tModLoader The Thorium Mod

i didnt have access to Black weapons at the time. i changed my strat by opening further a pocket inside the Abyssal Depths and using Spectre Armor with Hood. Hydromancer's Catalyst + Terra Staff + Black Hole Cannon gives enough health per second to survive the encounter, allthought the fight is really long.

i was thinking on getting the fishron mount but i couldnt find truffle worms so went with the merfolk form instead. would have been cool to fight him with the Naga Skin Armor but for the same stats, Spectre gives much more, even with almost half damage cut off.

anyways. do the devs have something planned regarding NPCs? i dont mean adding more but i noticed that Thorium NPCs have a problem with doors. if you leave one door open they dont mind and behave like normal but they dont seem to be able to open(and close) doors on their own. also, they try to get out of enclosure even whent they are covered from hostiles.

i mean. if the house is closed, and its night time, they sit perfectly like a normal NPC but even the smallest slime startles them and start moving around inside the place. i've seen the Guide do this in vanilla when i open a door and there are enemies around but the cook or the others does so at the first hostile/neutral that comes close to the house.

anyways. do the devs have something planned regarding NPCs? i dont mean adding more but i noticed that Thorium NPCs have a problem with doors. if you leave one door open they dont mind and behave like normal but they dont seem to be able to open(and close) doors on their own. also, they try to get out of enclosure even whent they are covered from hostiles.

i mean. if the house is closed, and its night time, they sit perfectly like a normal NPC but even the smallest slime startles them and start moving around inside the place. i've seen the Guide do this in vanilla when i open a door and there are enemies around but the cook or the others does so at the first hostile/neutral that comes close to the house.
I can second this, too. The NPCs panic easily, end up opening doors to let monsters in, and they get hung up on doors really easily... I've spent two minutes trying to figure out where, say, the Confused Zombie is, then I see an NPC standing at an edge-of-building door, open the door, and all the NPCs on that floor turn out to be stacked there, staring at the door; once I open it, they go back to their usual routine. And oh look... there's the Zombie.

they also tend to overlap between each other. several times i tried to go with the Cobbler to get my shoes done and he was unreachable because the blacksmith or another was placed over him.

So I have a compatibility problem. I use bothCalamity and Thorium but there is an interaction that isn't happening properly. I ama Summoner and I am currently using the Ethereal Subjucator from Calamity, and I am also using the Morale Banner from Thorium. The problem, from what I can deduce, is that the Ethereal Subjucator only uses a half slot per minion, which causes the banner to notsee that I have any active minions summoned. Is there any chance this could be patched?

I think its coming to that point fellas. Thorium interest is coming to a close, with players seeking different content than what I aimed to provide. It's natural for a community's interest to shift after all. I believe next update will be my last substantial one, with any new ones primarily being bug fixes and optimizations. I wanna thank you guys for sticking with me as long as you did, it means more to me than you can imagine.

Regardless, new update guys, please enjoy.

1.4.3.2 Change log
-Click Here-

I think its coming to that point fellas. Thorium interest is coming to a close, with players seeking different content than what I aimed to provide. It's natural for a community's interest to shift after all. I believe next update will be my last substantial one, with any new ones primarily being bug fixes and optimizations. I wanna thank you guys for sticking with me as long as you did, it means more to me than you can imagine.

1.4.3.2 Change log
-Click Here-
that's not true! we all enjoy this mod very much and want to see more! I love this mod so much and want to see it thrive for as long as possible! from the Bard and Healer to the Thrower and the new biome in the ocean! this mod isn't at an end yet, so don't give up on it please!

first of all, Thank you for this awesome mod and all that you have done to enhance it. this is the best terraria add-on that i have ever seen. it just adds so much balanced, amazing content that just blows my mind, and i dont think that anything will hold a candle to this amazing experience.

second, i don't really think that community interest in the mod has deteriorated by much. the only reason it is not at the top of popularity is because everyone already has downloaded it and loves it, and there are now other options. so many mods just trying to hold the #1 spot like this one did for so long. the competition is getting better, and that just means more great mods to enjoy.

i hope this doesn't mean that you will stop making mods. you are an amazing, talented mod creator who is constantly listening to feedback, and that has led this creation of yours to greatness, and may lead other things you make to amazing heights as well. you have a fan-base, and we will try out any mod you make in the future.

i cannot thank you enough for this amazing experience.

1.4.3.2 Change log
-Click Here-

If u decide so u should make then a Last Big Update with the most desire Ideas u had and want to see alive in the mod to giving it the finishing touch so u can move on to an eventually another Project with a Clean Mind. ( My View)

Good Luck

1.4.3.2 Change log
-Click Here-
One, cool update bro. Two, I don't think interest in the mod is waning that much. It's just that there are ALOT of mods out now. As someone said before me
I don't really think that community interest in the mod has deteriorated by much. the only reason it is not at the top of popularity is because everyone already has downloaded it and loves it, and there are now other options. so many mods just trying to hold the #1 spot like this one did for so long. the competition is getting better, and that just means more great mods to enjoy!

Thorium was the gateway into modded terraria for myself and my friends, and we regard it as the best modded multiplayer experience for Terraria. The amount of content put into this mod and how well polished it is, is truly astounding. I hope you all will continue to create modded content, whether it’s for thorium or something entirely new or different.

1.4.3.2 Change log
-Click Here-
First off I want to say thank you and the team for their hard work and dedication. After logging in over 2700 hours of Terraria, I decided to add mods (Thorium being the first) and must admit it is one of the best additions to the game I have played. The mod add so much and in a way that is conducive to experimentation and enjoyment. I wanted to sign up to the forums just to let you know you work is appreciated (and I will be donating).

Honestly, Thorium is one of my go-to mods as well, so it's kinda sad to hear you want to hang up the coat on this... :/ But, since you've done so much already, I can hardly blame you. Thank you for everything that you've allowed me to do in Terraria and for all the adventures I got to have because of your mod with my friends.

1.4.3.2 Change log
-Click Here-
if you really think there is nothing more to do with this mod, then I ask you to go back to page 492 where I suggested a fully flushed out sentry summoner I called the defender and see what you could come up with based around the guideline I made with this new style of playing the game, please though, nobody wants to see this mod end yet

1.4.3.2 Change log
-Click Here-
I think you're daft, personally. Thorium is the biggest provider of modded content that I've enjoyed. It's VERY expansive and ambitious, and does a lot to re-invent the experience of Terraria. Still, if you're burnt out and you just want to move on, that's reasonable... but if you think we're tired of what you've accomplished here, hellllllll no! I've been waiting to see what else you bring to the game!

Edit: Oh, um... I also got a Spartan's Subwoofer in Expert pre-Hardmode. Not sure when, but looked and there it was. I think it may have been during a Dungeon run, but I can't swear by it.

Last edited:
My entire friend group on Discord of over 30 people all agree Thorium is the first mod we ever suggest for new players to download when they buy Terraria. It is NOT waning in popularity, absolutely everyone I know praises it endlessly. I urge you to keep your spirits up and continue adding content, because the content Thorium provides is some of the highest quality Terraria modding has to offer.

Someone else is having this problem?
This is the 5th world i'm trying to create since the new update came out.

Attachments

• crash.png
    crash.png
    813.5 KB · Views: 313
Sam, we wouldn't be so enamored by this mod if it weren't for how hard you worked on it or all of your ideas. Don't listen to people who demand changes for everything, because those exist everywhere. The only way to make something you truly enjoy is by being content with it yourself, not seeking to please as many people as possible.
Thank you VERY MUCH for Thorium.

Back
Top Bottom