tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I think its coming to that point fellas. Thorium interest is coming to a close, with players seeking different content than what I aimed to provide. It's natural for a community's interest to shift after all. I believe next update will be my last substantial one, with any new ones primarily being bug fixes and optimizations. I wanna thank you guys for sticking with me as long as you did, it means more to me than you can imagine.

Regardless, new update guys, please enjoy.

1.4.3.2 Change log
-Click Here-
We all love your mod, and we are all sad to see it go, if you want it to end, but we understand if you need a break or want to do something else entirely, and you have done a fantastic job with your wonderful/amazing/outstanding mod.

After I updated, when I had had any item in the second slot for dual wielding, it started to duplicate my wings and mount only when i was using the weapon where the second item was.

Didja drink an insect repellent? If so, might wanna update and relog in with your character.

No.

um... could you explain what happened? was there an error message or something?

Tried to load my world after a good 40 problem-free hours, "Load failed - no backup found". Tried loading it without mods, no dice. No backup files in the worlds folder. Nothing. World is dead for no reason.

No.

Tried to load my world after a good 40 problem-free hours, "Load failed - no backup found". Tried loading it without mods, no dice. No backup files in the worlds folder. Nothing. World is dead for no reason.

I'm gonna ask an obvious question, and I don't mean it as an insult; are you new to using tModLoader? tModLoader has its own Worlds folder, and how to access your vanilla files is covered in the Official tModLoader Help Thread's FAQ section.

This thread is specifically for the Thorium mod, not for tModLoader in general.

No.

Sounds to me like it's lost, sadly.

In addition to what Jabberwocky said above, take this as a lesson to *always* back up your worlds manually, especially the ones you invest a lot of work into -- same goes for player characters. Using multiple mods can do all sorts of crazy things to corrupt characters and worlds even when you're careful. In my experience, an automatic backup of your world file probably wouldn't have helped much anyway. The problem with auto-backups is once your main world file gets major problems, often times simultaneously so does the backup. So I'd make a manual backup every now and then when you know a world is still stable.

It sucks you burned 40 hours into a world you can't come back to, but at least you can learn from this.

AAAANND this mod is back on top of popularity. tremor must've enjoyed its whole 6 hours on top of the leaderboard xD
yeah, the moment people hear it will be at the end of its cycle, people go nuts, there is still more this mod can do and nobody wants to see it end, so we all want to tell DivermanSam that so we can keep going

nuuuuuuuuuu! this mod cannot end. there's a lot of materials sitting around that still dont have much use outside of crafting armor/weapons. also, there's furniture sets that need to be finished (Yew Wood mostly) :(

I think its coming to that point fellas. Thorium interest is coming to a close, with players seeking different content than what I aimed to provide. It's natural for a community's interest to shift after all. I believe next update will be my last substantial one, with any new ones primarily being bug fixes and optimizations. I wanna thank you guys for sticking with me as long as you did, it means more to me than you can imagine.

Regardless, new update guys, please enjoy.

1.4.3.2 Change log
-Click Here-

Thank you for all your hard work, Sam! Thorium is my favorite mod next to Spirit and I truly appreciate all the amazing content that your mod adds to my Terraria worlds.

Indeed, thank you for all the incredible work @DivermanSam !!!

Thorium is my favorite mod of all, was my first mod I ever played back on tAPI and older modding methods. This mod has come a very long way, and in my opinion is the most properly coded and balanced mod. While Spirit and Calamity are neat, and I use them too, I consider Thorium to be the "base" of every playthrough. All the sprites look like they belong in the game, and it feels so official, and is the least buggy(Let's also not forget the incredible Thorium Wiki!). I cannot thank you enough for adding so much splendid content to one of the best games ever made. I hope that you somehow get a second wind and continue developing more Thorium because Terraria still has a LOT of hidden potential within it, and I totally believe that Terraria's best days are still ahead of it, not behind it.

We've got at least two Terraria updates in the pipe. I'm hoping that at the very least you'll be willing to fix the mod if it breaks with a new update or give someone who has the knowledge to code permission to do so. I use this mod in every world I create and would hate to lose it permanently because an update to the game breaks it.

Back
Top Bottom