tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I've noticed a slight issue, since version 1.6 the Terra Staff seems to be considerably worse than the True Hallowed Staff even though the True Hallowed Staff is used to make the Terra Staff. Before 1.6 the Terra Staff was a very fun weapon but slightly op. Now it is just useless.

How is it worse? The Terra Staff has: Slightly worse dps, attacks that can't go through walls, harder to aim attacks, higher mana use, and little to no AoE.

Other than this issue I've been loving this mod!

@Alexius Thaddian have you tried downloading it straight from the modbrowser? There where I got mine and it works like a charm, no extracting needed

Also for a question of my own, I can't seem to find any flamekin casters. I checked the wiki and it just says I need to be in the caverns, close to the underworld but not in it. I've tried regular farming, afk farming, going to different worlds of various difficulties (pre-hardmode, hardmode, post moonlord). The person that I'm playing with has the same problem and she has also tried different worlds. Is there something that I'm missing, like a specific boss I have to kill or do we just have really bad luck? I really need those molten scales. Thanks in advance!
If you read what I said you should know that mod browser is unavailable for me. Mod browser means internet on the PC and I don't have access to it.
Also I said in my first post that I can't download manually because is a corrupt .rar archive. That's why I'm looking for an update, even if it is 1.6.0.4.0.0.1

the star scouter fight bugged when i use cell phone(or not?). the boss charge at me extremely quickly (i think it reached 1000 mph at that moment) and killed me when i use the cell phone during the fight. i had used cell phone once before this bugged fight, and the boss just chase me normally. i guess it's because i use the cell phone when the boss was 'locking' me with its laser beam attack.
the problem is that after i revive the boss health bar (from calamity) does not disappear, and there are purple circle appear on me periodically (i guess it's the 'locking' animation). But the boss appear nowhere,though there is no boss music(boss 5). i tried to go above of my death point at the upper boundary of my world, and the minions from my steamgunner controller keep shooting something above (probably the boss), even shooting and chasing out of the world boundary.
JHDZSrS.png

this screenshot was taken after my second death

oh. by the time i was typing the above word and returning to the game to take a look, the boss charge to me from the sky with ridiculous speed. and i died again. no cell phone this time so i guess it is only related to dying?
when i respawn the same thing happen, i am still waiting for the boss to return when i type this.

finally it return, in the same way, at the moment i get bored and summon a steamgunner minion, idk if it is a coincidence. i killed the boss and everything return to normal.

btw i can summon another boss when this happen
2Nm0svQ.png

and also another thing is that all biome chests added by thorium was unlocked when i first enter dungeon, without using a key.

Way too many spellbooks taking up every golden chest. Either I am extremely unlucky or the chance of finding one is way too high, because I've found ONLY spellbooks in my first 4 golden chests.

I realized today, after obtaining my first dungeon chest key from this mod, that I'd opened all the chests before even getting the keys.
(Like back before beating the Wall of Flesh)
Perhaps Calamity somehow messed with it?

Edit : Even on a new world those chests open without a key.

Last edited:
Does Thorium affect the drop rate of the Money Trough? I've gone through like 6 Blood Moons and not seen it drop yet.
Thorium mod don't change vanilla code, by that I mean that they don't change drop rate and stats of items to benefit other item from this mod.

It seems to you it is lowed but it isn't, Thorium mod add more Blood Moon enemies. Money Trough drops only from two enemies.

I can open those chests in pre-hardmode, without their biome keys? Also, is there a throwing weapon chest?

Attachments

• 20190823142324_1.jpg
    20190823142324_1.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 20190823141627_1.jpg
    20190823141627_1.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 188
Well finally got the Money Trough, but now I have noticed a distinct lack of the Tavernkeep showing up in my world, gonna have to double check but I was pretty sure I killed Brain of Cthulu.

Edit: Turns out I might have died to BoC because I killed it and found him in like 15 minutes.

Last edited:
It says the Obsidian Scale will set nearby enemies on fire... it does in fact do this but it also kills critters.. which if you aren't quick enough could kill a Truffle Worm or Golden Animal.. is this going to be fixed? or no?

Last edited:
Never posted this on this thread, but I like your mod very much. Sprites are brilliant, items are interesting to use (especially transformation items), bosses and enemies are fun to fight, and everything is balanced! I have some questions: is it possible to make other mod's throwing items compatitible with this amazing mod (I mean other mod's unlimited throwing will cause exhaustion, other mod's throwing will work with technics, and will have "throwing class" title above their stats, when Thorium is enabled)? And could you put "throwing class" title above vanilla's throwing items? That would be appreciated a lot, because ii is strange, that one mod's items have it.

