tModLoader The Thorium Mod

The bat minions from Viscount's Cane prevent any weapons from harming an enemy while the bat is attacking them. From trying to look into it, this seems to be an issue caused by the bats dealing rapid hits of "piercing" damage. When an enemy is taking lots of piercing damage, it prevents damage from other sources.

The bat minions from Viscount's Cane prevent any weapons from harming an enemy while the bat is attacking them. From trying to look into it, this seems to be an issue caused by the bats dealing rapid hits of "piercing" damage. When an enemy is taking lots of piercing damage, it prevents damage from other sources.
Minions causing I-Frames is nothing new in terraria, that's not really specific to the viscount's cane

Unsure if it has been mentioned, but I'd like to report a bug with Gingerbread Blocks where they tend to disappear depending on adjacent blocks. I'll provide a quick screenshot for my example. I used the Gingerbread blocks as coconuts for a giant Palm Tree, but notice on the right how some tiles are missing? The only block that I removed from there was the gap in the middle, the 2 full blocks above and the 2 sloped ones below have just vanished. If I put that removed block back, they reappear, and if I mine the invisible blocks, they drop like normal, so I'd say there's missing areas on the sprite sheet. Be grateful if this got fixed in a future update.
TerraTropica.png

I updated thorium mod and tmodloader today and when i joined the world i found most furniture is invisible or half invisible people say destroy the thorium anvil but when i try it crashes the game and some other crafting stations crash the game as well. those slimes are full of chests but invisible. Please help.

I fixed it i just reloaded the old version of thorium and removed all the crafting stations updated it again and placed all the stations back

Attachments

• 20200213154325_1.jpg
    20200213154325_1.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Unsure if it has been mentioned, but I'd like to report a bug with Gingerbread Blocks where they tend to disappear depending on adjacent blocks. I'll provide a quick screenshot for my example. I used the Gingerbread blocks as coconuts for a giant Palm Tree, but notice on the right how some tiles are missing? The only block that I removed from there was the gap in the middle, the 2 full blocks above and the 2 sloped ones below have just vanished. If I put that removed block back, they reappear, and if I mine the invisible blocks, they drop like normal, so I'd say there's missing areas on the sprite sheet. Be grateful if this got fixed in a future update.
View attachment 235796
It has been confirmed it will be fixed next update. So don't worry.

Minions causing I-Frames is nothing new in terraria, that's not really specific to the viscount's cane

Correction: Piercing minions causing I-Frames is nothing new. Piercing damage in general is known to do this. This is effectively common knowledge .. which is why it is more than a little vexing that there appears to be no non piercing minions available for fighting chunky single targets. in this mod.

Worse It appears that this mod does a very poor job of understanding this issue. Take the crystal scorpion. It sounds like a cool idea "minions do +3 damage while the scorpion is out" The problem is that these scorpions do like 15 damage multiple times a second. This means that as little as two scorpions will 100% block ALL pierce related damage sources. (ie all thorium minions).

I ended up removing the accessory just because my dps was cut down to a quarter of what it should have been against bosses and minion bosses .

Then there is the problem that a few of the thorium minions will attack all at once in the same frame. So 10 master books do the same damage as 1 master book. Like what the heck?

So i am in a weird situation where the only viable summons i want are all ironically vanilla minions like the tiki minions, hornets or ravens. Even the blatantly obvious copies of these minions have pierce in thorium .. such as the mushroom men. And then there are minions that are so terrible that I cannot really understand why they exist like the clock work copter thingies that shoot multiple piercing bullets...

The end result is that there really is no reason to invest in minion cap with respect to thorium minions while this design flaw with pierce exists. 4 will effectively over cap your damage potential

Unless all you use minions for is to stack all the various debuffs they roll around with.

There's a mod that focuses on this with piercing weapons in general, you should go get that if you want each projectile to have it's own immunity frames VS relaying on one from the player.

Ran into a rather interesting fatal bug. We had crafted a few marine chests. Placed them and filled them up without issue. One however was next to a door preventing the door from opening to the right. Not sure if just being next to a door caused the issue with all the chests, but basically when you went to use the door the marine chest next to the door explodes in duplicates dropping the maximum amounts of marine chests the server can handle before crashing. most of the time it was in excess of 400+. Destroying the door had the same effect on the chest. Once emptied the chest can be "destroyed" dropping a marine chest, but still remained in place until logging off and back in which removed it as intended. Thinking being next to the door was the issue we tried then closing the door, but another marine chest a few blocks over exhibited the same behavior exploding into 400+ chests and crashing the server. Not sure if the door was the trigger to break all the marine chests, but all three exhibited that bizarre needing to log off to fully remove the chest after being emptied. Can't test it myself since its not my server, but figure id mention it here. I'll see if i can get an image to upload with the exact set up there was prior.

For quite some time, passing a certain point in my world makes a lot of background items dissapear! Chests, crafting stations, tree leaves. Seems to be around 131` west if it matters... I only have Thorium installed, and this ruines gameplay
1583092994226.png

I came here to report the Stacking NPCs bug (or as I call it, the Laminating NPCs bug), but it seems its already been reported. Also, it seems there may be more important things on the Dev's minds right now. :dryadconfused:

I'll just say I've been liking the mod so far! and will likely avoid updating it.

Curious what the plans for after 1.4 are.

Is there a way to disable the Exhaustion for Thrower as a mod configuration?
Personally it feels out of place and unnecessary, considering how losing so much damage just for infinite ammo seems nowhere near as worth it as it should be.

Noob question time: I’m doing a mage playthrough and just found out about the White Knight armour, but I already have the hallowed armour with the headgear. I’m not sure which one is better, the main difference seems to be that the hallowed armour gives a 100 mana boost while the White Knight armour gets you back mana for hitting enemies, and idk which one is better for mana overall. Plus the White Knight armour gives you a little more defense.

Love the mod btw! :D

1.6.2.0 - "Darts, Donations, and Decor" is here!

Find the full change log down below! You can install the update manually from the OP or wait for the in-game ModBrowser to catch up. It may take a moment, so please be patient, and have fun!
- Click Here -

Back
Top Bottom