tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I'm getting a bug that results in being 1-shot when wearing Assassin's armor, with a Master Arbalest Hood, and a Quasar's Flare (endgame ranged build). I have a full endgame Thorium loadout, so getting 1-shot by vanilla mobs should not be happening.

I understand people will say "git gud", but this definitely does not happen with much lower level gear load outs, and again, this is completely endgame gear. I can also verify I'm not just randomly getting downed to low health, as this has happened so many times that I have watched my health go from 520 to 0 in 1 shot (Quasar also keeps me at 100% health). This does not happen with the endgame Thorium melee or mage armor either. This is only happening in the Solar Pillar and in the dungeon.

The death message is showing something related to dying by "celestial arrow". Is there something hidden with this armor that I'm missing, or does the Quasar's Flare randomly kill you? The later would be odd, since this literally only happens in the 2 areas mentioned above -- nowhere else.

This only started happening when I put on the armor set -- mods installed below:
  • Thorium v1.6.3.5
  • HERO's v0.3.5.1
  • Recipe Browser v0.8.7
  • Begone Evil v1.1
  • Max Stack Plus v1.1.0.4
  • VeinMiner v1.3.1
  • Magic Storage v0.4.3.5
  • Yet Another Boss Health Bar v1.3.2
  • Boss Cursor v1.4.1
  • Boss Checklist v1.1.1

You wouldn't happen to be fighting Biome Mimics or the Solar Pillar's Selenians, would you? These enemies have moves that reflect projectiles back at the player, and with a powerful loadout you could easily just be instantly deleted by your own attacks if you're not careful.

You wouldn't happen to be fighting Biome Mimics or the Solar Pillar's Selenians, would you? These enemies have moves that reflect projectiles back at the player, and with a powerful loadout you could easily just be instantly deleted by your own attacks if you're not careful.
Yes on the Selenians, so that is likely what is happening there, but haven't encountered Biome Mimics in the dungeon, so I'm not too sure what's happening there. Thank you for clearing up the Solar Pillar issue though! I'll see if I can reproduce the issue in the Dungeon, to see the exact enemy that I'm attacking when this occurs.
I checked the Wiki regarding the Selenians, and it doesn't make note of any damage calculations for reflect -- do you know if they just reflect the raw damage you produce with your projectile? If so, that stinks.

EDIT: It's the Illusionist in the Dungeon... Just noticed a death when fighting it, again from full health to 0, and Wiki states it also reflects. Guess these little annoyances makes ranger the worst class to play lol.

Last edited:
hey I play on Mac and for some reason I couldn't get thorium, it completely removed itself from my mods list, and I couldn't re get it. does anyone here have any idea why this is happening?
the other mods I have installed are Ommniswing, weaponsout, superquickrespawn boss cursor, what mod is this from, recipe browser, faster tools, alchemist npc (full version), and clamity

I have a question about a couple of the options for Thorium that I don't understand.

First, the "Damage reduction shield offset". What exactly does that mean and what does it do? It seems to default to 0.87, but I'd like to know what that affects and how.

Second, the "Inspiration wheel scale". I know what the inspiration wheel is, but what exactly does it scale? Is it how much inspiration is in a wheel or how much of the wheel is consumed? Basically, would reducing it make an instrument use more or less of the wheel per use?

I have a question about a couple of the options for Thorium that I don't understand.

First, the "Damage reduction shield offset". What exactly does that mean and what does it do? It seems to default to 0.87, but I'd like to know what that affects and how.

Second, the "Inspiration wheel scale". I know what the inspiration wheel is, but what exactly does it scale? Is it how much inspiration is in a wheel or how much of the wheel is consumed? Basically, would reducing it make an instrument use more or less of the wheel per use?
The Damage Reduction Shield is the little icon by your defense that tells you how much Damage Reduction you have, and the offset is for changing the position.
The Inspiration Wheel Scale is a scale of how big the wheel is, with higher numbers giving you a bigger wheel.

add
more
final
fantasy
references

hey I play on Mac and for some reason I couldn't get thorium, it completely removed itself from my mods list, and I couldn't re get it. does anyone here have any idea why this is happening?
the other mods I have installed are Ommniswing, weaponsout, superquickrespawn boss cursor, what mod is this from, recipe browser, faster tools, alchemist npc (full version), and clamity

u probably overloaded tmodloader with mixing calamity and thorium

Mods:
Instantiating Mods...
Initializing: ModLoader v0.11.7.5
Initializing: AccessorySlotsPlus v0.1
Initializing: ThoriumMod v1.6.3.7
Initializing: ElementsAwoken v1.3.13.3
Initializing: AlchemistNPC v9.3
Initializing: Census v0.3.1
Initializing: EAMusic v0.5
Initializing: RecipeBrowser v0.8.7
Initializing: SSC v1.1.1
Initializing: TerrariaChatRelay v0.9.1

Code:
[19:20:11] [1/INFO] [StatusText]: 95.2% - Generating Structures...Mining Explosives - 25.
[19:20:11] [1/INFO] [StatusText]: 95.4% - Generating Structures...Mahogany Trees - 30.
[19:20:11] [1/INFO] [StatusText]: 95.9% - Generating Structures...Corruption Pits - 40.
[19:20:11] [1/INFO] [StatusText]: 96.3% - Generating Structures...Minecart Tracks - 50.
[19:20:21] [1/INFO] [StatusText]: 103.1% - Generating Structures...Minecart Tracks - 100.
[19:20:21] [1/INFO] [StatusText]: 98.6% - Generating Structures...Minecart Tracks - 0.
[19:20:21] [1/INFO] [StatusText]: 98.6% - Thorium Mod: Burying a Blood Chamber - 0.
[19:20:21] [6/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Terraria.Player.GetModPlayer(Nullable`1 index)
   at Terraria.Player.GetModPlayer[T]()
   at ElementsAwoken.Tiles.GlobalTiles.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& blockDamaged) in ElementsAwoken\Tiles\GlobalTiles.cs:line 28
   at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& blockDamaged)
   at Terraria.WorldGen.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean& blockDamaged)
   at ThoriumMod.ThoriumWorld.GenerateBatCave(GenerationProgress progress)
   at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
   at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
   at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
   at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
   at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

[19:20:21] [6/ERROR] [tML]: A problem was encountered during world generation
Thorium Mod: Bat Cave
   at Terraria.Player.GetModPlayer(Nullable`1 index)
   at Terraria.Player.GetModPlayer[T]()
   at ElementsAwoken.Tiles.GlobalTiles.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& blockDamaged) in ElementsAwoken\Tiles\GlobalTiles.cs:line 28
   at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& blockDamaged)
   at Terraria.WorldGen.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean& blockDamaged)
   at ThoriumMod.ThoriumWorld.GenerateBatCave(GenerationProgress progress)
   at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
   at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
[19:20:21] [6/ERROR] [Terraria]: A problem was encountered during world generation
   at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
   at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
   at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

Thorium can't update to v1.4 if tModLoader hasn't updated yet.

Github release v0.11.7.5 says
  • Updated hashes for v1.4.0.5 Terraria
  • Add warning messages for attempting to load 1.4 worlds and players
  • Various typos and localization updates
  • UICommon textures are now public

Is tModLoader not up to date yet?

I just assumed no mods were tMod v0.11.7.5 ready, however, I am able to load tModLoader on a 1.4 server on tmod v0.11.7.5 with no issues.

Not sure if any one else is facing this issue but the latest version of TML 64 bit seems to have issues with thorium as it seems to make tiles appear and disappear. Will test test a bit more but I seem to not run into this once I disable thorium.

I have a suggestion for the mod, actually many

One. More variants for vanilla mobs like tiger sharks, cone sea snail, etc.
Two. Islands you can explore with unique enemies, blocks, vegetation, critters, and more! (plus statues for them)
Three. Adding angler fish to the aquatic depths and maybe an overhaul for it (re skins, blocks, structures, enemies, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom