tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Hey, I haven't posted on here in quite a while. I hope things are going well with development and stuff. That being said, it has been a long time since the last update. I don't want this to seem like I am being "that guy" and rushing development or anything. I was just wondering if maybe there is some sort of spoiler or something that can be shared? I don't participate in the discord, so for all I know there is more information there, but thought I'd post here anyways.

Thanks again for making this mod and I look forward to whatever new content is coming in the next update!

Hey, I haven't posted on here in quite a while. I hope things are going well with development and stuff. That being said, it has been a long time since the last update. I don't want this to seem like I am being "that guy" and rushing development or anything. I was just wondering if maybe there is some sort of spoiler or something that can be shared? I don't participate in the discord, so for all I know there is more information there, but thought I'd post here anyways.

Thanks again for making this mod and I look forward to whatever new content is coming in the next update!
Sorry bud, I've been sticking to discord mainly in terms of updates and community discussions as its much easier to get a response out. You can find quite a few spoilers over on the discord if you wanna see some. Discord Link Though I can try and post a few here for those that would rather stay out. It's been taking some time, but juggling my job, college and the Mod can be stressful at times. It wont be much longer now though.

nKfym38.gif
p7qtMxZ.png
Fd3jVrv.gif

BKznYUi.gif
MUaqYSi.gif

Feedback of any kind is always appreciated, and since you presented your observations in a educated manner, I'm more than happy to discuss them. I'll try to give my reasoning for some decisions, though the actual quantitative data for my reasons may not add up in practice, only in theory.

Lich armor
- Definitely for balance reason. Ichor is a pretty powerful debuff and being able to quickly apply it to everything you hit with a multi penetrating attack at all times would make many things trivial in singleplayer but also multiplayer. I don't see much of an issue with melee being able to do it because at later points in the game, the Melee class really becomes a tanking/supporting class.
Shade Master - The set bonus exists to allow other modded throwing items the ability to grant the teleport/damage buff, but that being said I think I could make it something more interesting. As for the teleport itself, it's an older effect and I think I can do it better justice in terms of fluidity.
White Dwarf - The White Dwarf Armor is in essence a boss killing armor. At that point in the game, the white flare procs so many times that what reads as a single 0.5% of the bosses health quickly starts to add up to huge numbers when it can proc multiple times a second. Remember its not .05% its 0.5%, so despite it having worse base stats, the set bonus is where its power comes from. Which is the case for a couple more Thorium armors.
Plague Doctor - Just sounds like I need to make them stronger/easier to get/check the balance of other similar items.
Life Leech - It's sort of intended, yes
Black Dagger - The idea is if you want to quickly give yourself max stacks of darkness within you right click a couple times giving you +3 per attack to the buff as opposed to +1.
Misc. throwing weapons - Just about all of those have received balance changes in the net update, so don't fear.
Plague Lord - It's donator item. What they asked for is what I gave them, so I cant change much about it.
Depth Crown - Yep, I changed it next update to refresh far quicker
Summons - I'll take a look at it
Theseus' Thread - Been fixed next update
Time Warp - Been fixed next update
Lodestone and Valadium - An older idea, but primarily just for variation.

Oh hey, thanks for responding so quickly. I kind of figured the discord would be where everything is at. Really I have no reason for not using it, so maybe I should change that soon.

As for the images posted, looks like pretty cool stuff. So by the looks of it the cavern boss will need a new world for the world to generate its room, good to know in advance. Also it is pre-hardmode by the looks and it gives another use for unholy shards which is always good with how many you tend to get. Biome chest for the Aquatic Depths seems cool, I will guess it is healer related? Maybe bard though. Nice interface for showing when you have shields (or overheal or whatever the name is). I really like that lotus-looking item for healer and will guess it is made from dynasty wood somehow.

All in all cool stuff. I'm not in any hurry to see this release, so take all the time you need for bug fixes and the like. I understand all the other stuff in life takes priority over mod-making. I'll repeat myself once more in saying thanks for such a wonderful mod, it really has become a core part of my Terraria experience.

Oh goodness! I honestly didn't expect a response, but I'm glad to hear! It's interesting to know the thought going into a lot of design choices, and I'm glad to hear Throwing is getting rebalanced. Thank you very much for responding with so much detail. The new spoilers are very exciting too! Abyssal Depths Biome Chest, Opal and Pearl Large Gems, and what looks like some new healer-focused furniture and effects? I can't wait to see! May have to try out a Healer playthrough soon... Although that may be difficult solo.

Antlion_Butterfly.png
Emerald_Butterfly.png
Fireblossom_Butterfly.png
Cursed_Flame_Butterfly.png
Zerene_Butterfly.png
Luminite_Butterfly.png

Hey, thanks for the great mod! I have a suggestion for the butterfly summons if you aren't already planning to do this:
(I'll also leave this post on the discord too)

I'm thinking giving the Butterfly Charm Or Butterfly Lure a use function that brings up a UI window with 3 slots, so you can pick and choose which butterflies your staffs summon. Giving reason to go out and hunt specific breeds of butterflies. I really enjoy what you have so far, but it feels like it could use more 'reason to' when it comes to going out and hunting specific butterflies. It has so much potential!

