tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Hey anyone reading this! I just have a question: Do the Thorium Biome Keys drop, ever, for any of you guys? For the underworld, I have literally made two afk farms, spent hours upon hours grinding naturally spawning mobs, (with spawn rates boosted out the wazoo), and must've killed between 250,000 - 400,000 mobs. Nothing. Absurd amounts of other loot, but no key. I know there's an item limit, but I literally have my every stackable item piling up in my inventory, whilst holding shift and clicking the single-stack items into the trash as fast as possible. Still no key. I'm using mods that increase the maximum stack size just to find the damn thing. Does it conflict with Calamity or something else? My mod list is:
"Antiaris",
"WheresMyItems",
"CalamityMod",
"CalamityModMusic",
"imkSushisMod",
"CheatSheet",
"EnemyMods",
"Fargowiltas",
"FargowiltasSouls",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"Census",
"Infinity",
"MagicStorage",
"NoFishTimer",
"NoMoreTombs",
"SpiritMod",
"ThoriumMod",
"Unleveled",
"BetterTaxes",
"WingSlot",
"TPUnchained",
"MovementOptions",
"Laugicality",
"LargeWorldEnabler",
"RecipeBrowser",
"EAMusic",
"ElementsAwoken"
My computer is running fine, so I don't think that's the problem.
Help?

@amondohk the keys are simply currently bugged, they Basically go through another chance multiplier and a check for the AD before the normal check happens, which means that, for the modded keys that drop elsewhere other than the Depths, they literally can't drop. As for the AD biome key? Both biome checks work, but as I initially said, it goes through the drop rate Twice, so you end up with a key that has a drop rate of 1 in 6,250,000...
Just something that kinda went between the cracks with the update that added the keys and the patches afterward. They're fixed for the next update though, so don't worry. Just spawn yourself the keys for now it's fine.

@amondohk the keys are simply currently bugged, they Basically go through another chance multiplier and a check for the AD before the normal check happens, which means that, for the modded keys that drop elsewhere other than the Depths, they literally can't drop. As for the AD biome key? Both biome checks work, but as I initially said, it goes through the drop rate Twice, so you end up with a key that has a drop rate of 1 in 6,250,000...
Just something that kinda went between the cracks with the update that added the keys and the patches afterward. They're fixed for the next update though, so don't worry. Just spawn yourself the keys for now it's fine.
Got it. Thanks for the info! (^◡^)

Hey developers, got a bit of a weird question for you. I really like the design of the base game's Paladin NPC, and as such I love the Fallen Paladin Armor in the Thorium Mod. However, my computer kinda sucks and I can't run Thorium with any other content mod without some sort of major lag. I was wondering if you would mind making a small mod with just a few of the Thorium armor sets in it as Vanity sets or something of the like. I am terrible at modding or I would just try and make the sprites myself, plus I love the design you guys have already made.

Thanks!

Manual download is broken,it stops at 36.1 mb and isn't finishing for some reason

UPD: downloaded it from other browser and it seems that the archive is broken too,weird

Last edited:
Question about the Molten Scale; does it only work on enemies that hit you in melee, or is it ALL enemies that hit you, regardless of how?

I was wondering if anyone knew how to make money like really fast using Thorium?

I got both the Lucky coin and the Proof of Avarice.

It's been a while. I like how much the mod has evolved since the last time I posted here. Anyway I wanted to ask, is there any way someone could make a synergy patch for those of us who also use the Calamity mod since the equipment in this mod is unfortunately weak compared to the equipment in Calamity. And by synergy, I mean have the equipment and bosses powered up when Calamity is installed with Thorium.

It's been a while. I like how much the mod has evolved since the last time I posted here. Anyway I wanted to ask, is there any way someone could make a synergy patch for those of us who also use the Calamity mod since the equipment in this mod is unfortunately weak compared to the equipment in Calamity. And by synergy, I mean have the equipment and bosses powered up when Calamity is installed with Thorium.
Bruh, everything is weak compared to Calamity.

Bruh, everything is weak compared to Calamity.
I think all modded gear in general is a bit stronger than the vanilla gear. Calamity just adds items for harder difficulties that break it in a bit too far.

EDIT: Thorium is balanced around vanilla and it does it real well, just don't use Calamity stuff if it's OP

I think all modded gear in general is a bit stronger than the vanilla gear. Calamity just adds items for harder difficulties that break it in a bit too far.

EDIT: Thorium is balanced around vanilla and it does it real well, just don't use Calamity stuff if it's OP
That is true. I was only suggesting a patch of sorts. It's all up to DivermanSam if they'll do it or not. Whatever their choice, I'll accept it.

Pretty sure there is a Calamity Nerf mod. Better to scale down the source of the issue, right?
That's true. I'll give it a try.
Also, here's a message to Sam. I'm very happy with how the Cook NPC came out. You did a great job with it after I suggested it to you.

Edit: Found what I think is a bug. For some reason at the Calamity mod's Sufurous Sea, Gold Ducks spawn like crazy. I caught an entire flock there.

Last edited:
It has been since atleast december (When i started using mods and downloaded thorium in that month.) since this mod has updated.

Same deal as spirit

Yes, And Zoaklen and pumpking and imksushi and veinminer and luiafk and reforged armor and lightpets and yes another boss health bar and its also been a while since weaponout and allthewalls and all the expeditions mods and grealm and base mod lol
[doublepost=1555803533,1555803471][/doublepost]Oh i forgot to mention furniture food and fun jerethejugglers custom gen sacredtools and joost.

Hey fellas. Unfortunately, I'm not dead yet! 1.6.0.0 is finally here! We've got quite the plethora of features in this update, including a massive amount of new Thrower goodies, new tiles, items, a reworked tracker system complete with unique UI, a large amount of donator items, and many MANY balance changes. Please remember to leave feedback on newly added features and design choices. Your input is always valuable to us! Find the full change log below. We'll update the wiki as fast as we can! :lslime:

Change Log

Hey fellas. Unfortunately, I'm not dead yet! 1.6.0.0 is finally here! We've got quite the plethora of features in this update, including a massive amount of new Thrower goodies, new tiles, items, a reworked tracker system complete with unique UI, a large amount of donator items, and many MANY balance changes. Please remember to leave feedback on newly added features and design choices. Your input is always valuable to us! Find the full change log below. We'll update the wiki as fast as we can! :lslime:

Change Log

How coincidental, I just posted saying this mod has not updated in ages XD
[doublepost=1555804193,1555804082][/doublepost]I cant update the mod on the browser!
[doublepost=1555804310][/doublepost]Ah, It seems like on the wiki only three of the new items have pages, and they all are unobtainable!

I dont get to see all the new things!
[doublepost=1555804515][/doublepost]Also i think yuo removed the mod from the browser!

Back
Top Bottom