Hey, i need some help. I used thorium before but it was when tModloader was the version before this latest one. I just got back to playing terraria again and installed some mods, the bigger ones are calamity, and spirit mod alongside thorium (which I just recently installed because i needed the blacksmith). Now the problem is, i cant attack or use any tool or weapon at all. So i disabled it and i could attack again, tried enabling it back and still the same problem. Anyone have any solutions for this, because i would really like to enjoy thorium again aswell

EDIT: NVM found a fix :)

Last edited:
Hey, i need some help. I used thorium before but it was when tModloader was the version before this latest one. I just got back to playing terraria again and installed some mods, the bigger ones are calamity, and spirit mod alongside thorium (which I just recently installed because i needed the blacksmith). Now the problem is, i cant attack or use any tool or weapon at all. So i disabled it and i could attack again, tried enabling it back and still the same problem. Anyone have any solutions for this, because i would really like to enjoy thorium again aswell

EDIT: NVM found a fix :)
What is the fix? I just got this problem too, I'm running Thorium, Overhaul, Portable Storage with it's dependecies, Boss Checklist, & Leveled Mod. I've tested and it's Thorium that is having issues

I've played with this mod and it's really good, however I think I've stumbled upon a bug. You see, the Desert Biome Chest in the dungeon is somehow able to be opened Pre Hardmode without Plantera defeated and well without a Desert Key. Is this supposed to be intentional?

So, I’ve been playing the Thorium and Calamity mod and honestly, they’re both the one of the best experiences I’ve had in the game, besides breathing vanilla in expert mode. It’s so fun to discover what the mods have to offer, and it’s a fresh start from the standard game! Now, I need a little help on the Thorium mod. I’m playing the Bard class, and you know the meter thing above your character’s head when you use most Bard-class weapons? I’m wondering how to increase that, if you can.

So, I’ve been playing the Thorium and Calamity mod and honestly, they’re both the one of the best experiences I’ve had in the game, besides breathing vanilla in expert mode. It’s so fun to discover what the mods have to offer, and it’s a fresh start from the standard game! Now, I need a little help on the Thorium mod. I’m playing the Bard class, and you know the meter thing above your character’s head when you use most Bard-class weapons? I’m wondering how to increase that, if you can.

That meter is called "Inspiration," and yes, you can upgrade it throughout your playthrough. You start out with eight points. In pre-Hardmode, that cap can be extended up to a total of 20 points by crafting and using Inspiration Fragments, which are made with 5 Arcane Dust and 4 Thorium Bars per Fragment at a Demon/Crimson Altar. Each Inspiration Fragment boosts your max Inspiration by two, so you'll need a total of six Inspiration Fragments to reach the pre-Hardmode maximum.

Once you get to Hardmode, you can craft Revelation Shards, which increases your max Inspiration by one point each, up to a maximum of 30 points (so you'll need ten of those). According to the Thorium Wiki, Revelation Shards are also made at a Demon/Crimson Altar (which confused me a bit just now, as I'm pretty sure I was able to make them at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil on my last Bard playthrough). Anyway, you need 3 Bright Soul Dust (made from Souls of Light), 3 Dark Soul Dust (made from Souls of Night), and 2 Thorium Bars per Revelation Shard.

The final upgrade to your Inspiration pool comes post-Plantera, and is called the Epiphany Crystal. Like its predecessors, it's made at a Demon/Crimson Altar, and you need ten of them to bring you up to the final maximum Inspiration cap of 40 points. The crafting recipe calls for 5 Solar Pebbles (drops from Jungle Temple mobs) and 2 Thorium Bars per Epiphany Crystal.

Hope this helps! :merchantgrin:

That meter is called "Inspiration," and yes, you can upgrade it throughout your playthrough. You start out with eight points. In pre-Hardmode, that cap can be extended up to a total of 20 points by crafting and using Inspiration Fragments, which are made with 5 Arcane Dust and 4 Thorium Bars per Fragment at a Demon/Crimson Altar. Each Inspiration Fragment boosts your max Inspiration by two, so you'll need a total of six Inspiration Fragments to reach the pre-Hardmode maximum.

Once you get to Hardmode, you can craft Revelation Shards, which increases your max Inspiration by one point each, up to a maximum of 30 points (so you'll need ten of those). According to the Thorium Wiki, Revelation Shards are also made at a Demon/Crimson Altar (which confused me a bit just now, as I'm pretty sure I was able to make them at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil on my last Bard playthrough). Anyway, you need 3 Bright Soul Dust (made from Souls of Light), 3 Dark Soul Dust (made from Souls of Night), and 2 Thorium Bars per Revelation Shard.

The final upgrade to your Inspiration pool comes post-Plantera, and is called the Epiphany Crystal. Like its predecessors, it's made at a Demon/Crimson Altar, and you need ten of them to bring you up to the final maximum Inspiration cap of 40 points. The crafting recipe calls for 5 Solar Pebbles (drops from Jungle Temple mobs) and 2 Thorium Bars per Epiphany Crystal.

Hope this helps! :merchantgrin:
Thanks so much! I’ll use your advice!

Back
Top Bottom