tModLoader The Thorium Mod

There are several problems with adding new celestial towers:
  • Where do you put them on the map?
  • How do you properly make them work with the other towers?
  • What if another mod adds another tower?
These and many more are may be the reasons why celestial towers for the new classes haven't been added.

I just realized I was thinking of spirit mod not thorium. So yeah I could see some conflicting problems of every mod did implement towers.

Hey, Diver!! It's been awhile since I've stopped by, but Oh my gosh, that Ancient Drachma is SO cute. I also like that those scythes are now in chests. GREAT job.

There are several problems with adding new celestial towers:
  • Where do you put them on the map?
  • How do you properly make them work with the other towers?
  • What if another mod adds another tower?
These and many more are may be the reasons why celestial towers for the new classes haven't been added.

I just realized I was thinking of spirit mod not thorium. So yeah I could see some conflicting problems of every mod did implement towers.
well Tremor DID add a celetial pillar to the mix, and it ended up being more than irrelevant. so I guess it's best if we don't touch the vanilla events code-wise

Does the mage hand, Ogre Sandals, or crash boots work on other players in PVP or otherwise?

Last edited:
Hey, Diver!! It's been awhile since I've stopped by, but Oh my gosh, that Ancient Drachma is SO cute. I also like that those scythes are now in chests. GREAT job.
It seems the pets are always cuter compared to their sources, like those based off of enemies. Come to think of it, I ended up using that particular pet quite a bit.

I had mixed results with the dungeon items being put in chests. There's always a chance none will spawn at all. In that case, you have to create fishing hole in the dungeon which has a rather high spawn rate, than there's a small chance of actually getting a dungeon crate. There's even a smaller chance of it containing a lockbox and even still smaller chance to give a Thorium dungeon item. Various mods, including one I made that makes dungeon crates always contain at least one lockbox, makes this process so much easier.

It seems the pets are always cuter compared to their sources, like those based off of enemies. Come to think of it, I ended up using that particular pet quite a bit.

I had mixed results with the dungeon items being put in chests. There's always a chance none will spawn at all. In that case, you have to create fishing hole in the dungeon which has a rather high spawn rate, than there's a small chance of actually getting a dungeon crate. There's even a smaller chance of it containing a lockbox and even still smaller chance to give a Thorium dungeon item. Various mods, including one I made that makes dungeon crates always contain at least one lockbox, makes this process so much easier.
Those scythes were cluttering up my inventory. I like to praise, and felt bad asking someone how to turn something off the other day- which I never do. I know how much work goes into what they do, so I REALLY appreciate everything. Diver has been, next to Grox, my favorite modder in this community. He always is full of surprises how he's constantly making his mod just that much more balanced. True, the scythe might not spawn. Before, however, I would have a ton of them.

I cannot wait to see what they are going to do about the Bard class. I love this class but in my opinion it needs a bit of work still. Like I know its a support class but the damage output pre hardmode seems a bit low.

Classes shouldn't be "intended for multiplayer". All it does is lock people out of content if they aren't constantly playing with other people because the classes (healer in particular) are objectively worse than the vanilla classes in singleplayer. I don't see the point in advertising 2 new classes (3 if you count Throwing since it was made semi viable) and then leaving them with half the efficiency outside of a select game-type.

Classes shouldn't be "intended for multiplayer". All it does is lock people out of content if they aren't constantly playing with other people because the classes (healer in particular) are objectively worse than the vanilla classes in singleplayer. I don't see the point in advertising 2 new classes (3 if you count Throwing since it was made semi viable) and then leaving them with half the efficiency outside of a select game-type.

I think the added classes are really fun and have some identity to them because they’re focused around multiplayer. Support by design means to help out other players, so naturally they wouldn’t be as strong as pure dps classes.

However, perhaps for single player the player should be able to be disable healer and bard items if they only want single player viable items to drop. (Though bard is honestly alright for solo imo)

Last edited:
I think the added classes are really fun and have some identity to them because they’re focused around multiplayer. Support by design means to help out other players, so naturally they wouldn’t be as strong as pure dps classes.

However, perhaps for single player the player should be able to be disable healer and bard items if they only want single player viable items to drop. (Though bard is honestly alright for solo imo)
to be honest, the simple fact that they are not meant for dps makes them a fun class to solo due to the challenge that ensues. but yeah, Bard is alright for singleplayer

Hello. I found an item "loot-a-rang" in chest from thorium mod and it deals infinite damage (like 7 000 000) to every mob. Also reported in discord bugs thread

Hey Thorium team, would you ever consider adding this magical creature (could act as a hardmode miniboss like the Borean Strider) to the game; "Jungle Ent"? I love these giant trees and I think it would fit perfectly into this mod.

Would be useful if you made older versions of mod available for download. Don't want to update tmodloader just to make other mods break.

Hi! This is a great mod but I'm having trouble with the Butterfly Charm. The charm doesn't seem to spawn butterflies even though I have it in my inventory. Can you help me?

Hi! This is a great mod but I'm having trouble with the Butterfly Charm. The charm doesn't seem to spawn butterflies even though I have it in my inventory. Can you help me?
do you use items that increased spawn rates (water candle,battle potion,zerg potion...etc)?

hey, i was just playing thorium with some friends and i just couldn't resist coming online to say i love it; the new transformation items are such a simple yet intuitive feature, the exotic butterflies happen to be my favorite thing ever, and overall this mod just adds the most amazing things to the game

honestly, half of this stuff should be vanilla

keep it up :pinky:

Am I The Only Person Sad The Thorium Mod Is Getting It's Last Update?
The actual Proper Final Update is quite a ways away, though. We just keep discovering more and more things that can go into this currently panned update, but it's gonna be here eventually.

Since Ragnarok Bard gear is scheduled and the final update is a ways away, any of you devs have an idea when that Bard gear will be dropping? Next update, update after that, or the final update?

Seem to have found a bug :naughty:

When I placed the Digderidoo on the weapon rack, it didn't show the sprite, and then when I tried to retrieve it, I got a Pharaoh's mask instead.
Hope that It'll be fixed soon so others won't experience it. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom