tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Seem to have found a bug :naughty:

When I placed the Digderidoo on the weapon rack, it didn't show the sprite, and then when I tried to retrieve it, I got a Pharaoh's mask instead.
Hope that It'll be fixed soon so others won't experience it. :happy:

Unless they've miraculously managed to fix it sometime in the last few updates, I'm pretty sure that's a longstanding issue with tModLoader itself, rather than any one particular mod. Apparently, vanilla display tiles like item frames and weapon racks don't play well with modded items.

Hey, just poking on to ask if White Dwarf was ever going to get a second weapon and wings?

I love the entire moon lord tier of gear amd would dearly love to see the white dwarf be a complete set.

@DivermanSam I have a question regarding the Monster Hunting Contracts. If you kill a rare contract monster (say Tim) before the contract becomes available but you killed it with same the player and world as the Tracker is in shouldn't that kill automactically count as completing the quest because you killed that monster previously? Or did you design it the way you did to be a massive pain in the :red: so we have to track down the monster and kill it once again?

@DivermanSam I have a question regarding the Monster Hunting Contracts. If you kill a rare contract monster (say Tim) before the contract becomes available but you killed it with same the player and world as the Tracker is in shouldn't that kill automactically count as completing the quest because you killed that monster previously? Or did you design it the way you did to be a massive pain in the :red: so we have to track down the monster and kill it once again?
Judging by my most recent Thorium playthrough, it seems as if out-of-order kills do count, but you won't get credit for them until you complete the prerequisite contracts. So if, for instance, you kill a Nymph before you kill a Gilded Slime, then once you kill one of the Gilded mobs (Gilded Slime, Gilded Bat, or Gilded Lycan) and a Pinky (the contract between the Gilded mobs and the Nymph), you'll basically get credit for all three contracts.

I am playing Bard in singleplayer and struggling heavily against all the mech bosses. Any suggestions? Maybe which one of the three is easier and with which weapons? I've tried using the trombone and the bongos on Destroyer but the laser barrage is way too much for bard's pitiful defenses.

Minor bugs, impact minimal, OCD intensive,
Marine Kelp planter boxes must be supported.
Marine Kelp cannot be harvested with a Staff of Regrowth.

Given their limited use, this isn't detrimental, but it's still mildly bothersome.

A little note, your scarlet chests are making me crash.
I'm afraid that you're not giving the devs enough information for them to help you with your issue. Is the game crashing when you try to open a scarlet chest, when it comes onscreen, or is there some other circumstance that leads you to believe the scarlet chests are at issue? Does the game give you any error messages that might help the devs pinpoint where the problem is when it crashes? Do the crashes occur every time, or just some of the time? Are you running any other mods alongside Thorium, and if so, have you tried disabling the other mods and seeing if the scarlet chests crash the game with just Thorium active? (That last bit is to rule out potential conflicts with other mods as the cause of the crashes.)

I'm afraid that you're not giving the devs enough information for them to help you with your issue. Is the game crashing when you try to open a scarlet chest, when it comes onscreen, or is there some other circumstance that leads you to believe the scarlet chests are at issue? Does the game give you any error messages that might help the devs pinpoint where the problem is when it crashes? Do the crashes occur every time, or just some of the time? Are you running any other mods alongside Thorium, and if so, have you tried disabling the other mods and seeing if the scarlet chests crash the game with just Thorium active? (That last bit is to rule out potential conflicts with other mods as the cause of the crashes.)
Well what happened is that when i was looking at the underworld on the minimap, i noticed there were these red blocks near the underworld. It was when i hovered over the chest with my cursor that everything closed and i got a very big error message, one thing i remember from it was that it said something about a scarlet chest and the thorium mod.
[doublepost=1522703138,1522703049][/doublepost]
I am playing Bard in singleplayer and struggling heavily against all the mech bosses. Any suggestions? Maybe which one of the three is easier and with which weapons? I've tried using the trombone and the bongos on Destroyer but the laser barrage is way too much for bard's pitiful defenses.
You can use this one weapon dropped from the goblin summoner, and it pierces infinitly and can destroy the destroyer. If you beat any other mech bosses you can craft the hallowed megaphone which can also eat the destroyer alive.

I was playing pre hardmode on this mod alongside terraria overhaul and quality of life mods. I had darksteel items and i shot and missed 1 steel arrow in the cavern layer. Somehow this spawned the boss "Coznix the fallen beholder". He had like 17000 health and destroyed me. After looking on the wiki, i noticed that he's a manual spawned hardmode boss. Please help me understand how this may have happend.

I was playing pre hardmode on this mod alongside terraria overhaul and quality of life mods. I had darksteel items and i shot and missed 1 steel arrow in the cavern layer. Somehow this spawned the boss "Coznix the fallen beholder". He had like 17000 health and destroyed me. After looking on the wiki, i noticed that he's a manual spawned hardmode boss. Please help me understand how this may have happend.
coznix is the first harmode boss of thorium after wall of flesh,theres no way that he spawned on those conditions (hardmode and the void lens)but...I read the warning section on the first post and dosent mention about terraria overhaul on mods that may conflict thorium (unless this wasnt updated recently), do this again to replicate the problem (if he spawns again save and quit the game to avoid death) to report this on the discord and give you more help.

Last edited:
coznix is the first harmode boss of thorium after wall of flesh,theres no way that he spawned on those conditions (hardmode and the void lens)but...I read the warning section on the first post and dosent mention about terraria overhaul on mods that may conflict thorium (unless this wasnt updated recently), do this again to replicate the problem (if he spawns again save and quit the game to avoid death) to report this on the discord and give you more help.
I couldn't replicate after 30 minutes of doing so. I swear this happend and i died near instantly. I'd presume this was just a random bug, ill try a few more times to try to replicate it.

Okay, so... I haven't really been playing Terraria for awhile, I took a bit of a break.

I had tried Thorium once before, like at some point last year (I forget when) and I remember the neatness of that new water biome and something about some biome in the underworld, but something pulled me away, I forget what... it might have been FFXIV: Stormblood.

Either way, I've been kinda hankering for some more Terraria, but I didn't really wanna do Vanilla (since I'm waiting on 1.3.6+), and then I remembered... hey there's a mod out there I used to use... I wonder what that's like now?

So I reinstall tMod and Thorium and I start up a game.

Do some spelunking and I happen across some materials and I notice right away, this........Bard........ thing.

I did a flat "......what." and stared at the screen for a second. "Bard? WTF? Why would you put Bards of all things in Terraria of all games?" I thought to myself. I went 'meh' and promptly deleted the piece of cloth I made and went about my business. Didn't think too much of it.

See, most games that do Bards tend to them very.... I don't know. They over-emphasize the support aspect of Bards, and they wind up being either a hybrid, or a pure support that is useless by itself. In FFXIV, Bards are basically archers with harps on their bows. In FFXI, bards were.... useless by themselves.

Well, I decided to fill in a portion of the map and lo and behold, I came across a Flute in a chest. I'm like "lul." and I decide "what the heck, slap it on the hotbar and see what it does."

So I fire off some shots and I'm like "huh this thing shoots pretty fast and it has this neat little gauge on the screen..."

I got to the Ocean and tried to find a Water Chest (there weren't any) when those flute projectiles I was just firing off suddenly home in on something... oh crap, a shark. RUN!

.... the thing was dead before I got back to shore. A shark. I killed a shark with a wooden chest item. Double-You-Tee-Eff.

Well, I went to looking at the wiki and I saw the amazing list of different instruments, supporting accessories, armor sets... I don't know that I would go full bard, but dude, some of those weapons sound rather easy to acquire and look like great backup weapons.

So..... in closing...... congratulations. You guys did the impossible. You somehow managed to implement bard, and do it better than any other game I've ever seen, AND you've managed to implement a whole class better than Re-Logic did with the half-baked throwing class (and arguably it seems better than summoner).

I have a problem, whenever i fight the lich it makes a hissing sound when i kill it and it despawns without dropping anything.

How do you open a scarlet chest? Im playing multiplayer with some friends and none of us can open the chest, when u right click on it nothing happens

Please explain this report form the newest tmodloader...

Attachments

• 20180406121005_1.jpg
    20180406121005_1.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 4,670
Hey uh, apparently the Thorium mod messes with the Duel Wielding mod and it makes it so that when you duel wield, two of your character appears and it's very annoying, I haven't tested this myself yet but i visited another forum that said that this mod caused that bug, so uh, please fix this.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom