tModLoader The Thorium Mod

is the player duplication glitch with the dual wielding mod fixable on this side? or does the author of dual wield have to fix it? it only happens with dual wield and thorium both installed.

Can we talk about the Cook? He's gotten a lot more useful over time, but I still feel like there's something off. The quick eat key (thank you for adding that, by the way) helps a lot, but it can't be used unless you're already hurt, so it's not really helpful for using the buffing aspect of food tactically. Not a big deal, but at times it can be frustrating. It's not my main concern, though.

• Some of the buffs don't seem to last long enough to be useful. A minute is okay for something not a potion, but not ideal with the restrictions on use. Thirty seconds, on the other hand, is pretty much negligible. From their respective potions, Regeneration can be gained for 5 minutes, Magic Power for 2, and Mana Regeneration for 7. Yet the foods that give these buffs only last half a minute. I don't really have a problem with foods giving less of a buff than potions, but that seems like an excessive nerf. For reference; Magic Power, Gills, and Thorns are the only non-cosmetic effects whose potion lasts less than 3 minutes.
  • The healing on the Cook's food doesn't scale well. In fact, it doesn't scale at all. Foods start out as equal to lesser healing potions, with some being in between a lesser potion and a regular one...and they stay in about that range. Once you reach Hardmode, there's not much reason to visit the cook, since the heals don't keep up, and potions offer longer-lasting buffs. It would be nice to have him start selling "Gourmet" versions of his food later on with stronger effects and a price increase to match. Maybe a few especially high-end items as you go toward mid to late Hardmode.
  • I'm looking at the wiki for this one, but Mana Delight is...there's not really a nice way to put this. It's just a not that great an item. You can't even get it until Hardmode and you have to supply ingredients, at which point it is a higher-costed and less effective version of the mana potions the Wizard has been selling the whole time, and not even half as good as the upgraded version of those. It offers no other bonuses on top of a straight mana recovery. Even in pre-hardmode, the player has access to Strange Brew, which heals more Mana and also recovers HP, for a quarter of the price. The advantage of using Mana Delight is meant to be that it doesn't inflict the Mana Sickness debuff, but it's not really worth it. Mana Sickness lasts for about 5 seconds unless you're spamming potions, while Mana Delight adds the Full Stomach debuff for 20. You can get some use out of it by juggling between mana potions and Mana Delight, but that really only helps if you'd be spamming anyway, in which case needing 20 seconds to use Mana Delight again kind of defeats the point. This item kind of needs a conceptual redesign in my opinion. The recovery would be fine if it worked more like the other items, and gave additional benefits.
  • I've talked before about adding more variety. There are still some buffs I'd love to see attached to food. For instance...Blood > Blood Pudding > Hunter Buff. I don't know what other materials could be used, but some other foods that come to mind;
    • Spicy Curry > Inferno Buff
    • Hearty Stew > Warmth Buff
    • Jagdwurst (Hunter Sausage) > Archery Buff
    • M.R.E. (Meal Ready to Eat) > Ammo Reservation Buff
    • Herbal Tea > Calm Buff
    • Watercress Sandwich > Aqua Affinity
  • As a final thing, though not particularly important, one of my friends will not eat pork for religious reasons, even in a videogame. So the ultimate food being bacon kind of leaves him out. Not much else has this problem, but it would be nice to not leave out people with religious or ethical concerns. I know the bacon is a Vanilla item, but including a functionally identical "Tofu Bacon" for people who have issue with it would be a good gesture.

Last edited:
  • As a final thing, though not particularly important...

My dude, you should know that Bacon is already in the base game and that Thorium only adds another method of obtaining it. The recipe you give to the Cook is called what it is because it's fun calling a simple sketch of a pig the "Ultimate Recipe".

Plus, if you really want an ultimate recipe, a Life Fruit Platter is The way to go. It lets you bypass fishing in order to get one of the best potion effects in the game. (More health to toy around with is always nice.)

My dude, you should know that Bacon is already in the base game and that Thorium only adds another method of obtaining it. The recipe you give to the Cook is called what it is because it's fun calling a simple sketch of a pig the "Ultimate Recipe".

