tModLoader The Thorium Mod

a mod that greatly overpowered vanilla wouldn't work well with it.
Especially when it nerfs most powerful vanilla items to enforce its own "balance" and discourage their use in favor of its own content. (I fear for the new 1.4 weapons...)

But balance disparity aside, Calamity does play nice with Thorium on a world-gen level. If the Bard and Healer gear had some means of scaling up beyond post-ML, then full compatibility might actually be possible. As it stands, if you want to run both at the same time, I suggest using Fargo's Mods to help bridge the gap.

With TModLoader being updated for 1.4 and being on steam, is there an estimate for the timeline for Thorium to be updated to 1.4?

With TModLoader being updated for 1.4 and being on steam, is there an estimate for the timeline for Thorium to be updated to 1.4?

As far as I can tell TModLoader is not updated yet? The last word in the official thread is that there is no expected time frame yet. We're probably looking at a month or more before TModloader is updated to 1.4. The version available for Steam is for the previous version of Terraria so people can continue playing their modded games while they wait for TModLoader to update. I'm pretty sure they can't even start updating Thorium until TModLoader is finished updating to 1.4.

As far as I can tell TModLoader is not updated yet? The last word in the official thread is that there is no expected time frame yet. We're probably looking at a month or more before TModloader is updated to 1.4. The version available for Steam is for the previous version of Terraria so people can continue playing their modded games while they wait for TModLoader to update. I'm pretty sure they can't even start updating Thorium until TModLoader is finished updating to 1.4.
My bad. I am just an idiot and ASSumed that TModLoader on steam would support the most recent version of Terraria. Please ignore me.

I do find it curious Relogic didn't give the Tmod team a liaison to help them speed up the conversion to 1.4 code. But maybe once they get out of the hotfix phase they'll have time to lend a bit of help.

Hello, this problem appeared with the transition to a 64-bit modloader.
You can help with her decision.

[12:12:17] [16/ERROR] [tML]: There was an error loading ThoriumMod
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.

Could not load file or assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. A strongly-named assembly is required. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131044)
Could not load file or assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. A strongly-named assembly is required. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131044)
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.Instantiate(LoadedMod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<InstantiateMods>b__1(LoadedMod mod)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad, CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModOrganizer.LoadMods(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)

Thanks in advance

So I read that the ragnarok have a damage cap of 3000 and going over it enrages them.

Why does it feel like that can be done easilly on accident with just vanilla stuff? I'm not even talking cheats or OP items, I'm literally just talking about the vanilla celestial event/moon lord items.

Like I feel Phantasm + Stardust Cells could go over this threshold, SDMG with a strong enough range build could do that too, or even Terrarian + Yoyo bag.
Heck I'd hate to see what'll happen when tModloader updates to 1.4 and we end up with Zenith against them.

3000 just feels really strict for a boss you're meant to fight with Post-ML gear. I understand if the mod was going for a way to punish players for using OP mod items, but it feels kinda silly punishing players with literally vanilla items just for using a good build.

So I read that the ragnarok have a damage cap of 3000 and going over it enrages them.

Why does it feel like that can be done easilly on accident with just vanilla stuff? I'm not even talking cheats or OP items, I'm literally just talking about the vanilla celestial event/moon lord items.

Like I feel Phantasm + Stardust Cells could go over this threshold, SDMG with a strong enough range build could do that too, or even Terrarian + Yoyo bag.
Heck I'd hate to see what'll happen when tModloader updates to 1.4 and we end up with Zenith against them.

3000 just feels really strict for a boss you're meant to fight with Post-ML gear. I understand if the mod was going for a way to punish players for using OP mod items, but it feels kinda silly punishing players with literally vanilla items just for using a good build.
Definitely going to need to be looked into for the 1.4 release, since Melee can easily reach 5 times that on a single target using purely vanilla gear.

