tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Noob question time: I’m doing a mage playthrough and just found out about the White Knight armour, but I already have the hallowed armour with the headgear. I’m not sure which one is better, the main difference seems to be that the hallowed armour gives a 100 mana boost while the White Knight armour gets you back mana for hitting enemies, and idk which one is better for mana overall. Plus the White Knight armour gives you a little more defense.

Love the mod btw! :D
I would say the defense and the mana for hitting enemys would be overrall better then a 100 mana boost but then again i rarely play mage as told by my profile picture

Just read the changelog, have a few early thoughts:

1. What happens to all the Ice Balls (The ammo, I'm asuming) and the Enforced Thorium Pax I have, if they've been removed? Also why??
2. Oof ouch owie, why all the nerfs? I may be out of the loop on something, just curious, especially to all the metallurgy shields.
3. Will Illumite and Valadium eventually get their own Furniture?

I'll probably think of more questions tomorrow morning, but that's all I got off the top of my head.
All in all, will be a very interesting update, gonna wait for the wiki to get more updated then go exploring more.

:dryadsmile: <3

why no more ebony ears?
My thoughts were that they were mostly the recolored Cat Ears and propably donator item bloat which was absolutly unnecessary.
3. Will Illumite and Valadium eventually get their own Furniture?
Even I created a lot of block for this mod like Illumite Bricks, Lodestone Slabs, Valladium Platings, ... I will not futher be making any furniture. For fun fact, Lodestone furniture was made by somebody else than me and AdipedDragon, posting it on official Thorium discord for (almost) everybody to see.

My thoughts were that they were mostly the recolored Cat Ears and propably donator item bloat which was absolutly unnecessary.
Even I created a lot of block for this mod like Illumite Bricks, Lodestone Slabs, Valladium Platings, ... I will not futher be making any furniture. For fun fact, Lodestone furniture was made by somebody else than me and AdipedDragon, posting it on official Thorium discord for (almost) everybody to see.
Sooo.... If I wanted Illumite and Valadium furniture... I should make my own???

HMMMMM.....
:dryadnaughty:

Also, do you know anything about my other questions?

Decided to install the update anyways despite unresolved concerns.

Some minor notes: My Grim pedistal and yew-wood furniture turned into pink boxes. Thankfully I have Jopojelly's cheat menu and simply gave myself replacements. Odd the Grim Pedistal turned pink, it's still in the mod.

Minor bug: the Trapped Lodestone, Permafrost(?), and Plate (From Mechbosses) Chests are all name Trapped Yew Wood Chest. Somebody did some Copy-pasting and forgot to rename the new trapped chests, just letting you know.
Still looking around. Sold all my Ice balls and my enforced thorium Pax before the update so no idea what would have happened to them, Probably would have turned into Unloaded items. That or Magic Storage auto-deleted any undocumented removed items. Searching "Unloaded Item" in magic storage returned no results, so I can only assume everything is fine.

Nothing else major found so far. Did Granite armor get nerfed to be even slower? I had a bunch of "Quick" reforged items to compensate for its slowdown and with the new update, I'm even slower now. I tried unequipping everything and the re-equipping everything and that didn't help.

Thanks for breaking fargos soul mod If any one has this version 1.6.1.4

If anyone has this version saved anywhere I'll be very happy :)
I do in fact have that version saved! I, however, do not know if it is appropriate to redistribute, and will need to ask the Mod author. I will PM them, please stand by.

masochist mode
Decided to install the update anyways despite unresolved concerns.

Some minor notes: My Grim pedistal and yew-wood furniture turned into pink boxes. Thankfully I have Jopojelly's cheat menu and simply gave myself replacements. Odd the Grim Pedistal turned pink, it's still in the mod.

Minor bug: the Trapped Lodestone, Permafrost(?), and Plate (From Mechbosses) Chests are all name Trapped Yew Wood Chest. Somebody did some Copy-pasting and forgot to rename the new trapped chests, just letting you know.
Still looking around. Sold all my Ice balls and my enforced thorium Pax before the update so no idea what would have happened to them, Probably would have turned into Unloaded items. That or Magic Storage auto-deleted any undocumented removed items. Searching "Unloaded Item" in magic storage returned no results, so I can only assume everything is fine.

Nothing else major found so far. Did Granite armor get nerfed to be even slower? I had a bunch of "Quick" reforged items to compensate for its slowdown and with the new update, I'm even slower now. I tried unequipping everything and the re-equipping everything and that didn't help.

I do in fact have that version saved! I, however, do not know if it is appropriate to redistribute, and will need to ask the Mod author. I will PM them, please stand by.

I need it for fargos mod the SoE uses a huge amount of misc items that were removed in the last update it's a shame since i'm 80 hours into the play through on masochist mode feels like a waste.

If this was done on purpose than that's a fffed up move.

PM sent, awaiting DivermanSam's reply, please stand by.
Maybe they should list the older version incase stuff like this happens

Won't be needed - thanks for your help though.

Last edited:
1.6.2.0 - "Darts, Donations, and Decor" is here!

Find the full change log down below! You can install the update manually from the OP or wait for the in-game ModBrowser to catch up. It may take a moment, so please be patient, and have fun!
- Click Here -

Changed Folv's Ancient vanity and Feral-Fur vanity into Vanity sets.

I find this quite concerning TBH. I did not realize there would be an expiration date on donate-incentive items and their effects. This set in particular is something I have used every single session as it fits my play style. It is a genuine shame seeing it just up and changed into a vanity set.

Changed Folv's Ancient vanity and Feral-Fur vanity into Vanity sets.

I find this quite concerning TBH. I did not realize there would be an expiration date on donate-incentive items and their effects. This set in particular is something I have used every single session as it fits my play style. It is a genuine shame seeing it just up and changed into a vanity set.

Just as a follow up to this, after a bit of a back and forth that took place in a discord channel it was basically made clear to me that Divermansam has no intention of honoring our agreement made years ago and has decidedly stripped back the armor set he had made for me as a donation incentive. So just be warned, any money invested into "donation items" are subject to change on a whim if he ever changes his mind down the road without even so much as a message being sent your way to inform you about it. Genuine shame as I truly enjoyed the mod and very much enjoyed the specific armor set that was made, using it every play through. It seems support and loyalty only goes one way in this case, unfortunately.

I came back to play terraria and wanted to play with thorium mod but I have a problem, I can't extract the zipped file of thorium mod, it says that the file is corrupted :/

Very minor bug: Fought Coznix 3 times because the wiki said you get the ore 3 times. Got Valdium the first two times, got Lodestone the third time. Not sure that was supposed to happen. Pretty sure I was supposed to get Valadium the third time.

Did that change?

Don't worry fargo will update his mod he has other changes coming so I'm playing another game ATM thanks though.
Also DivermanSam replied, said the old versions can be found on Github, which I am not sure where is, but if you want the old version, it's on Github.

Just as a follow up to this, after a bit of a back and forth that took place in a discord channel it was basically made clear to me that Divermansam has no intention of honoring our agreement made years ago and has decidedly stripped back the armor set he had made for me as a donation incentive. So just be warned, any money invested into "donation items" are subject to change on a whim if he ever changes his mind down the road without even so much as a message being sent your way to inform you about it. Genuine shame as I truly enjoyed the mod and very much enjoyed the specific armor set that was made, using it every play through. It seems support and loyalty only goes one way in this case, unfortunately.

Yeah it's a dog move alright when fargo updates his mod I won't be playing with this mod.

Does anyone know the requirements for getting Crystal Waves? The wiki isn't particularly helpful.

I went to the Aquatic depths after beating all 3 mech bosses, and didn't find any.

EDIT: Can the Lil' Devil's Wand receive modifiers? It doesn't actually heal anything and the wiki page doesn't explicitly say it can't. If it can get modifiers, what's the best one?

Last edited:
I understand why you're disappointed, but to be fair he never said they wouldn't be subject to change. The set still exists, simply as a vanity. If you're going to let that alone ruin your experience with the mod, go ahead.

Back
Top Bottom