tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Wow guys, first to 1 million total mod browser downloads... When I started this mod a couple years ago, I never thought it would become as popular as it is now. Going from a measly 120 items and a couple npcs to having over 1600 items, many armor sets, enemies, bosses, classes, a biome, etc. really goes to show what you can achieve if you just keep at it and don't give up. As I'm sure most of you know by now, Thorium dev is coming to a close. I can't keep adding items to the mod without bloating every single spot in progression. That said, it is my plan to improve some boring/seemingly pointless weapons, such as the hardmode swords with proper and cool effects (no more right click to hit harder nonsense). So while new content will largely stop, improvements to effects, code and bug fixes will still continue for a time. I'll always keep the mod up to date with the latest tModLoader, so don't worry about that either. With all that in mind, I hope I've made the modding community happy. Love you guys to death.

Things I can promise before development closes:
- Queen jellyfish rework
- Dying Reality rework
- Blacksmith specialty
- Hardmode sword changes
- Bard instrument noise fluctuations
- Some new bard weapons and existing item changes
- Some new paintings
- Some new blocks
- Content balancing
- Something special for 1 mil
How about Ragnarök bard gear?:)

ok, so, first... Bard instrument fluctuation... you mean like how the magic harp changes sound depending on where the cursor is on screen?
second, guess this means no fully flushed out defender like I wanted, which is a bummer, but I'll be fine
third, great to hear that even though this mod isn't going to receive more content updates it will keep up to date with TModLoader
and last, I can't wait to see what you have in mind to celebrate 1 million downloads

Wow guys, first to 1 million total mod browser downloads... When I started this mod a couple years ago, I never thought it would become as popular as it is now. Going from a measly 120 items and a couple npcs to having over 1600 items, many armor sets, enemies, bosses, classes, a biome, etc. really goes to show what you can achieve if you just keep at it and don't give up. As I'm sure most of you know by now, Thorium dev is coming to a close. I can't keep adding items to the mod without bloating every single spot in progression. That said, it is my plan to improve some boring/seemingly pointless weapons, such as the hardmode swords with proper and cool effects (no more right click to hit harder nonsense). So while new content will largely stop, improvements to effects, code and bug fixes will still continue for a time. I'll always keep the mod up to date with the latest tModLoader, so don't worry about that either. With all that in mind, I hope I've made the modding community happy. Love you guys to death.

Things I can promise before development closes:
- Queen jellyfish rework
- Dying Reality rework
- Blacksmith specialty
- Hardmode sword changes
- Bard instrument noise fluctuations
- Some new bard weapons and existing item changes
- Some new paintings
- Some new blocks
- Content balancing
- Something special for 1 mil
Thanks to you for all the beautiful times you and your mod gave to us. Love ya too:passionate:

Congratulations on a whooping one million downloads. This mod deserves it. I must say, I've seen this mod come a very long way. I even remembered playing it back when it was a smaller mod for tConfig way back in the 1.1 days. Then I played the tAPI version for 1.2 that was a lot bigger in scope. Now this is one of the biggest content mods for 1.3. I've gone through so many play throughs with this mod installed. I suppose development has to come to an end at some point without adding a lot of clutter. I am glad to hear that Bard Ragnarok gear is coming because I knew I couldn't have been the only one to notice that currently missing when even the healer has Ragnarok gear.

Grats on a million mod browser downloads! I remember having tons of fun back in tAPI, when Terrarium was the best gear. Arguably the best mod for tModloader!

Earlier today, I was in some Marble Cave and tried to catch a butterfly, but it turned into Blinkroot. :confused: I think it was supposed to be a Blinkroot Butterfly. I'm pretty sure I have the latest Thorium update. I didn't update to tmodloader v0.10.1.1 yet, so it was v0.10.1.

Earlier today, I was in some Marble Cave and tried to catch a butterfly, but it turned into Blinkroot. :confused: I think it was supposed to be a Blinkroot Butterfly. I'm pretty sure I have the latest Thorium update. I didn't update to tmodloader v0.10.1.1 yet, so it was v0.10.1.
That's 100% intended. Certain butterflies have a small chance to drop their associated item instead of the butterfly themselves.

Love this mod, really spices up the game a LOT. Congrats on 1mil downloads. In reply to my previous bug issue (Inspiration Notes going into inventory instead of buffing) I believe it was a conflict between Thorium and Kalciphoz's RPG Mod. I disabled RPG Mod and it fixed it right up.

Thank you ^_^

Last edited:
How do I Revert my Tmodloader's Terraria Version from 1.3.5.2 to 1.3.5.1 and the TmodLoader to 0.10.1 instead of 0.10.1.1? If anyone can show me how, I would appreciate it!

i would make it so that it drops the item alongside the butterfly so that itdoesnt get frustrating when trying to do something with butterflies. also, around ~25 million PC copies have been sold. that meas that 1/25 of the people who have this game have this mod. that should be in the book of world reconds it's so much of the terraria playerbase

Love the mod and congrats on the 1 million downloads! Never had any issue with it except for today. My brother and I have thoroughly explored the dungeon and we're 99% certain we've opened every chest in here and have not found a Bone Reaper. Is this just insanely bad luck or has anybody else had problems finding one? Thanks again for the mod!

Love the mod and congrats on the 1 million downloads! Never had any issue with it except for today. My brother and I have thoroughly explored the dungeon and we're 99% certain we've opened every chest in here and have not found a Bone Reaper. Is this just insanely bad luck or has anybody else had problems finding one? Thanks again for the mod!
Unfortunately, like normal dungeon loot, its not guaranteed to appear in a chest. Sorry for the bad luck :(

Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the best place to post potential bugs but I asked in the Discord and didn't seem to get a response.

For the Quasar's Flare, the Magic Quiver doesn't seem to be increasing the damage appropriately. I used a menacing one, and the damage only went up by the 4% (The damage when you hover over the weapon) So it seems the modifier for the accessory is working, but the 10% on the quiver is not. I tested with the Omni-Bow and Blood Bow, and they both received the correct damage addition, so it just seems to be a problem with the Quasar.

I did notice the velocity increase is working, from what I could tell in game.

I don't know if the incorrect damage reading is just a visual bug on the UI or not. But I thought I'd let you all know.

By the way, congrats on the million downloads, this mod is pretty awesome :D

Edit: Now that I do some more testing, the Omni-Cannon doesn't appear to receive the correct damage increase from some accessory rolls, this could be intended, just the way the engine calculates things behind the scenes, but I just felt the need to add anyway.

Last edited:
Well I have been away for a while. Congratulations on reaching 1 million downloads, that really goes to show how awesome this mod is. I am slightly sad to see this mod come to a close, but as they say "nothing good lasts forever." I am glad to see that the mod will be maintained for the foreseeable future however, since I have come to rely so heavily on the features and gear of this mod. I wish you the best of luck in finishing this mod and also to whatever you decide to do afterwards. :happy:

That all being said, I was wondering if there was any consideration of adding wings to the luminite-tier sets? Basically just the celestial and balladeer sets. I realize its not really fair to ask for things at this point, but it was just a thought I had.

I am slightly sad to see this mod come to a close, but as they say "nothing good lasts forever."
Not sure if I'd fully agree with this. Thorium is a great mod and filled with a bunch of content. IMO the best thing to do is to eventually call it quits, it is a mod after all and not the base game itself. Continuing to add more content to an already really big mod of the game will only bloat it to the point where things are no longer necessity and makes it more difficult to flesh out the mod with regard to coherence.

Back
Top Bottom