tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I was going through the items list in Hero’s mod, and was originally looking for the reality slasher, but when I typed in “reality” there was an item with no texture, and it said “dying reality’s tear.” I tried it out on some bosses, and it was so fun to use! Please tell me that this will be added as an end game drop in a later update.

throwing class is made to be another glass cannon build, so as long as your dodging game is good, you shouldn't struggle at all, its not OP at all... I struggle with glass cannon builds personally...
In hindsight I was destroying Ragnarok because of the White Dwarf armor set bonus (throwing crits cause white dwarf thingies to appear that deal 10% of the enemy's full health). This set bonus should be nerfed so that people don't exploit it to destroy bosses.

In hindsight I was destroying Ragnarok because of the White Dwarf armor set bonus (throwing crits cause white dwarf thingies to appear that deal 10% of the enemy's full health). This set bonus should be nerfed so that people don't exploit it to destroy bosses.
Damn that's pretty powerful.
It reminds me of Ancient Armour from Portrait of Ruin, that makes any damage you take become 10% of your maximum HP. That was also very powerful.

Now I've played through Bard and Healer class. As far as Bard is concerned, I have no issues with it and it is a fun addition to the game. Just waiting for the Post-Ragnarok tier of Bard stuff. I think it would be cool to have more "vocal" symphonic weapons, such as more stuff like the Microphone and Hallowed Megaphone. Perhaps a Karaoke Microphone?
As for healer...
I know it's supposed to be a multiplayer support class, but I would like to see more things that are geared toward single-player Healers. More stuff like the Ebon Armor, more Radiant Weapons, and more stuff like the Dream Weaver's Helmet.
Also expert Ragnarok is EXTREMELY hard as a healer, if you attempt it, prepare for a VERY long boss fight lasting at least 15 mins.

I know it's supposed to be a multiplayer support class, but I would like to see more things that are geared toward single-player Healers. More stuff like the Ebon Armor, more Radiant Weapons, and more stuff like the Dream Weaver's Helmet.
Also expert Ragnarok is EXTREMELY hard as a healer, if you attempt it, prepare for a VERY long boss fight lasting at least 15 mins.

I would very much like to see this too.
As for the Ragnarok battle, is that in a world with Expert mode enabled?

Now I've played through Bard and Healer class. As far as Bard is concerned, I have no issues with it and it is a fun addition to the game. Just waiting for the Post-Ragnarok tier of Bard stuff. I think it would be cool to have more "vocal" symphonic weapons, such as more stuff like the Microphone and Hallowed Megaphone. Perhaps a Karaoke Microphone?
As for healer...
Glad to see I'm not the only one that has tried to solo the healer class. And yeah, Ragnarok is tough as a healer, prior to the removal of Touch of Omnicide (the countdown to black debuff) It actually was impossible because Omnicide has just too much health for a healer's DPS. But then again my playthrough is outdated, maybe if I played the latest version with all the new healer stuff I'd have another opinion(P.S: a starter healer weapon made with basic items and no purified shards in the recipe would avoid being defenceless on the very start).

A friend and I just spawned and killed the Grand Thunder Bird, except his boss theme was extremely loud, I have all my sound at 50% and that theme was at least 3x louder than the normal in-game themes.

Also, I know it's been reported 2-3 times already, last time being roughly half a year ago, but the Butterfly Emblem still cause butterflies (and sometimes other critters), to blink in and out of existance and behave in a paranormal way.

Last edited:
I've also done a solo Healer playthrough. Here's my impressions, smallified because it's a wall:

-Pre-Hardmode, the Poison Prickler nearly trivializes all bosses. I say "nearly" because in order to hit with it, you have to get very close and risk taking contact damage or getting hit with projectiles point-blank, but the damage is so incredible it almost doesn't matter. The Crimson Scythe trivializes the Brain--you can literally just stand there and hold Attack in the second phase and you'll slowly win--and I imagine the Dark Scythe does the same for the Eater, plus they still do great damage to bosses at close range. This kind of builds a playstyle I really enjoy for pre-Hardmode Paladin (that's what I call solo/aggro Healer) of getting in boss' faces and throwing down. The Omen then feels sort of pointless--as a mid-range weapon, the Poison Prickler is simply stronger, and to hit multiple targets the Scythes are better if you don't mind getting risky. I literally overlapped the Granite Energy Storm with a Blood Harvest when it had all its Energies around it and shredded them, it was sort of sweet.

-Another mention is the Life Quartz Claymore. For early bosses, it's sweet for sustain, and it does decent damage. Its range is way too short and its arc way too awkward to actually use it against the bosses themselves, though--only bother hitting the minions with it, like the Grand Thunder Bird's hatchlings. For range, you're stuck with Radiant Water (longer range, bad damage) or Pills (shorter range, better damage, lingers in place so great for charging attacks) but they'll do just fine this early. That is until you can get the Poison Prickler. All bets are off then.

-Pre- and during-Mechanical Bosses, Paladin is sort of a painful class to play. Your best armor is the Warlock armor (the other armors simply don't have high enough power to kill the bosses before the night ends, partly because of the weapons really) and it has a whopping 21 defense. That's lower than the strongest pre-Hardmode Healer armor. By a hair, but still. Dark Contagion is really helpful for taking on Skeletron Prime, but your best weapons are the scythes and the Iridescent Staff for him. They don't do much damage, and worse, the Staff requires you to keep an eye on your Mana.

-Once you get some Hallowed Metal, you can make the Hallowed Scythe and the Holy Blessing. The Hallowed Scythe is good for taking on the Destroyer (but it still takes some dang doin'), and the Holy Blessing is your best option for taking the Twins on... which is sort of sad, because it's not very good. I had to set up my arena with teleporters at either end to even take second form Spazmatism down and it was not very fun.

-After that, you can get Broken Hero Scythes from Mothron, and that's where the fun begins. The Terra Scythe is simply one of the strongest Healer weapons, and even if you can't manage two Scythes, the True Blood Harvest is still fantastic. Either of them is very helpful for taking on Plantera, if you're careful. The Holy Staff can be used to heal yourself, and it's the most effective source I've found so far. If you combine it with the Lost Cross you have a pretty good source of panic heals if you set it up beforehand.

-Once Plantera is down, you can go to the Dungeon and oh boy. Fallen Paladin armor is simply the best armor. Sky-high defenses, damage reduction, life regen, and the highest damage bonuses on Healer armor--so good. The set bonus, like almost every set bonus, is useless in single player, but all the extra stats it gives make up for that. You can also get the Holy Hammer, which is the other best weapon. The Friendly Fire Staff and Spirit Bender's Staff aren't too strong, with the main issue being that they take mana and the Fallen Paladin armor is not equipped for that.

-Things start to go downhill from here. The next Radiant weapon you find is the Pill Popper, which doesn't have higher damage than the Holy Hammer. In fact, it's about the same, and it doesn't have homing or range. The Christmas Cheer is a worse Terra Scythe--less projectiles means less damage, the higher base power does not make up for it. The Terrarium Holy Scythe, again, is not stronger than the Terra Scythe--which is a problem, because by now the Terra Scythe is starting to fall behind, and so is the Holy Hammer. The Celestial Burst Staff, in theory, has higher DPS than the Holy Hammer, but its projectile velocity is poor, it has no homing, it's piercing so most of the shots are wasted, and it costs way too much mana. And once you finally punch your way through the Moon Lord, the Life or Death has less DPS than the Celestial Burst Staff, which means it's getting compared to the Holy Hammer... and it has about the same DPS, with slower projectiles and *a mana cost*.

