tModLoader The Thorium Mod

There is an exploit with the cobbler.

When you buy shoes, they will sell for the same price as what you purchased them for. This let's the player buy and sell boots until the boots come with a modifier, allowing them to be sold for more.

Because of this, you can get infinite money as soon as you build a house at the start of the game.

Hi! Is there a guide on how to make this work on multiplayer? Does it work with steam servers or only with a dedicated server?

Hi there, so I've noticed that the bosses in this mod don't get their HP increased by effects such as Brutal Redux mod and Disarray mod's infinity hourglass. Apparently this happens if the bosses have an HP check where it checks if their HP has been modified and sets it back to a certain value.

Think you could remove this check ? the bosses die way too fast when compared to vanilla/other modded bosses.

@Based Kamal There's a specific hook called "ScaleExpertStats" that is used for scaling stats in expert mode. Instead of scaling the normal mode stats, Thorium sets them to a specific value to better fine tune the difficulty of the bosses. Both of the mods you mentioned however don't use that hook to override the stats Thorium sets, which is why Thorium's bosses affected by them. In my opinion the mods you mentioned should be overriding the hook to be compatible with all cases.

Scarlet chests appear to crash the game when you mouse over them on the fullscreen map. Don't know if this is an issue with some other mod, but I'll test it once I get the time.

@Based Kamal There's a specific hook called "ScaleExpertStats" that is used for scaling stats in expert mode. Instead of scaling the normal mode stats, Thorium sets them to a specific value to better fine tune the difficulty of the bosses. Both of the mods you mentioned however don't use that hook to override the stats Thorium sets, which is why Thorium's bosses affected by them. In my opinion the mods you mentioned should be overriding the hook to be compatible with all cases.
Thanks a lot for the clarification, will inform the creators.

Is it just me or does the Calamity 'Abyss' biome look like a copy and paste of Thorium's? Hope they got Diver's permission before jacking his biome.

Is it just me or does the Calamity 'Abyss' biome look like a copy and paste of Thorium's? Hope they got Diver's permission before jacking his biome.
for starters the abyss its not a "copy paste" of aquatic depths because its not on the jungle side of the world,their sprites, mechanics, mobs, items and music are totally different from thorium aquatic depths (some mobs are references to subnautica),and we must agree that mountaindrew "must" speak with Sam to avoid any similarities with the abyss during their development for plagiarism.

for starters the abyss its not a "copy paste" of aquatic depths because its not on the jungle side of the world,their sprites, mechanics, mobs, items and music are totally different from thorium aquatic depths (some mobs are references to subnautica),and we must agree that mountaindrew "must" speak with Sam to avoid any similarities with the abyss during their development for plagiarism.

The way it’s structured is pretty different too, with its 4 layers. Thorium’s Aquatic Depths is more of an accessible fleshed out biome similar to vanilla biomes, while the Abyss is more of spelunk and and magic mirror out kind of challenge biome.

Massive support! However, I found some bugs :
-transforming into Maggot while not touching ground because of flying will make you fall and get 1000+ damage
-modded town NPCs stack on each other if their houses share the same doors
-Kinetic Knife sometimes gets stuck in walls

So me and my brother came across a strange issue last night.

I was using the biotech armor as a healer, and the set bonus healing drone was healing waaay too much.
It was reading in the thousands at a time.

I wasn't able to get a screencap unfortunately, and haven't had any luck replicating it.

Been playing this mod for some time now. It's great and I love it.

The mod seems to be completed after beating the Ragnarok. Which is technically post-Moon Lord. Will there be any more post-Moon Lord content? I wanna see some further development for the Bard and Healer classes. (And sorry if this has been mentioned a few times before.)

Been playing this mod for some time now. It's great and I love it.

The mod seems to be completed after beating the Ragnarok. Which is technically post-Moon Lord. Will there be any more post-Moon Lord content? I wanna see some further development for the Bard and Healer classes. (And sorry if this has been mentioned a few times before.)
I'm afraid that other than post-Ragnarok Bard gear, there doesn't appear to be any plans for post-Moon Lord content. (Unless the planned Cavern boss is post-ML, but I kind of doubt that.)

TBH, that's okay with me, though. I don't want this mod turning into Calamity. :merchanttongue:

im kinda still waiting for the last of the terra weapons (Summoner, Throwing, and Bard) and a terra armor set but i really doubt that thorium with provide it

Dedicated server crashes when creating jungle:

Code:
Unbehandelte Ausnahme: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.KillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& fail, Boolean& effectOnly, Boolean& noItem)
   bei Terraria.WorldGen.KillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean fail, Boolean effectOnly, Boolean noItem)
   bei Terraria.WorldGen.JungleRunner(Int32 i, Int32 j)
   bei Terraria.WorldGen.<>c__DisplayClass259_0.<generateWorld>b__15(GenerationProgress progress)
   bei Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
   bei Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
   bei Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
   bei Terraria.IO.WorldFile.loadWorld(Boolean loadFromCloud)
   bei Terraria.WorldGen.serverLoadWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
   bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   bei System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Hey, great mod guys.

But, there's the aforementioned bug with the Dual Wielding mod. Without Thorium installed, it works just fine. With, I can't help but notice players seem to be put off-center or something like that.

It'd be great if you guys could push a fix for whatever is causing this.

Player looks fine before dual wielding, as soon as you set an item into the second slot, this happens.

Attachments

• Terraria_2018-04-26_11-59-49.png
    Terraria_2018-04-26_11-59-49.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 299
  • Terraria_2018-04-26_11-59-54.png
    Terraria_2018-04-26_11-59-54.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 309
I think I found a bug. When you place a modded armor on an armor stand and you take it back, the lower part gets turned into a random lower armor part. Like, if you place the icy trousers and mine them, you get Illuminite trousers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom