tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Just have to say, I am really impressed by the quality of this mod. Most mods in most games can add something to a mod but . . . they feel like mods. This mod really just augments what's there without being super cheesy. Haven't played the game in a few years and this is what I came back to. 10/10.

I'm getting a rather odd error when trying to generate a new world.
[14:34:50] [10/ERROR] [Terraria]: A problem was encountered during world generation
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.TileObject.CanPlace(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 type, Int32 style, Int32 dir, TileObject& objectData, Boolean onlyCheck, Boolean checkStay)
at Terraria.WorldGen.PlaceObject(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 type, Boolean mute, Int32 style, Int32 alternate, Int32 random, Int32 direction)
at ThoriumMod.ThoriumWorld.GenerateBatCave(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

The mods I have active are:
Calamity{with music add-on}
Thorium
Orchid
Elements Awoken
Ancients Awoken

So I'm uncertain if it's the TML 64bit version I'm using or what.

[14:34:50] [10/ERROR] [Terraria]: A problem was encountered during world generation
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.TileObject.CanPlace(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 type, Int32 style, Int32 dir, TileObject& objectData, Boolean onlyCheck, Boolean checkStay)
at Terraria.WorldGen.PlaceObject(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 type, Boolean mute, Int32 style, Int32 alternate, Int32 random, Int32 direction)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)

Thorium
Orchid
Elements Awoken
Ancients Awoken

Bat Cave? It may be referring to the Viscount's chamber. I know Calamity makes the world taller, and this has historically messed with Thorium's world-gen.

The Orchid mod very recently added Thorium compatibility, which makes it unlikely to be causing the issue, but then again, I can imagine there being bumps in the road still.

All your installed mods add underground generation. It is entirely possible TModloader tried to generate two at once and they collided with each other, in which case, try again or try a different seed.

Are there any Thorium Mod support banners? If so, where would I find them? (In case there's any confusion, the kind of banner I would put in my signature, not in-game banners).

Are there any Thorium Mod support banners? If so, where would I find them? (In case there's any confusion, the kind of banner I would put in my signature, not in-game banners).
That's odd, most mod OPs have the support banners in them ,but not Thorium apparently. You could probably just gank the one in DivermanSam's signature. Just right click on it and select "Copy Image URL" and then in your signature screen, insert an image, the forum will prompt you for a URL, you paste the URL in and you should be set.

I think I might have to report a bug that's been around forever, unless it's been discussed before. ... ... or is a design feature. Hard to tell.

The Marine Kelp Planter box doesn't act like other vanilla planter boxes. It can only exist unless there's something beneath it or is against a wall. Without a wall behind it, if you break or remove the block beneath it, the planter box will be destroyed.

Is there any special requirement to grow marine kelp in them, anyway?

I am getting stuck on "burying a blood chamber" since 2 days ago... 10 days ago it was fine? Any ideas :?

P.S. It doesn't seem to be the calamity mod, I tried creating a world without it - still the same issue.

P.S2. The console error:
[15:59:41] [9/ERROR] [Terraria]: A problem was encountered during world generation
at Terraria.TileObject.CanPlace(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 type, Int32 style, Int32 dir, TileObject& objectData, Boolean onlyCheck, Boolean checkStay) in tModLoader\Terraria\TileObject.cs:line 762
at Terraria.WorldGen.PlaceObject(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 type, Boolean mute, Int32 style, Int32 alternate, Int32 random, Int32 direction) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 28905
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress) in tModLoader\Terraria.GameContent.Generation\PassLegacy.cs:line 55
at DMD<Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator::GenerateWorld>(WorldGenerator , GenerationProgress )
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 10654
at DMD<Terraria.WorldGen::do_worldGenCallBack>(Object )
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 2323

Last edited:

Thorium
Orchid
Elements Awoken
Ancients Awoken

also getting stuck on world generation with "burying a blood chamber" :/
I am getting stuck on "burying a blood chamber" since 2 days ago... 10 days ago it was fine? Any ideas :?

P.S. It doesn't seem to be the calamity mod, I tried creating a world without it - still the same issue.

P.S2. The console error:
[15:59:41] [9/ERROR] [Terraria]: A problem was encountered during world generation
at Terraria.TileObject.CanPlace(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 type, Int32 style, Int32 dir, TileObject& objectData, Boolean onlyCheck, Boolean checkStay) in tModLoader\Terraria\TileObject.cs:line 762
at Terraria.WorldGen.PlaceObject(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 type, Boolean mute, Int32 style, Int32 alternate, Int32 random, Int32 direction) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 28905
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress) in tModLoader\Terraria.GameContent.Generation\PassLegacy.cs:line 55
at DMD<Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator::GenerateWorld>(WorldGenerator , GenerationProgress )
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 10654
at DMD<Terraria.WorldGen::do_worldGenCallBack>(Object )
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 2323

I was at the Thorium Discord server last night, and it was mentioned that there is some sort of incompatibility between Thorium and TMLx64. Something about the blood altar in Viscount's lair being a 3x3 furniture piece is tripping 64bit TModLoader.

This is an issue that both parties will need to address, as it is not currently clear who's problem this is. For now, use normal TModLoader and your issue may be resolved. If it is not, come back here and post your logs. (Note, I will not be able to help you with those)

But the normal modloader has not enough power to load all my mods... :( Also they can just make the altar a bit smaller? i dont know :D

But the normal modloader has not enough power to load all my mods... :( Also they can just make the altar a bit smaller? i dont know :D
How many of your mod affect world-gen? If you aren't sure, you can post the list to your profile, I've been reading enough mod wikis to have a crude idea of which mods affect world-gen and which don't.
You could try loading ONLY the mods which affect world-gen, generate the world, then copy the world from 32xTML's world folder to 64xTML's world folder, then load the rest of your mods.

How many of your mod affect world-gen? If you aren't sure, you can post the list to your profile, I've been reading enough mod wikis to have a crude idea of which mods affect world-gen and which don't.
You could try loading ONLY the mods which affect world-gen, generate the world, then copy the world from 32xTML's world folder to 64xTML's world folder, then load the rest of your mods.
Is there a way to have both a 32 and a 64 installations at the same time? or do i have to delete the folder and reinstall it every time?

IIRC you must delete the terraria directory and redownload via steam every time you switch between x32 and x64, unless you backup the entire vanilla directory somewhere else, or simply have copies of both.
It is suggested you generate numerous worlds with 32x, to increase the chances that you'll have one you like when you switch to x64.

Dunno, if this has already been suggested, but can I have the flight wings as a pure vanity item? I'd like to use them in the vanity slot, when I actually own other wings.

Dunno, if this has already been suggested, but can I have the flight wings as a pure vanity item? I'd like to use them in the vanity slot, when I actually own other wings.
While it does look slightly different, you could use vanilla Harpy Wings. Though I do think Flight Wings look better.

This might be added to Consolaria. If not, maybe suggest it over there, as "add Console things" is sort of their thing, not Thorium's

Back
Top Bottom