-I couldn't beat the Ragnarok with just the Terra Scythe and Holy Hammer. I just couldn't. So out of pure curiosity I spawned in the Reality Slasher and Lucidity to see how they worked and was pleased with how absurdly powerful they are (I trashed them after testing, in case you're wondering). And I got to wondering, why such a jump? The Burst Staff's damage isn't even in the ballpark one block over, and it--oh. Right. After a certain point, Radiant weapons just start being about hurting enemies and healing allies at the same time, so as a result their damage is cut short. But the Ragnarok Healer weapons are pure damage. I don't see why Healer weapons need to be about healing when they already have dozens of healing tools to heal with, but it does mean that I have to take on the Moon Lord and the Ragnarok with equipment three or four gear tiers old because they're still the best ones. Maaan...

I'd like to see some weapon updates. Maybe actually add some lootable Radiant weapons to bosses and enemies--all the Healer drops from enemies are healing tools, which is sort of disappointing because there is, I feel, a simply excessive amount. When the Sunray Staff got added, I got really excited 'cause that *sounds* like a weapon, like there's no way right? But no, it's the thirty-third healing tool. I don't feel like that many is necessary, personally, but that might be my bias speaking.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't know that that word would get censored. That looks sort of funny, aha.

For some reason, when i use the Serpent's Bubble Wand on my friend, it increases the amount of healing he receive by thousands and stacks each time i cast the spell again. And the healing bonus still work without the bubble.

Sorry for bad english.
upload_2018-1-27_23-18-59.png

Last edited:
I've also done a solo Healer playthrough. Here's my impressions, smallified because it's a wall:

-Pre-Hardmode, the Poison :red:ler nearly trivializes all bosses. I say "nearly" because in order to hit with it, you have to get very close and risk taking contact damage or getting hit with projectiles point-blank, but the damage is so incredible it almost doesn't matter. The Crimson Scythe trivializes the Brain--you can literally just stand there and hold Attack in the second phase and you'll slowly win--and I imagine the Dark Scythe does the same for the Eater, plus they still do great damage to bosses at close range. This kind of builds a playstyle I really enjoy for pre-Hardmode Paladin (that's what I call solo/aggro Healer) of getting in boss' faces and throwing down. The Omen then feels sort of pointless--as a mid-range weapon, the Poison :red:ler is simply stronger, and to hit multiple targets the Scythes are better if you don't mind getting risky. I literally overlapped the Granite Energy Storm with a Blood Harvest when it had all its Energies around it and shredded them, it was sort of sweet.

-Another mention is the Life Quartz Claymore. For early bosses, it's sweet for sustain, and it does decent damage. Its range is way too short and its arc way too awkward to actually use it against the bosses themselves, though--only bother hitting the minions with it, like the Grand Thunder Bird's hatchlings. For range, you're stuck with Radiant Water (longer range, bad damage) or Pills (shorter range, better damage, lingers in place so great for charging attacks) but they'll do just fine this early. That is until you can get the Poison :red:ler. All bets are off then.

-Pre- and during-Mechanical Bosses, Paladin is sort of a painful class to play. Your best armor is the Warlock armor (the other armors simply don't have high enough power to kill the bosses before the night ends, partly because of the weapons really) and it has a whopping 21 defense. That's lower than the strongest pre-Hardmode Healer armor. By a hair, but still. Dark Contagion is really helpful for taking on Skeletron Prime, but your best weapons are the scythes and the Iridescent Staff for him. They don't do much damage, and worse, the Staff requires you to keep an eye on your Mana.

-Once you get some Hallowed Metal, you can make the Hallowed Scythe and the Holy Blessing. The Hallowed Scythe is good for taking on the Destroyer (but it still takes some dang doin'), and the Holy Blessing is your best option for taking the Twins on... which is sort of sad, because it's not very good. I had to set up my arena with teleporters at either end to even take second form Spazmatism down and it was not very fun.
Poison Pr!ckler is so powerful that I used it to beat Destroyer. 'Nuff said.
I ended up using Blood Transfusion to take on the Twins and Prime. It's not a very high DPS weapon, but the lifesteal is insane for this point in the game. Would be nice if it had some extra special effect...