I have 2 ways of implementing how it could work, ones balanced, the other is fun:

Option 1 (3 Slot interface)
Have every Butterfly Staff assigned globally to each selection of butterflies you choose, so no matter what staff your using, you'll always summon the butterflies you have slotted. Empty slots would summon a random butterfly.

Option 2 (4th Slot interface)
Have a extra slot in the interface for the staff, so you could assign the butterflies per staff. Giving a means to have more variety in your swarm.

Thanks again, i hope this helps!

Last edited:
Haven't played all but nice content so far.
If you aim for balance the Potent Extract don't fit in there in my opinion. You can get it too early and too cheap. And no consequences if used too often (at least didn't noticed any).

Too simulate addiction it could reduce you sight radius without any potion (or darken it) if used too often. If still used too often it could reduce you max health points. So you need to find a heart crystal again.
Or as alternative limit the usage count per day or week (in game time).
Or something else.

At current state you can simply use it all the time until all discovered.

How i can make de guardians soul? because thorium wiki dont mension how (sorry my inglish jeje )
Are you talking about the Guardian Angel Soul? Because I think that's from Fargo's Mutant Mod, which has some crossover content with various mods, which is why it wouldn't be on the Thorium wiki.

I'm pretty sure its made from a bunch of Healer equipment, but it's been a while since my last Thorium+Fargo playthrough. Best bet would be to look it up using the Recipe Browser mod, assuming you have that installed. If you don't have Recipe Browser, try taking any Healer weapons/accessories with "Material" in the tooltip to the Guide.

[QUOTE = "JimboTex, post: 1587075, member: 88658"] ¿Estás hablando del Alma del ángel guardián? Porque creo que es de Mutant Mod de Fargo, que tiene un contenido cruzado con varias modificaciones, por lo que no estaría en la wiki de Torio.

Estoy bastante seguro de que está hecho de un montón de equipos Sanador, pero ha pasado un tiempo desde mi último juego de Thorium + Fargo. La mejor opción sería buscarlo usando el modificador del navegador de recetas, suponiendo que lo tiene instalado. Si no tiene el Navegador de recetas, intente llevar cualquier arma / accesorio de Sanador con "Material" en la información sobre herramientas a la Guía. [/ QUOTE]

haa muy tonta de mi parte muchas gracias

I've found that equipping the epic mouthpiece lowers my acceleration by a considerable amount. It's especially noticeable when I double jump with a sandstorm in a bottle, because I don't get the quick speed boost from it.

Does pinky fall of the face of the planet after hardmode?? I can’t progress my tracker at all because I haven’t seen a pinky in weeks. Any way around this? I have my lifeform analyzer on at all times but still, :pinky: eludes me.

Does pinky fall of the face of the planet after hardmode?? I can’t progress my tracker at all because I haven’t seen a pinky in weeks. Any way around this? I have my lifeform analyzer on at all times but still, :pinky: eludes me.

Sadly it is just a matter of being unlucky. The rare enemies can be quite non-existent sometimes. Technically speaking it does become rarer in hardmode but only on account of there being more enemy types. I think pinky has a higher chance of spawning during slime rains for what that is worth.

Speaking of slime rain, that's a mechanic that is barely recognized and maybe could get some attention? Or an item to summon it at the very least. It's definitely not a priority, nor anything necessary really, but hey I thought of it so why not bring it up?

Sadly it is just a matter of being unlucky. The rare enemies can be quite non-existent sometimes. Technically speaking it does become rarer in hardmode but only on account of there being more enemy types. I think pinky has a higher chance of spawning during slime rains for what that is worth.

Speaking of slime rain, that's a mechanic that is barely recognized and maybe could get some attention? Or an item to summon it at the very least. It's definitely not a priority, nor anything necessary really, but hey I thought of it so why not bring it up?
I use fargos mod for event summons but they don’t feature slime rain as one of them ): it’s a bummer I haven’t gotten a rain in a while.. come to think of it, I haven’t gotten an eclipse either.. bleh.

The reduced grinding mod has a slime rain potion. I actually asked the creator of the mod to add it precisely because of the finding pinky issue.

I noticed a very interesting feature related to Lihzahrd Temple. At this location Thorium mod conflicts with other mods. In the original, in addition to enemies from Lihzahrd Temple, there may be others, for example from the jungle, as well as from other mods. With the active Thorium mods, the only enemies are Lihzard, Flying Snake, Sol Priestess and Mimics. I would very much like to hope that in future they will support other mods in this place.
p.s. I apologize if the topic was raised earlier.

Example
Spawn Rate Monster x10. No Thorium Mod. (Spirit mod Active)
1642c59b083a9cf55c5ff5bb76dadc00.png

==============
Spawn Rate Mobs x30. Thorium and Spirit Mod Active. (No Jungle and Spirit mod enemies)
59ed95cfe4c073153b7b4a6095bd7566.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom