at other mods in the forum and honestly, Thorium seems like the most close to the vanilla experience and well, there's so much places left missing in content. i like what you did with the Ocean biome so i was wondering if the other biomes will receive the same treatment (or at least the ones that dont have 2 bosses yet. also, rain doesnt have a miniboss for example).

Last edited:
There seems to be a bug with the otherworldly rune mount, if i activate it on the ground it works like it should, but if i activate it in the air it loses the ability to hover. Landing and flying again fixes it, but it's still quite an annoying bug.

Here's the possible reasons:
1) You may have the egg sack disabled if you have cheat sheet
2) If you're playing multiplayer, random bugs like that are very common
3) I think you can disable chat... I *think*
4) You may be using an older version

Updated the mod before writing testing it again beforehand, also same problem occuring in SP and in MP exactly the same, no difference, no cheat sheet installed either, using Hero for the server administration options, did try it with hero disabled too, same problem, did not touch chat messages either, any other ideas why he has no egg sac and no spawn message?

Exceptionally odd, frustrating, Thorium-specific bug here.

I have a problem with disappearing furniture.
It's... bizarre.

Furniture, bushes, paintings, the tops of trees, it all just becomes completely invisible past certain points on the map.
The furniture is still clearly there; light producing tiles still produce their light and the furniture can be mined up just like any other normal piece of furniture would be, it just- simply doesn't look like it's there. This all began around 2 Thorium patches ago, and at this point in time I'm pretty sick of it. It's only occurring on one world, and only in a specific place near (0,0) on that world, right by where we're building our village.
I narrowed it down to Thorium being the mod that causes the problem by running all of my other mods minus Thorium and not experiencing the problem, then running ONLY Thorium and experiencing it.

It'll make more sense in the attached screenshots.

For reference, the quite extensive list of mods we're using is as follows:
Recipe Browser
Thorium Mod
Yet Another Boss Health Bar
Wildlife Mod
Bouncy Coins
AlchemistNPC
The Shapeshifter
Fun Death Sounds
Dreamscape
Lottery
Better Yoyos