tModLoader The Thorium Mod

After testing, I have discovered that after enabling and disabling every mod one at a time, with thoruim. That the confliction is with luiafk. Thanks for your help, but is there any way to use a outdated version of thoruim to fix this problem?

Yes, go there, click on the arrow next to "X3kuba3X said:", then on "Try this"

ShadowTiger has an old version if anyone wants to play with working luiafk and thorium :p. So far this is the only fix.

In my opinion, the thorium pax should be buffed.
View attachment 220454View attachment 220455View attachment 220456
Currently, it is slower than both deathbringer and nightmare pickaxes, and has the same power than the deathbringer (it beats nightmare by only 5%).
The only reason to have a thorium pax over the deathbringer is that it is also a axe. It should at least have the same tool speed as deathbringer pickaxe.
Honestly, that's a price for having multi-use, to have both is worth the small price in speed

After testing, I have discovered that after enabling and disabling every mod one at a time, with thoruim. That the confliction is with luiafk. Thanks for your help, but is there any way to use a outdated version of thoruim to fix this problem?
Yeah, the new Thorium update flat out doesn't work with some of the Unlimited Buffs stuff from Luiafk. They can still *technically* work together, but you need to make sure to not have certain items in your inventory. And that's to much of a PITA for me to go through and find out with how bad it bugs and crashes the game.

Hell, Luiafk hasn't even been updated in over a year, and it already had a few things that either crashed the game (STILL LOOKIN AT YOU COMBO ROD) or didn't work properly. I am sad to lose things like the Unlimited Buffs item and a lot of the Unlimited ammos. And I utilized a lot of those builder tools like the arena builder and hellavator etc.

I've had issues with Luiafk mod simply not working with other mods period.
it's likely Luiafk causing the problems, not Thorium

Also for Unlimited ammos, check out fargo's mod

I've had issues with Luiafk mod simply not working with other mods period.
it's likely Luiafk causing the problems, not Thorium

Also for Unlimited ammos, check out fargo's mod
Not quite the same, since Fargo's is actually slightly lacking. It has things like various Endless Quivers and Endless Bullet Pouches, but it is lacking things like Unlimited Stars, Coins, etc. That and the Luiafk infinite mana item was pretty awesome, especially since it wasn't flat out broken from the get go (what with it nerfing your damage output till you upgraded it all the way after Moonlord.) I know there are other "infinite everything" items, but they just aren't the same as Luiafk XD.

Meanwhile, I see some of the new stuff added in Thorium the passed week and it makes me wonder how well it would work with other things if the other things weren't broken lol.

Yes, this is COMPLETELY unrelated, but what is everyone's favorite boss from this mod? Personally, I'm not sure. Many (if not all) of the bosses is this mod are well-designed and fun to fight. Sorry, I'm just curious.

Yes, this is COMPLETELY unrelated, but what is everyone's favorite boss from this mod? Personally, I'm not sure. Many (if not all) of the bosses is this mod are well-designed and fun to fight. Sorry, I'm just curious.
Well I was about to start Ragnarok just before the updates n the Luiafk issues causing a new world... And I ended up making a new character because I took a few mods off.
Soooooo Granite Energy Storm is up there. But I like the color pallet mostly XD
I have *seen* The Ragnarok fight, and I would probably say that because it actually has some pretty interesting mechanics.

would like to bring this to people's attention:
hmeSf0p.png

Thorium isn't to blame for this, Luiafk was using poor coding in his mod he shouldn't have that easily broke.
This isn't fair to Diverman Sam to blame Thorium for this problem, I've had issues with Luiafk in the past not working with other mods and this explains it.

With Luiafk missing from the internet you'd have to basically privately edit his mod (which has hidden code, so you'll have to find a way to bypass that yourself) to use his mod with thorium now.
I'm posting this here since it's more relevant than in Luiafk's thread.
EDIT: Credit goes to ÐarkŁight obviously

Alright, even though the issue is caused by the code within Luiafk, I decided to force a fix and allow players to play them together again.

You can download 1.6.0.4 when its up and there should be no more crashes or multiplayer freezes. Please tell me if there are and make sure you're on 1.6.0.4 before doing so.

Alright, even though the issue is caused by the code within Luiafk, I decided to force a fix and allow players to play them together again.

You can download 1.6.0.4 when its up and there should be no more crashes or multiplayer freezes. Please tell me if there are and make sure you're on 1.6.0.4 before doing so.

Works perfectly fine for me now.

Bout to give it a try, here's hoping.
Thanks again, and hopefully it works :D

After putting Luiafk back on, it works. And this also confirmed that Luiafk was the cause of some of the odd lag and other glitching considering I took off a few other mods because I thought it was my system XD

Last edited:

Not one else should have to pickup for Luiafk's mess, but people are thankfully atleast it works now.
Awesome non the less!

thanks, all buffs are working now, so far no incompatibility error has occurred to me.

Works for me, you're awesome!

Yo the only mod I have rn is Thorium and I cannot summon a Goblin Invasion in any world, even in Hardmode and/or expert worlds where they are able to spawn naturally. Banner doesn't work, my character just holds it up like a star and it does nothing.

Using Thorium version 1.6.0.2, tModLoader Windows version 10.1.5. Has there been any update to either that addresses or might have caused this problem? Ty

Yo the only mod I have rn is Thorium and I cannot summon a Goblin Invasion in any world, even in Hardmode and/or expert worlds where they are able to spawn naturally. Banner doesn't work, my character just holds it up like a star and it does nothing.

Using Thorium version 1.6.0.2, tModLoader Windows version 10.1.5. Has there been any update to either that addresses or might have caused this problem? Ty
you need to have enough max HP to summon one

So, I see Bag of Potential was removed and the only way to get Thorium Ore now is from world generation. Has low generation of the ore been buffed like in the tAPI days to account for this? Got girlfriend into playing Terraria and wanted to show her Thorium, but wanted to start her out in vanilla. We made some progress and didn't feel like starting all over just for the ore. So, if we were to make a new world, would the ore still be low or would we just have to skip it altogether until later on when we have better tools for excavating a new world with the ore?

Back
Top Bottom