Poison Pr!ckler is so powerful that I used it to beat Destroyer. 'Nuff said.
I ended up using Blood Transfusion to take on the Twins and Prime. It's not a very high DPS weapon, but the lifesteal is insane for this point in the game. Would be nice if it had some extra special effect...
That's right, it does have the lance-style piercing thrust. That would do it.

Blood Transfusion? I dismissed it at first, because I thought the heal was gonna be like 1HP a shot and so not really worth it... How is it, really?

EDIT: Wow, ok, 3 per shot, and with that fire rate that's pretty nuts. Not only that, it actually seems to have higher DPS than the Hallowed Blessing because of the fire rate... Wish I'd found this when I was trying to take out the Twins, though it would've still been an ordeal.

Last edited:
@Angel2357 You mentioned that the weapons that you can get after the Terra Scythe simply aren't that great, and the same issue goes with the armor. After Fallen Paladin, the damage and defense bonuses of the Celestial and Dreamweaver armor are way lower. Not even close.
Also, if you are willing to play Thorium with a few quality of life mods, the Unlimited Mana accessories from the Luiafk mod are great for playing healer class. Although the earlier upgrades of the accessory decrease magic damage, this ONLY applies to magic damage. Radiant damage is not affected, so as for the spore cloud of the Poison Pr!ckler, spam away!

hey i've been wanting to play thorium for a while but every time i try to play it will either crash my game or my computer(the explination is that an mp3 file is missing)
[doublepost=1517273874,1517273589][/doublepost]ok i found out the missing mp3 its "sounds/custom/metalclank.mp3" this ethier prevents me from playing or crashes me

@Angel2357 You mentioned that the weapons that you can get after the Terra Scythe simply aren't that great, and the same issue goes with the armor. After Fallen Paladin, the damage and defense bonuses of the Celestial and Dreamweaver armor are way lower. Not even close.

The Dream Weaver armor with the Helmet has a total of 90% extra radiant damage and +16% radiant crit chance, so it IS stronger. The defense really isn't quite as good, especially considering it lacks the damage reduction and life regeneration, but its set bonus actually affects the user so it's worth using for that.

So i am new to this mod. when i use a bard weapon i keep getting this big white block above my head. I kinda understand it is suppose to be my inspiration meter. But i cant see this bc of the white block covering the meter. after the effect from the weapon it does show a glimpse of what it looks like for 1 sec. how can i fix this. i have already cycled thou all my options and nothing helps

Im having a problem, each time i fire a Bard weapon my game crashes a few secs after with something about boolean and idk what else, is this a known bug?

Im having a problem, each time i fire a Bard weapon my game crashes a few secs after with something about boolean and idk what else, is this a known bug?
Not that I'm aware of, but the dev team would have a better idea of the known bugs. But in order for them to help you, you're going to have to provide more information.

• What is the specific error message you get when the game crashes? (Screenshot preferred, but copy/paste of text works, too.) It may not make sense to you, but odds are it'll make sense to the devs.
  • What mods are you using when the game crashes? Does the crash occur with just Thorium active, or only with a specific combination of mods? (This will help determine if there is a conflict between Thorium and one of the other mods you are using, or if it's just an issue with Thorium.)
  • Any other information that you feel might be relevant.
(This list is not intended to be complete. There may be other information that would help the devs solve this issue. That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.)

Not that I'm aware of, but the dev team would have a better idea of the known bugs. But in order for them to help you, you're going to have to provide more information.

• What is the specific error message you get when the game crashes? (Screenshot preferred, but copy/paste of text works, too.) It may not make sense to you, but odds are it'll make sense to the devs.
  • What mods are you using when the game crashes? Does the crash occur with just Thorium active, or only with a specific combination of mods? (This will help determine if there is a conflict between Thorium and one of the other mods you are using, or if it's just an issue with Thorium.)
  • Any other information that you feel might be relevant.
(This list is not intended to be complete. There may be other information that would help the devs solve this issue. That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.)
that, and if you are using the latest version of TModLoader and Thorium... though it is highly recommended to have the latest version, and that is kind of a given... if you can provide screenshots that would also help

Back
Top Bottom