Plus, if you really want an ultimate recipe, a Life Fruit Platter is The way to go. It lets you bypass fishing in order to get one of the best potion effects in the game. (More health to toy around with is always nice.)
That part was more of a joke to make said friend laugh, and just something silly I thought would make a nice addition for people who don't want their character to eat bacon.

My game seams to crash whenever I use the sphere transformation item (the one that's like Metroid). Everything works fine but this item, equiping it is okay but once you hit the mount key and use it for a bit there is always a crash that follows after afew minutes. Hopefully this is already known and gets fixed next update cuz yea I would love to use it for a secret metroid-esk base :)

Besides the above issue the mod is fantastic and I cant wait for the bard to get it's end-game gear like the healer has. Love it and can't not have this mod installed when playing Terraria. Great work!

Hello. There is a way to "take" an item from the thorium mod? Because thorium won't work for my friend, but I want Firestorm boots, and the eye of the destroyer yoyo. I searched the internet about how to open .tmod file but I found nothing...

Last edited:
Hello. There is a way to "take" an item from the thorium mod? Because thorium won't work for my friend, but I want Firestorm boots, and the eye of the destroyer yoyo. I searched the internet about how to open .tmod file but I found nothing...
What do you exactly mean as in take an item?

So i've been playing the Thorium mod for a long time by now and i've played it for a few times with different weapon classes. So far the bard class has easily been my favourite all around.There is one weapon i really like with a good concept but its really irritating to use and that weapon is the Aquamarine Glass found in the underground ocean biome chests. Problem with that weapon is that you have to throw the glass first by left clicking and then pressing right click to explode it, it makes the weapon really inconsistent and annoying to use.
To fix the problem the glasses should just explode on enemy hits or when hitting a solid block, also it should keep the autoswing feature.

So thats my small problem with the mod and i wish you could see this because it took a long time for me to type this. Thank you.

What do you exactly mean as in take an item?
It's hard to tell, but I'll try.. So, I want an item from the thorium mod: The firestorm boots and the eye of the destroyer yoyo. I tried to unpack that "thoriumMod.tmod" file, but I can't open .tmod files. I wanted to take the item file and put them in to an another mod, or in to the terraria files, to have the boots and the yoyo in the game without the full mod. Or create a mod with that 2 items.

So i've been playing the Thorium mod for a long time by now and i've played it for a few times with different weapon classes. So far the bard class has easily been my favourite all around.There is one weapon i really like with a good concept but its really irritating to use and that weapon is the Aquamarine Glass found in the underground ocean biome chests. Problem with that weapon is that you have to throw the glass first by left clicking and then pressing right click to explode it, it makes the weapon really inconsistent and annoying to use.
To fix the problem the glasses should just explode on enemy hits or when hitting a solid block, also it should keep the autoswing feature.

So thats my small problem with the mod and i wish you could see this because it took a long time for me to type this. Thank you.
The intent is that you can toss them out like mines, and detonate them when it's most advantageous to do so. It's supposed to be a bit tricky, because it's a tactical weapon.

I dunno. That seems like an awful lot of work for very little gain. I'd think you'd have better luck trying to figure out why Thorium doesn't work for your friend.

(Also, I think the mod author would object to that kind of "borrowing." :merchanteek:)

Last edited:
The Yew Wood Bookcase (and probably Aquatic depths and thorium ones too) doesn't fit in with other vanilla bookcases. It doesn't count as a flat surface for housing and it kind of is like a bunch of platforms. The housing query thingy calls it a solid block and standing in the middle of the bookshelf looks really odd, especially when your feet don't land on a "shelf".

EDIT: The Marine and Thorium bookcases are weird as well.

The Yew Wood Bookcase (and probably Aquatic depths and thorium ones too) doesn't fit in with other vanilla bookcases. It doesn't count as a flat surface for housing and it kind of is like a bunch of platforms. The housing query thingy calls it a solid block and standing in the middle of the bookshelf looks really odd, especially when your feet don't land on a "shelf".

EDIT: The Marine and Thorium bookcases are weird as well.

So far, the only mods I've found that remembered to correctly set Bookcases (or Pianos, or Bathtubs) as table-equivalents are GRealm and Sacred Tools.

I just found this issue where the nurse keeps trying to "heal" me of the Demo's Guidance "debuff". I hide the lantern; she stops charging money. I put up the normal lanterns without the light pet and she doesn't charge money.

Back
Top Bottom