Definitely going to need to be looked into for the 1.4 release, since Melee can easily reach 5 times that on a single target using purely vanilla gear.

Heck, messing around I found that all menacing accessores + unreal tsunami with holy arrows + archery and wrath potions = easilly exceed 3000DPS, I know it's a target dummy, but this technically would enrage ragnarok.
20200601224209_1.jpg

Yeah I think 3000 is a bit too low for a DPS cap.

Something rather interesting I found out between Thorium and Calamity, the emergency air tank works in the Abyss, albeit it activates late.

Hope y'all brought heals if you plan on exploiting that air tank haha. >.<
No biggie really, just wanted to share.

Something rather interesting I found out between Thorium and Calamity, the emergency air tank works in the Abyss, albeit it activates late.

Hope y'all brought heals if you plan on exploiting that air tank haha. >.<
No biggie really, just wanted to share.
I'm willing to bet the delay is because Calamity really doesn't want the air tank to work but has no means in its code to stop Thorium's code from running.

I'm willing to bet the delay is because Calamity really doesn't want the air tank to work but has no means in its code to stop Thorium's code from running.

Idk if it's literally trying to stop it, I just think the abyss breath meter works differently to the vanilla one, maybe the tank just detects the player is taking drowning damage, sees the player's health is low then fires off? Idk coding that well.

I brought a tank with me into the abyss in my current modded playthrough world and never ended up causing it to be used, at least for the layers I could access at my current stage in the game(just layer 1 atm, went to loot the shadow chests, brought the ocean crest, gills buff and arctic dive gear so I had alot of breath in the early layers).

The actual tank test I did was in a test world case I was literally curious how the tank would work in the abyss.

A concept for cross mod compatibility tho if it isn't already a thing, is to allow certain thorium armor sets to give extended breath in the abyss, I know calamity has revengence mode support for thorium so cross mod stuff isnt out of the question. I could imagine at least the coral set(is that armor set still a thing?), tide hunter and tide guardian sets giving extended breath, and maybe queen jellyfish's expert accessory she gives you also giving a little extra breath, obviously these wouldn't get you to the bottom, at best the first layer for a lil bit, but just an idea!

Congrats on making the best content mod for terraria, I can only wish other mods had the same purpose of making the game more interesting and fun for everyone.

Is it me or does the spirit band just not work properly? It goes on cooldown when I get hit by 1 damage enemies and fails to activate at all on enemies doing 200-400 damage(when it's NOT on cooldown).

It sounds like a useful item in concept, but it doesn't seem to work...

I'm getting a bug that results in being 1-shot when wearing Assassin's armor, with a Master Arbalest Hood, and a Quasar's Flare (endgame ranged build). I have a full endgame Thorium loadout, so getting 1-shot by vanilla mobs should not be happening.

I understand people will say "git gud", but this definitely does not happen with much lower level gear load outs, and again, this is completely endgame gear. I can also verify I'm not just randomly getting downed to low health, as this has happened so many times that I have watched my health go from 520 to 0 in 1 shot (Quasar also keeps me at 100% health). This does not happen with the endgame Thorium melee or mage armor either. This is only happening in the Solar Pillar and in the dungeon.

The death message is showing something related to dying by "celestial arrow". Is there something hidden with this armor that I'm missing, or does the Quasar's Flare randomly kill you? The later would be odd, since this literally only happens in the 2 areas mentioned above -- nowhere else.

This only started happening when I put on the armor set -- mods installed below:
  • Thorium v1.6.3.5
  • HERO's v0.3.5.1
  • Recipe Browser v0.8.7
  • Begone Evil v1.1
  • Max Stack Plus v1.1.0.4
  • VeinMiner v1.3.1
  • Magic Storage v0.4.3.5
  • Yet Another Boss Health Bar v1.3.2
  • Boss Cursor v1.4.1
  • Boss Checklist v1.1.1
SOLVED: not a bug, just unaware of the Illusionist's full reflect capability.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom